Madden 19 with RPM

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 19 with RPM

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Well, my 10 hour EA Access trial is just about up. Yeah, it's taken me that long to use up the 10 hours. This game just doesn't grab me for whatever reason. I'll enjoy playing a quarter or two but then ultimately I just become bored with it. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the animations, the robotic movement, weird tackling, etc....In any case, this will be the first time in probably 20 something years I didn't purchase Madden.
LOL...I'm the same way. First year I haven't purchased and I still haven't exhausted my 10 hour trial yet. Weird.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:Maybe it's the animations, the robotic movement, weird tackling, etc....
I don't see this in the game anymore with the exception of a weird legacy tackle now and then and haven't for years. Madden has a number of problems but visuals and movement aren't one of them IMO.

Maybe you're just not a big football fan and it's as simple as that? Like for me I think the Show has looked the same for like 5 years now but I fell out of love with baseball a while ago so I imagine a baseball die hard enjoys the yearly upgrades like I do with Madden.

Being able to play on my PC is a big plus though, wish a baseball game would come back to the PC.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Well, my 10 hour EA Access trial is just about up. Yeah, it's taken me that long to use up the 10 hours. This game just doesn't grab me for whatever reason. I'll enjoy playing a quarter or two but then ultimately I just become bored with it. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the animations, the robotic movement, weird tackling, etc....In any case, this will be the first time in probably 20 something years I didn't purchase Madden.
LOL...I'm the same way. First year I haven't purchased and I still haven't exhausted my 10 hour trial yet. Weird.
Same. I'll wait for Madden 19 to appear on Access. I long for the return of NCAA Football more than ever. Fat chance, I know.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Same. I'll wait for Madden 19 to appear on Access. I long for the return of NCAA Football more than ever. Fat chance, I know.
I've lost pretty much all interest in the NFL, so no loss regarding Madden. I updated Madden 18 with the latest rosters and maybe played that for a total of 20-30 minutes.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Maybe it's the animations, the robotic movement, weird tackling, etc....
I don't see this in the game anymore with the exception of a weird legacy tackle now and then and haven't for years. Madden has a number of problems but visuals and movement aren't one of them IMO.

Maybe you're just not a big football fan and it's as simple as that? Like for me I think the Show has looked the same for like 5 years now but I fell out of love with baseball a while ago so I imagine a baseball die hard enjoys the yearly upgrades like I do with Madden.

Being able to play on my PC is a big plus though, wish a baseball game would come back to the PC.
Unfortunately, I'm becoming bored with The Show as well. I can hardly get through 5 innings anymore and I must have quick counts on. With both games, I look forward to the experience more than I enjoy playing them. I don't feel that same way playing NHL 19, FIFA 19, and NBA 2K19. Maybe it's because those games are quicker paced and and tether the line of being a being more arcade like. Madden looks amazing and the presentation is top notch, but for whatever reason the game play doesn't grab me like it has in the past. My son booted up NCAA 14 not too long ago and the game play was on par or dare I say more fun than Madden...but I couldn't get past the visuals. :)

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

sportdan30 wrote:
Danimal wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm becoming bored with The Show as well. I can hardly get through 5 innings anymore and I must have quick counts on. With both games, I look forward to the experience more than I enjoy playing them. I don't feel that same way playing NHL 19, FIFA 19, and NBA 2K19. Maybe it's because those games are quicker paced and and tether the line of being a being more arcade like. Madden looks amazing and the presentation is top notch, but for whatever reason the game play doesn't grab me like it has in the past. My son booted up NCAA 14 not too long ago and the game play was on par or dare I say more fun than Madden...but I couldn't get past the visuals. :)
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm the opposite, I haven't been able to play Madden for more than 5-10 games in several years. This year however, M19 has been amazing for what I'm wanting out of a console football game.

But I get what you're saying with fan of the sport, this is the first year I've gotten back into the NFL. Hockey, I always purchase and play because I like the sport that much that I need a game to play that replicates the sport.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

We beat Seattle, 26-24. Glennon was horrible so DeShon Kizer comes in and he's electric! Throwing for 3 TD's, a 2-pt conversion and scrambling for 43 yards.

We are now 4-5 and back in the hunt! Of course DJ got injured again but we have a deep RB bench!

We face the defending Champion Eagles at home next week!

The thing I really love about this football game was Seattle's LB Bobby Wagner was a freaking BEAST. He had 12 tackles and was everywhere, just dominating. Unlike NHL 19, great players stand out and it's refreshing to see that.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

We lose 27-26 to the Eagles and we played too conservative at the end of the game, allowing Wentz to mount a winning TD drive. The Eagles had the #1 defense coming into the game and we did a great job rushing the ball but QB Kizer had trouble finding his receivers, even with Kirk back.

We are now 4-6 and find ourselves two games behind the Rams who are 6-4. We travel to Miami to face a 5-5 Dolphins team. This is a MUST WIN as we come back home to face the Rams in the next game.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

We lose 30-22 to the Cowboys and are season is pretty much over at 5-8. Stinks as we dominated them but had 3 INT's, two of them returned for TD's.

I saw a decent amount of penalties called this game which ticked me off cause a few killed drives for me, but color me surprised.

We could be so good next season but I think I might be fired since I told the owner we would go 11-5.

Now I guess we get to play spoiler.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Nobody else playing a CFM? I want to hear some more talk! :D

We beat the Jets, 20-12 as I bench Rosen at the half and DeShone Kizer leads us to victory. We are now 6-8 and no playoffs this season but it has me thinking about a QB controversy and I'll start Kizer against the Patriots who come into Arizona, 7-7. I would love to spoil their playoff hopes!

