The Division 2

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Division 2

Post by TCrouch »

Welcome, guys. Hope they help. One other one I forgot--you get your first two skill points quickly, but don't get any others for some time. So make sure the first 2 skills you pick are ones you really want.

Also, you can't change your appearance until level 15, so don't bother looking for a "mirror" or anything in the White House like there used to be down in the underground in the Post Office of D1.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

So the consensus is the retail version of The Division 2 -- the sequel to my favorite video game of ALL F*CKING TIME -- is amazeballs?

Could I be any more erect? Just went to Best Buy to pick up my preordered disc. Installing now. Probably will be on late night tonight, after my gig.

:D :D :D
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Yes, the game is deep and immersive. Got to level 4 before I had to pick up the kids but there was always that ‘I wanna go finish the mission first’ feeling.

Playing co-op is so much fun.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Look for a mirror? 8O

Bunch of Joy Boys :twisted: .

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

"Perk points are readily available (SHD Tech Caches), as you will have a dozen of them in a single hour or two of play if you're just running around collecting them."

This is where I spent nearly all of my time in BETA 2 and started off again last night.

I'm a slow solo player (as I tend to explore and do as much as I can in a zone before moving on) but I'd love to team up with people soon.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

I played for about 6 hours straight last night. Really like it so far. I didn’t notice me marking bad guys with my reticle though. Will have to try again next time. I found a pretty helpful YouTube video with some more pointers as well. See below. Haven’t played coop yet but invite anytime you see me on.

https://youtu.be/h-T0tobAA0o

[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Played both betas, but the final is even better than those. Gunplay is tighter, louder, and punchier. I love how damned alive the game feels compared to the first. I think it's because the NPC fighters will actually fight and make a difference. The soldiers in the first one were little more than helpless place holders. The intensity has been dialed up, and this thing is just polished as hell. Very impressed.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

I was intrigued, but...
Sorry , can't get over how long it takes to get a kill. 500 bullets to put some one down, ok.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Jimmydeicide wrote:I was intrigued, but...
Sorry , can't get over how long it takes to get a kill. 500 bullets to put some one down, ok.
What?

Elephants, Grizzly bears, and Tyrannosaurus Rex do NOT go down with a single bullet.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Not when they are wearing an armoured Parker with racoon fur lined hoody.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Nothing takes that long. Not even "yellow bar" bosses with 6 armor segments.

If you're spraying 500 bullets into them and they don't go down, I'd either look at the weapon you're using (low accuracy? Spraying all over so 1 of 5 bullets hits?) or what you're shooting at (specific limbs, which armor part you're shooting), Jimmy. It's not like Division 1 where you have to burn through all of the armor segments to get the health pool to drop. At first, I thought that's what it was, and it felt really "spongey" like you describe.

However, when you target a SPECIFIC armor part, you can usually take that apart with a clip. Then the second clip when you shoot the exact same part does damage directly to the health pool. I've never seen anything take 500 rounds, as long as you focus fire on a single armor part, and then when it breaks, funnel your other ammo into the same location.

Chest armor takes longer than shoulder armor, so I can usually burn a guy down just blowing shoulder armor off, then tearing through his exposed arm in a few seconds, even if it's a big boss guy (I haven't run into end-game bosses yet, though).

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Jimmydeicide wrote:I was intrigued, but...
You got the game? Wow, I thought you would watch Netflix instead. :roll: Let's do some killing then...

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

The video has some great tips as well.

Anybody have suggestions for a primary and secondary gun? My first few were good but now that I'm up around level 6 I just don't have a main gun that I like.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The game is so bad ass. Teal and myself played for about two hours earlier tonight and had a ball. The gun play is just awesome. Just kept walking around the city randomly taking on whatever came upon us. I’m up to a level 8 and can’t wait for more. This game is delivering big time.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Sudz wrote:The video has some great tips as well.

Anybody have suggestions for a primary and secondary gun? My first few were good but now that I'm up around level 6 I just don't have a main gun that I like.
Tough to really make recommendations with this, as everybody's play style is different, but my go-to combo is a Mk17 rifle and an M60 LMG.

The Mk17 is highly accurate, does great damage, and can fire off a ton of shots in semi-auto without a lot of recoil. When stuff gets hairy, I pull out the 100-round M60 and just mow down guys who rush me.

Really, you'll hit lulls where your weapons suck or the "best" weapon stat-wise is worse than one many levels below it. It's a constant feeling out process, which is why the game is so amazing. They give you MUCH more info now, as well. When you look at the weapon stats, it will give you the breakdown of effective range, how much the damage drops between 0 and 100 meters, etc. You'll find that a 'better' weapon with higher per-round damage, better RPM, and better stability is somehow 25% less accurate, and loses a ton of damage past 25 meters, for example, as compared to a lower weapon that you're using. You'll find your time to kill is much better with a 'lesser' weapon, because all of the rounds hit. I know, it's not rocket science...100% of your shots that don't hit will do no damage.

But I find my guns constantly shifting from hour to hour. If I had my CHOICE, though, it would be the Mk17 and the M60, with a close second being the Mk16 (assault rifle variant of the Mk17, I'm guessing), as it doesn't have much recoil, and is highly accurate in longer-range scenarios. I guess I just love "M" guns :lol:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I reached level 8 tonight as well and as all of you, I am having a blast. Weapons’ choice is so personal, I found a Classic M1A specialized rifle at level 5, and it’s been my go to weapon so far. It has a mag of only 10 so you better be accurate and have quick hands, rpm is average but it can install some serious damage.

