Maximum Football 2020

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Maximum Football 2020

Post by Teal »

Anyone give this a look? I know it's not Madden, but that's really why I'm interested. I know last year's was a bit rough judging by comments online.

I really like the idea of a fully customizable football game where I can play whatever level of game-high school, college, pro- and set it up pretty much like I want.

So...anyone?
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Maximum Football 2020

Post by Teal »

Well, curiosity got the best of me. I went ahead and bought it. I've been jonesing for NCAA for years now, and foolishly parted with my NCAA14 years ago, before I could make bank on it...lol.

I'm a huge proponent of competition in all game forms. I hate the lock that EA has on football, and like upstarts who want to take them on.

That said, this ain't great. But it's not bad, either. I mean, it won't be confused for an EA game, or hell, even an XB1 game. It's got a lot of quirks, but it runs at 60fps, and plays a fairly decent game of pigskin.

There aren't a ton of animations, some goofy things that happen, the physics can be very suspect at times, but... It's growing on me a little. Don't get me wrong, IF NCAA 2020 was on the market, I'd drop this like a bad habit. But it's not, and for an extremely indie developer, it's actually pretty good.

It has a full 130 team college slate, and a 32 team pro slate, all fully customizable, leagues, a 50 year dynasty mode, practice modes, decent offering of stadiums, etc.

What I can tell it's that it's a labor of love, and I can appreciate that. No way in hell I'd ever pay full price for this, but I'm okay with supporting the efforts of developers to break the monopoly of the industry, in hopes that one day there'll be competition again, and, I'm getting a workable little football game for the investment.

Not great...but better then what I've seen from previous versions.

Not necessarily recommending, especially to those used to EA level graphics and animations, who can't look past those things. Believe me, I understand that.

She's not the prettiest girl at the dance, and doesn't even put out nearly as well, but I can tell she wants to be there and is trying to make me happy, and I appreciate that.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

This is the first game I ever got a refund for from Microsoft back when it first came out. It was that disappointing. I knew ahead of time it was no NCAA Football, but still.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Murph wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:20 am
This is the first game I ever got a refund for from Microsoft back when it first came out. It was that disappointing. I knew ahead of time it was no NCAA Football, but still.
The 2020 version?

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I purchased the new version. I’ll use it for more of a sim for college or maybe the CFL. I’ll get $30 out of it for sure and the game ain’t bad watching CPU games via the broadcast cam. This version is light years better than the last two and the community is growing for sure. Lots of people excited for this game so that’s a good thing. It’s like one or two guys programming this game so that’s what you should expect. I was happy to buy the game and support these guys.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Teal wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:25 am
Murph wrote:
The 2020 version?
Whichever the first one was. I remember I was so excited because people from NCAA Football were working on this.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Murph wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:49 am
Teal wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:25 am
Murph wrote:
The 2020 version?
Whichever the first one was. I remember I was so excited because people from NCAA Football were working on this.
Yeah, I remember reading all the things about how rough the game was. This one IS improved, but it's still a long way from being a competitor. Still, it's better than paying 200 bucks for a copy of NCAA 14...LOL

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I was interested in this last year but read they had no online share. Meaning that if you wanted to have logos/uniforms for all the real NCAA teams, you would have to create it yourself and not on a community.

Is that the same w/ this year? or are they allowing the community to share files?

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Nah, still no online share that I see.