New Addition to the DSP Family

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

New Addition to the DSP Family

Post by Zeppo »

Guys, I’ve been around this forum for a long, long time. I haven’t been posting much at all the last few years, and mainly that’s been because I haven’t been gaming nearly as much as I used to. A big reason for that is because I married a beautiful woman just under a year ago, and now the inevitable - we popped out a tiny little baby boy, Conrad Frederick, on Sunday night!

It’s my first child, and I’m very late to the party and feel really old to be a first-time father, but I couldn’t be happier or more excited about everything that’s to come. Mama and baby are doing great.

Meanwhile, there’s a very good chance we will be moving to Munich in the spring. My wife came to NY from Germany five or six years ago and writes for a German newspaper as a New York correspondent, and she’s likely to take a bit of a promotion back at the home office. That leaves me with figuring out what to do with myself in the Old Country, especially once the little guy is big enough that he won’t need a full-time Mr. Mom. :) Everybody says, “they make movies and stuff over there, maybe you could keep doing that,” but I have to say I’m not sure if I’d regret never touching another piece of grimy cable again :D I’ve been learning German, but it’s tough to get to that fluent, conversational point. I’m sure it will get a lot easier once we live there! And I can’t wait, really, to live over there as an ex-pat. It’ll be an awesome adventure for me.

Among my biggest concerns are, which team to become a fan of and attend games, Bayern (Champions League!) or 1860 (decidedly not the same thing as Bayern :D )? Also, how am I going to get Conrad to understand the NFL and why the Redskins mean so much to me? Not to mention, how the heck am I going to watch football, anyway? The Red Bulls are already asking for renewals for next year’s MLS season, and it’s really hard to give up those tickets after being a season ticket holder since day one in 1996. Plus the team is the most fun to watch it’s ever been, and we’ve been pretty good for quite a few years now, ever since Henry graced us with his presence.

Ok, so those aren’t really “the biggest” concerns, but you get it. Anyway, I’m rambling on here. Just wanted to let you much more experienced parents know that I’m finally part of the group. It is a truly amazing feeling.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: New Addition to the DSP Family

Post by DivotMaker »

Welcome to the party, Pal!

In all seriousness, congratulations and Best of Luck with Conrad, the marriage, the potential move, and your career.

Wait til you have grandkids.....it is a long ways off, but it will be here before you know it.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Congrats Zeppo and best of luck should the move happen!

I posted my new additions on this board waaaay back and now I have a 16 and an 11 year old. People warned, but it does happen fast.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Damn, the old sperm still fertilizes at your age? F*CK! Seriously, heartiest congrats to you, Zeppo, one of the true menschs of DSP.

Fatherhood is the toughest job you'll ever love. You'll look back at your life in two phases, B.K. (before kids) and A.K. (after kids). You'll lose more hair and add more wrinkles during A.K., but you'll never know what you did with your time during B.K. and also realize you never felt the same sense of love and fulfillment during B.K. that you do now.

Best wishes on the move to Munich. What a great experience that so few of us get to enjoy. 1860, Bayern -- hell, you're in footy and beer heaven. What could possibly go wrong?

We're all stoked for you, Papa! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Atta boy Zeppo (and Mrs. Zeppo)! Congrats dude.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Congratulations! Better late than never. Can't put a price on fatherhood.

Good luck with the impending move as well.....sounds like quite an adventure.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Congrats Zeppo!
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

This is so weird because I was literally JUST thinking about you a few days ago and wondering if you had moved on to "family life". Must have been playing a game that reminded me of our old gaming days.

A HUGE congrats (and good luck)!!! :D Was really happy to read this.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Congratulations Zeppo to you and your wife! Awesome news, and like others said who became parents here in the DSP/SportsReviewers timeline, there is nothing more rewarding (and challenging) then Fatherhood. You will love it! Good luck with everything! Hopefully someday we will end up on the same virtual race track again!

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Congrats, Zep. This is all great news. Great time to relocate out of the country. :lol:

All mostly kidding aside, I'm happy for you and your wife and now your newborn son. Fatherhood has been the best experience in my life and could not imagine life without my kids as part of it. They just make life better. Enjoy every ounce of this!
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Way to go, Zeppo! You finally soaked that sucker and it worked! :lol: Congrats man, and SC:DA is backwards compatible now... :D
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Congrats, Pal! Welcome to the club. Now you'll really understand why you had an advantage over those of us playing late nights with the wiggly little ones on our laps. :D
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Congratulations Zeppo, welcome to fatherhood. Hope Conrad grows up enjoying sports as you probably do. When in Frankfurt, let me know, I frequent there often during the summer schedule, and everything is a train ride away from everything. If you follow Bayern, they just got Alfonso Davies’ contract from the Whitecaps, a 17 old teen that will turn the Germans head around in no time.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Awesome news Zeppo! Couldn’t have said it any better than pk and the other boys. Parenthood simply changes your life.

Wish the best for you and your family in whatever comes your way.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Awesome news, congrats Zeppo! Fatherhood is awesome...I was fairly late to the party 6 years ago as well, when I was 35, but it’s been so much fun. Definitely the most rewarding, and sometimes embarassing thing that can happen in your life so enjoy the hell out of it.

And good luck in Germany...what an awesome place to “have” to move to. And being that you’re a Redskin fan, you better pick Bayern...as at least they win league titles. ;)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Gratz! Zeppo!

Im very happy for you.

From what I know of you ...I know you will love living in europe.

Best of luck!

P.S.

Does this mean we have played our last game of Madden?

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

dont think you will have any problem with nfl all my nephews follow it so im sure the coverage is good.
Best of luck mate, maybe we will see you more on xbox when you move.

Dont go for Bayern that would be like moving to England and picking Man U. :D

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Congrats on your marriage and fatherhood! And good luck on the move.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Congrats!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Fantastic news Zeppo... congratulations! Prepare to rediscover the world through your child's eyes... it will definitely give you a new perspective on life :)

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Congrats Zep! I too haven't posted on here in a long time, mostly because of similar reasons. I have two little ones, so my advice to you is enjoy the first one, because you still outnumber him! Wait until it's pure man-on-man defense, and there's never a rest because one naps and the other one wants to "do something exciting!" lol.

But I wouldn't change it for the world, just like any other dad on here.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Congrats Zep, miss gaming with you. Just had a discussion about how the original Shadowrun game was ahead of its time and is essentially Overwatch.

Good luck brother.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation