Madden 19 with RPM

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 19 with RPM

Post by MizzouRah »

5 Best OVR

SS Budda Baker (93)
WR Malcolm Dixon (87) - my very first draft pick in 2019
FS Tre Boston (86)
LOLB Rodriguez Romberg (84) - first draft pick in 2020
QB Josh Rosen (83)

5 Worst OVR

RG Jordan Denney (64)
SS London Fenderson (64)
LG Deontae Savage (65)
DT Ion Cohen (66)
FS Devron Dunn (68)

I do let the CPU handle training and I do the actual upgrades, so that seems to make them a lot less and on par with the CPU.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Plus, I did like how they seemed to handle the progression this year, with you spending a point and they just get better at random stats to earn that point.

In previous online leagues, for example, guys would have "99 SPD/99ACC/99 JMP/99 SPC" WR, but then be a 71 overall because of poor route running, etc. And still just SMOKE cover 4 defense, and only cost 700K per season. This method of progression seems to have been targeting that type of development, but letting the CPU handle it is likely why you have a pretty solid core, but no insane superstars.

In the last major 32-person league I played in, I think most of the "top" teams had 10 to 15 90s-rated players after 2 seasons (with a bunch of "cheat" type players like the WR above sprinkled in), so almost everybody was so stacked that it was Clash of the Titans every week.

I actually really wish there was a way I could force myself to experience Madden for the "first time" again, or not get immediately turned off when they change a setting and the entire game changes from week to week.

Maybe jumping into it in December is the way to go, after they've finished messing with it for the year!

Thanks for the info, man.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

MizzouRah wrote:I do let the CPU handle training and I do the actual upgrades, so that seems to make them a lot less and on par with the CPU.
Some people just spam the training until they get gold on everything but then wonder why all there guys are studs but letting the CPU handle it puts your guys at a disadvantage.

I've house rules myself so that I get one shot at each training and I stick with what I get for the whole year. So if it's cover 2 week and I get a bronze that is what I am stuck with.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

TCrouch wrote:Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Plus, I did like how they seemed to handle the progression this year, with you spending a point and they just get better at random stats to earn that point.

In previous online leagues, for example, guys would have "99 SPD/99ACC/99 JMP/99 SPC" WR, but then be a 71 overall because of poor route running, etc. And still just SMOKE cover 4 defense, and only cost 700K per season. This method of progression seems to have been targeting that type of development, but letting the CPU handle it is likely why you have a pretty solid core, but no insane superstars.

In the last major 32-person league I played in, I think most of the "top" teams had 10 to 15 90s-rated players after 2 seasons (with a bunch of "cheat" type players like the WR above sprinkled in), so almost everybody was so stacked that it was Clash of the Titans every week.

I actually really wish there was a way I could force myself to experience Madden for the "first time" again, or not get immediately turned off when they change a setting and the entire game changes from week to week.

Maybe jumping into it in December is the way to go, after they've finished messing with it for the year!

Thanks for the info, man.
It's been and up and down with patches, but the final patch last month really put this game in a good spot. I'm on AP defaults with speed parity on 75, 8M quarters and I think 15 second accel clock.

I'm just amazed the game is still challenging for me several seasons down the road. Sure, my team can battle for the top spot in my division now, but I've built this team up through the draft and with a trade here and there. I've had to let some really good players go and let the draftees play. It's just an amazing game IMHO and it flows perfectly with the week to week stuff, FA period, draft, etc.. Any game that lets me see a rookie player produce and allows me to let that stud veteran leave so I can pay my QB, really brings a smile to my face.

If they could just have a few more penalties on default, work towards a more physics based engine and thin out the WWF hits a tad more, and maybe clean up the news/stories stuff that seem to be fed to you in a very disorganized way, I'd consider this game perfect for what I want out of a console sports sim. It's definitely my favorite football sports game.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Danimal wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:I do let the CPU handle training and I do the actual upgrades, so that seems to make them a lot less and on par with the CPU.
Some people just spam the training until they get gold on everything but then wonder why all there guys are studs but letting the CPU handle it puts your guys at a disadvantage.

I've house rules myself so that I get one shot at each training and I stick with what I get for the whole year. So if it's cover 2 week and I get a bronze that is what I am stuck with.
It's definitely a disadvantage but I think that's why the game has stayed competitive for me this many seasons, plus it allows me to just play the actual games. I even sim all preseason games and just play the regular season/playoff games.