Still don't think I'll have a job even if we finish 8-8, but there's always hope. Buffalo is the worst team and will most likely have the #1 pick, so that could be my next destination if the owner sacks me. Don't think I'll ever project a record of 11-5 again.. aim low, shoot high.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Still playing Madden most nights, but I do play some Play Now games with current match-ups, but mostly it is MUT and its Solo Battles. Tried to get into a CFM a few times this year, and it just ain't doing it for me.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Beat the Patriots and their rookie QB, 18-13. We now sit at 7-8 and look to finish at .500 as we take on the 49ers at home. Our defense has been improving, we were 21st 6 weeks ago and we now sit at #12.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

We finished 8-8 I kept my job and traded injury prone RB David Johnson to the Bengals along with a 2022 3rd round pick for their 1st round 11th pick. Johnson still has 3 years left on his contract and is rated a 91 ovr.

Since injuries are much lower for simulated games, Johnson should be a solid RB for the Bengals who's best RB was rated at 72.

With that pick we grab a good DT with the last name of Sapp so I'll go with a storyline that he's Warren's kid. ;)

First game of the season and we face Cousins and the Vikings. First half we played great and was up 17-3. Second half was completely different as Dalvin Cook had two TD runs of 71 and 23 yards. Minnesota would also recover an onside kick with 41 seconds left and then kick a FG to send the game into OT, 27-27. We get the ball first and drive down the field when Rosen throws his first INT of the game. I figured the Vikings would drive down and kick a winning FG but Cousins would throw an INT on their first play and we would run 3 running plays and kick a FG to put us at 1-0 in the 2021 season. The CPU did the ice the kicker and I had wondered if I clicked it at the right time... kind of a neat feature.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

We are 2-0 to start the 2021 season with a 48-26 drubbing of the Chicago Bears. Our offense reminds me of the current day Kansas City Chiefs, tons of offensive weapons and a defense that struggles to make plays.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

We sit at 4-2 in 2021 after a shootout win, 43-38 against Mariota and the Titans. Rosen has finally made that step this season throwing for 15 TD's and only 6 picks so far.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I don't know why I never knew this, but I found out something mind-blowingly-cool last week. I fired up Madden on PC and tried to play it in triple-screen mode. I expected crazy issues, but instead had ZERO problems, and playing a half-dozen games like this makes me wonder if I can ever play it on console again. Being able to play in "zoom" camera and have the ability to see all of the OL/DL line play, while still being able to read coverages and outside WR/DB interactions completely changes the entire game. It sounds like hyperbole, but holy sh*t it's amazing. I know post-Super Bowl is when it gets the most boring, but I have been playing this with the Nectar 2.0 mod from OS, and it's like it's not even the same game.

Did anybody else know it actually does this? 8O

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

That looks awesome man. Wonder how many EA games have that feature?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Wow.. that's incredible!!!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I hate it when my receiver is supposed to run a stop and go and disappears in my bezel. lol.

But damn if that's not the coolest thing I've ever seen.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I hate it when my receiver is supposed to run a stop and go and disappears in my bezel. lol.

Yeah, gotta have monitors with small bezels :lol:

I think mine are only 25 pixels each (so it's a 50 pixel bezel in total), which doesn't give me much of a problem. Did you play like this before, or did you just try it, Scott? My mind has been completely blown by this. I really don't think I can play it on console anymore. Being able to scan the field even seems easier when it's so much wider and I can literally scan in like a 60 degree arc in front of my head. I'm finding receivers later and diagnosing safety coverages much better. It's had such a profound, bizarre effect on my play.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

TCrouch wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:I hate it when my receiver is supposed to run a stop and go and disappears in my bezel. lol.

Yeah, gotta have monitors with small bezels :lol:

I think mine are only 25 pixels each (so it's a 50 pixel bezel in total), which doesn't give me much of a problem. Did you play like this before, or did you just try it, Scott? My mind has been completely blown by this. I really don't think I can play it on console anymore. Being able to scan the field even seems easier when it's so much wider and I can literally scan in like a 60 degree arc in front of my head. I'm finding receivers later and diagnosing safety coverages much better. It's had such a profound, bizarre effect on my play.
No I haven't...I only have a 34" Predator Widescreen that I PC game on, so never had the pleasure of that setup. Makes me contemplate it tho...lol. Jerk. :)

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Ohhh gotcha. Yeah, I have a 4th monitor connected to the cockpit that's the 34" Asus PG348Q. If I need a single 21:9 screen to do something I can run there, but most games handle triples better than they do 21:9, strangely. Then I just slide the cockpit itself in front of the triples or under the single as needed.

Madden in triples has been insanely cool, though.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Won the Super Bowl with the Cardinals in 2022, beating the Jacksonville Jaguars. Took me 5 years and I'm still having a blast playing Madden, now in 2023.

Dallas shellacked me in the first game of the season but we won a close one in Cleveland and crushed Washington to put us at 2-1. The Rams and Seahawks are both 3-0 so it's going to be another tough divisional race.

The last patch really tied some loose ends up, mainly the falling forward on tackles they went overboard on the previous patch with. Now it's a good mix and most of the animations make sense. Seems like there are also more injuries that are just for the remainder of the game instead of several being out for weeks.

I'm definitely excited for the next Madden, which is a rarity for me and the Madden series.

Now if only the NHL series could actually put some effort into franchise mode.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Congrats! I never even made it through a single season of this version. When they took it from launch version to unplayable (for me) early, I lost interest. I've come back around recently, and it's a much more fun game of football now. 5 seasons, though, seeing your draft picks all develop, and it sounds like you're still getting competitive games is like a dream to me. In past versions, the team was so quick to become overpowered, or the progression was so hosed that it stayed the same forever. What are your 5 best player's overalls (and 5 worst), out of curiosity?

I'm fairly sure that when the draft is done and the team is pretty much assembled, I'll download a new roster and give it a shot again.