Madden 19 with RPM

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 19 with RPM

Post by pk500 »

TCrouch wrote:Let's sing kumbaya and smoke something... 8)
Did someone say smoke? :lol:

P.S.: Got a GREAT deal today from Cigars International. An eight-stick cigar sampler of good brands and a five-stick plastic travel humidor for $15. Insane, I tell ya!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Danimal wrote:PK I don't care if you like it or not to be honest and my comment was more the general tone of this thread. It's OS like to be honest. People playing 1 game or 1 half, not playing it but commenting anyway. It like me coming into the Hunter thread after playing for 15 minutes and saying this game is boring and like every other $12 budget hunting title ever released.

I was trying to explain to you why I think RPM changes the game but your posts made it clear you didn't care, you called it a minor animation change at that point there is no reason for me to even try.

That's fine it is your choice on what you want to play, I'm certainly not claiming it is a mind blowing new game but for people who play it a lot, especially in franchise there are good changes for example.

The fact that audibles and hot routes now have animations attached which make it impossible to hot route every player multiple times.
The fact teams have schemes and players fit better into those schemes. Do I take the 85 overall or the 80 who fits my scheme?
The fact you can depth chart Slot receivers, power backs, sub LB's Rush ends and also that the game now subs players without messing with sliders, big for me.

I could go on but I want to play it more, there are a lot of things I don't like, for example the AI run game is not great. Injuries seem out of control, wacky mouse support.

At the end of the day I don't care if people like it or not, or who plays what but lets be honest if this wasn't Madden which people love to hate, half these people wouldn't even post in this thread.
Edit: never mind.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

pk500 wrote:By the way, Dan and I took this pillow fight to Facebook Messenger.

He graciously apologized to me and other non-hardcore players in this thread and also offered some good information about the RPM feature that helps me see it more clearly. He also understands that many of us aren't as hardcore as he is with Madden and don't notice the nuance.

No harm, no foul. All's good in the hood. Dan's a top DSP brother. :)
This is what makes this community so special.

Thanks for sharing.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

DivotMaker wrote:
pk500 wrote:By the way, Dan and I took this pillow fight to Facebook Messenger.

He graciously apologized to me and other non-hardcore players in this thread and also offered some good information about the RPM feature that helps me see it more clearly. He also understands that many of us aren't as hardcore as he is with Madden and don't notice the nuance.

No harm, no foul. All's good in the hood. Dan's a top DSP brother. :)
This is what makes this community so special.

Thanks for sharing.
Indeed. And for the record: Dan initiated the convo on FBM and also the apology. A man's man!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

I'm going to hold off getting it for now. Last year they had several patches, and the big one to fix many game play issues didn't drop until the week of Thanksgiving. I ended up getting Madden 18 on Thanksgiving night for $29. That will probably be my plan again this year as I still enjoy Madden '18.

It's still hard to believe that in 2018 we have one choice for a football game when 20 years ago we had 6-7 choices.

Rick

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

icvu42 wrote:I'm going to hold off getting it for now. Last year they had several patches, and the big one to fix many game play issues didn't drop until the week of Thanksgiving. I ended up getting Madden 18 on Thanksgiving night for $29. That will probably be my plan again this year as I still enjoy Madden '18.

It's still hard to believe that in 2018 we have one choice for a football game when 20 years ago we had 6-7 choices.

Rick
That's the route I'm going to go as well. I'll be able to milk the 10 hour EA Access trial for a good month.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I'm at like 2 hours left now. I may sign my wife tip for EA Access.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I played 5 hrs last night.

There is a big difference in play with RPM. Im just not sure I like it. 8)

Definite buy on disc... Must sell it before it hits access.

P.S. It is a very pretty game in 4k.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Finished my 10 hours last night. for the first time, I ponied up $5 on my wife's profile to buy her a month of EA Access. Now, as long as I have her profile signed in, I can play the trial on my account still.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yes apologies again to Pk and anyone else I offended. I would of done so here in the first place but was in a car to Cedar Point the roller coaster capital of the world. Rode the new Steel Vengeance thing was sick. By my count hit every coaster some multiple times so that was 31 coasters rides yesterday, 14 hours at the park at 11.84 miles walking. Then a 5.5 hour car ride back today, my back hurts. :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Hey , there is that "basement-dwelling stat nerd wankery," again.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I know this is about M19 but can anyone suggest good current rosters for Madden 18? Last year I played M18 for about an hour.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

So I'm close to finishing my 10 hour trial and I'll definitely be getting 2019. This game is right there with the Show in my opinion and fun factor was off the charts. Haven't had that "just one more game" feel with Madden in a very long time. I'm also probably one of the few that is playing the game on the arcade setting but the games i've played have all felt fantastic and not very arcade like at all. I played 17, skipped 18 but 19 seems to be a very good upgrade to me and worthy of a purchase. Fun factor is all that matters to me these days and Madden 19 definitely provides that.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I've played about 20+ games now on the PC, mostly in exhibition and franchise mode. I'm really enjoying the game but the more you play you find little things that detract from the fun factor.

+ PC version is flawless from a game play standpoint. I was worried it might feel sluggish but it doesn't at all. Sitting close to my ultrawide screen has been a God send for my failing eye sight. I might not get the lighting effects of HDR but the extra detailed textures make up for it.

- Sound on the PC is hit or miss, it cuts out at times. Mouse support is a half ass attempt but at least I can use the keyboard to input data.

+ RPM, won't go down this debate road again but what i failed to point out last time. Last year the guy you controlled had RPM to a lesser degree. This year it affects all 22 players on the field. This is what EA was hyping and it makes a difference, players just missing swats or over running plays aren't going to warp tackle you.

+ AI Play Calling is substantially better, they will not abandon the run even though they should (see below) and they will take deep shots. Mix up and exploit match ups. A little thing that will go unnoticed by many.

+ / - QB audibles and hot routes, huddle break. Until yesterdays patch I would of said this was a plus. QB's take more time audible and hot route with hand signals. The huddle take longer to get to the line. This was more realistic, but we didn't even make it to launch day before EA caved to the competitive / MUT crowd and nerfered this. Now if there is 10 second or less on the play or game clock they reduce the hand signals. Truth be told they reduced them anyway. I was able to hot route every receiver with 15 seconds on the play clock something I couldn't do last week.

+ Players feel different. I feel like we say this every year but with RPM you can really feel the difference in players that are agile.

- AI Running Game. So there is basically no AI running game because they utilize the juke too much. So instead of running north and south they juke when they shouldn't most times into a tackle. Where if they just went straight they could pick up 4 or 5 more yards. That may not sound like much until you throw 14 carries at it, then it is a big difference. They claimed to have patched this, I didn't notice a difference. Someone claims a roster edit of moving everyones Juke below 75 fixes it, hell if I have that time.

+ Presentation. To me it is good this year. The half time show is a step in the right direction, the banners and replays are good.

- Attention to details. Where to start things I've noticed beside sound cutting out. Game doesn't save choices sometimes in settings. I saved a game, came back and the weather was different. The mouse cursor icon appear on screen sometimes. Audio is off or outdated, the talked about the 2017 HOF game.

- Fatigue / Auto Subs. Before the patch this was a plus, they did something. Luckily if you adjust the slider it works better.

- Boundary awareness. Guys seem to not have any, it is way worse than last year. I also had Mike Evans run 10 yards crossing out of bound in the back of the end zone, step in to catch a TD pass the game let count and lost a game because of it.

+ Depth Chart Additions. Countering auto subs issues is the new depth chart positions like slot wide receiver, rush ends, power backs etc. This allows you to get specific players in the game.

+ / - Schemes. I like this concept and I like how it identifies players who fit your scheme. I'm just not sure how well it is implemented in the playbooks. Browns have a outside power run scheme or something like that but coach suggestions calls all passing plays and zone runs.

- Playbooks. These have gotten so similar that they feel stale between most teams.

+ Mods. The PC edition will likely have mods and that is a big plus for me, hopefully actually network overlays and more.

That's all I can think of right now.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Just bumping this to see if you guys recommend any customized and up to date rosters for M18? :)

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I don't really look at the old game once the new one comes out, but MDFL was always a really common one I used for previous Maddens. I just go to rosters and look for the most downloaded and/or upvoted version, download, and check it out.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'd be interested to know if you even find a current roster for M18 at this point.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

There will be. Every year there are rosters updated post-FA, post-draft, and up to training camp. You can, at a minimum, get a roster from August, but there are always some guys who don't get the next year's game and want to stay on the previous year's version. They then take one of the biggest rosters and make the updates in camp as guys get cut/traded.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks Terry, i'll see if MDFL posted new rosters.

Edit: I didn't see a roster from MDFL but I found one with like 32K downloads and that has the current roster.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Really loving this game so far.

Harder in a fair way.

All I ever wanted was to be able to say that int was my fault.

Only complaint...Calling for a fair catch most of the time arm never goes up.

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

I'm enjoying the game a ton. Defensive coverage adjustments work now. Coverages are better portrayed, for example you can exploit Cover 2 down the middle like you would in real life, this wasn't really possible in the past. I love the run game. RPM, One Cut and the run to daylight or whatever it's called are all game changers imo. I think I've got the sliders mostly dialed in for my play style. If you utilize Play the Moment or the in game sim engine at all, it seems to be improved as far as play selection and play result balance. I also really like the custom QB pre-play mannerisms. Adds to the feel of the game for me.

There are some things to clean up. Pass protection has some holes, I'm not sure if the brain dead plays on certain occasions are due to OL having low awareness of there's some holes in the programming. I tend to believe they have some programming to clean up in pass protection more than it being a design decision. CPU run game needs some help as well. Although I have alleviated this for the most part via sliders.

Game looks great, it's a marked improvement over 18 imo. Only real fear is due to the game being harder (and more realistic), that the devs will listen to everyone bitching and dumb the game down via patch. Overall I'm happy with my purchase this year.
-BK

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Messing around with the Ultimate team crap until the season starts and I can get updated rosters.Anybody know where i can get a custom cover to print? I can't stand the Steelers.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I'm really surprised by how much I've enjoyed playing Madden 19 after wanting to spend hardly any time with 17 or 18.

Part of it might be that I just don't care about realism nearly as much these days, so I do a quick sim through defense and set up the clock to get through a game faster vs. realistic stats or play counts.

But it might be time to try out the arcade play style instead of simulation, the AI pass defense eats me alive and comes up with at least 3 INTs per game. Totally my fault for the most part, but some defenders seem to come off coverage pretty quickly to make a play on the ball.

As the Jets (my kid wanted to see them for some reason) I ended up going something like 8-30 with 5 picks, could really feel the talent difference between them and a team like the Vikings.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

bkrich83 wrote:I'm enjoying the game a ton. Defensive coverage adjustments work now. Coverages are better portrayed, for example you can exploit Cover 2 down the middle like you would in real life, this wasn't really possible in the past. I love the run game. RPM, One Cut and the run to daylight or whatever it's called are all game changers imo. I think I've got the sliders mostly dialed in for my play style. If you utilize Play the Moment or the in game sim engine at all, it seems to be improved as far as play selection and play result balance. I also really like the custom QB pre-play mannerisms. Adds to the feel of the game for me.

There are some things to clean up. Pass protection has some holes, I'm not sure if the brain dead plays on certain occasions are due to OL having low awareness of there's some holes in the programming. I tend to believe they have some programming to clean up in pass protection more than it being a design decision. CPU run game needs some help as well. Although I have alleviated this for the most part via sliders.

Game looks great, it's a marked improvement over 18 imo. Only real fear is due to the game being harder (and more realistic), that the devs will listen to everyone bitching and dumb the game down via patch. Overall I'm happy with my purchase this year.
Biggest fear I have in ANY sports game.....

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Dave wrote:As the Jets (my kid wanted to see them for some reason) I ended up going something like 8-30 with 5 picks, could really feel the talent difference between them and a team like the Vikings.
In previous Maddens (as recently as Madden 16 in an online league), I've gone through an entire season only throwing 5 or 6 INTs. If I threw 10, that was a bad year.

In Madden 19, Dan and I are doing a 2-person CFM and I'm the Giants. I've thrown 5 TDs and 7 INTs in 3 games 8O. Most of that is because the windows are so much smaller, and "open" guys aren't always wide open, so you have to have faith in your wideouts as much as you do in your reads and QB's ability to get the ball to them.

About half of those INTs were clearly my fault, fat-fingering a bullet to a dig where I had no business doing so. It takes a LOT of trust to just know that your WR will get to the spot you need, and to throw a touch pass down the middle of the field, but it's imperative that you learn to do so. I still suck at it, so I throw some easy picks to LBs every game.

However, the other half have been just beautiful plays by corners in 50/50 ball situations. I see OBJ out wide, one on one with a corner, and even though the corner has position, I try to throw a high arc to the outside shoulder, and watch the CB just battle for it, and pick it off. It's been a thing of beauty. Or the previously-almost-money corner routes in man coverage, thinking I have an easy completion, only to watch the corner undercut the route for the pick.

I really, really enjoy almost everything about the game this year, except for the horrible CPU running game. With the run fits properly executed, you can call some pretty stout run D, and blow gaps up when you see them opening. I've got a funny problem this year on offense, though, where I can move the ball well, but I absolutely suck ass in the red zone. When the field tightens up, if I don't have an easy drag/slant/corner to read, I take sacks. And if I've got a goal line offense loaded up to run the ball, the CPU inevitably breaks through to stuff me for no gain. So I'm having games where I put up 400 yards and score 16 points.

But most games are a war, which I've really enjoyed so far. I really hope they don't cave and make it so you have the money routes and dumb CPU again. But it was this way in beta, and I was afraid release would be dumbed down, too.

So far, so good.