Also be aware that what works for you today, maybe be obsolete on your next and higher mission as the challenges get more difficult.

I would rather concentrate on your skills perks and pick the ones that help you rank up on your XP’s.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I don't know what level I'm on, and I've yet to decide on a favorite gun. But I sure as hell wish I didn't have to work today so I could play this game all damn day. Incredible.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Second for the Mk 17 as my primary weapon. Right now with my coop guy at level 8 (or 9) and my solo at level 4 the MK 17 is my weapon of choice. I drop guys quicker with it then using weapons that have twice the damage rating.

For secondary I switch it up. I keep an LMG, an M1 with a scope, shotgun and SMG and change based on the situation I'm going into.

In coop an LMG is almost required in a group. A guy with an LMG can suppress the enemy while the team flanks them. Terry and I have used this tactic numerous times. Then if the enemy is stupid enough to break cover he gets torn up fast. Works well on the yellow guys.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

I am super intrigued, but I tried to get into D1 and just couldn't. It wasn't the gunplay or TTK or anything like that - it was the overly confusing interface and options. I could never even figure out how to invite the friends that were in a session with me to a specific mission. All I wanted to do was to do missions with my buddies. But none of us could seem to all go after the same objective together...?!
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Not really sure what to say to that Spooky, really had no trouble grouping ever. You just join or invite from in game. Whomever is the group lead you're on their story path.

In D2. what I heard is lets say I'm lead and we do a bunch of side missions you don't even have yet. When they show up for you, that you get credit for them which is cool but I haven't experienced that yet.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah, I don't know about that one. When playing with friends, I always feel like I'm just this non-stop, running-at-the-mouth encyclopedia for the game's systems and whatnot. I'm a bit neurotic about it (because it feels like I can just go on and on about system after system until it just becomes white noise to anybody listening), but Paul, Jason and I were just talking about this yesterday.

If you understand the systems, everything is (naturally) easier, because it's more familiar. They didn't completely overhaul D1's systems--in most cases, but they did change how the information is presented to you. The game gets so deep that it can be exhilarating just wading through the various systems to find that "better" point/weapon/style to use. But D1 was much worse at parsing that data in front of you. It was tougher to know what did what, and D2 is much easier to review and understand.

However...if you tried and never could get into D1, I am not sure I'd be able to recommend it to somebody. Inviting somebody to a mission usually isn't complicated (you all just literally run to the spot and everybody is in the mission, so I'm not sure what could have happened there). You can fast-travel to any other team member as long as you're in the same squad, so there's really no barrier to entry that should prevent friends from playing together. However, whoever is the group leader IS the one with "mission control", so to speak, so the the person who has done the fewest story missions is generally who you want to be group leader, as Dan mentioned.

That being said, if you do get it, I can always explain just about anything you want to know on the way, and I know there are a few others on the board who could do the same. It would be a travesty to miss this game simply because of the convoluted menus and complicated systems, IMO.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Spooky wrote:I am super intrigued, but I tried to get into D1 and just couldn't. It wasn't the gunplay or TTK or anything like that - it was the overly confusing interface and options. I could never even figure out how to invite the friends that were in a session with me to a specific mission. All I wanted to do was to do missions with my buddies. But none of us could seem to all go after the same objective together...?!
CRUCIAL question: Did you try D1 and not get into it before or after the huge, game-changing patch? If so, then Terry is right: D2 may not be for you. But if you tried D1 within six months of launch, then you pretty much played a different, and far lesser, game than the post-patch version.

But, yeah, the menus were pretty much the same pre- and post-patch. Still, you can figure it out easily with some help from your pals here at DSP.

Spook, I know how you love shooters and Clancy shooters such as Ghost Recon. All of us Division Devotees would love to welcome you to our merry band of brothers and walk you through everything, as this game is just too damn GOOD to miss. Teal and Terry played with me yesterday and led me to rank up, as I was busy for a lot of the weekend. As Teal said, when a game is this good, you don't mind playing missions again. Plus you still get loot even for replayed missions.

Teal and I did the same for Bill and Terry in D1, helped them level up quickly and showed them the ropes. So much damn fun.

I'm not an RPG guy, so qualify this next statement with that fact. But D1 and D2 are the most immersive, convincing gaming worlds I've ever entered in 35-plus years of this hobby. Combine that with fantastic ballistics, a convincing-enough story, great graphics and a well-designed loot system, and this franchise is an all-time great.
Last edited by pk500 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

pk500 wrote:CRUCIAL question: Did you try D1 and not get into it before or after the huge, game-changing patch? If so, then Terry is right: D2 may not be for you. But if you tried D1 within six months of launch, then you pretty much played a different, and far lesser, game than the post-patch version.
Could also be who you play with. I mean, if 4 friends all try to play and nobody knows what's going on, that could be a sh*t-show, no matter when you tried to get into Division 1. The game is built for co-op, and without knowing what is going to affect you 15, 20 levels later, it's hard to know what to do when you look at 50 pieces of gear, 15 skill points, and five hundred Ubisoft Map Markers (TM).

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

BTW you f***ers are making me get the XB version. I swear if I get it and we never play I'm seeker mining your asses. :twisted:
Follow Me on:

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

TCrouch wrote:
pk500 wrote:CRUCIAL question: Did you try D1 and not get into it before or after the huge, game-changing patch? If so, then Terry is right: D2 may not be for you. But if you tried D1 within six months of launch, then you pretty much played a different, and far lesser, game than the post-patch version.
Could also be who you play with. I mean, if 4 friends all try to play and nobody knows what's going on, that could be a sh*t-show, no matter when you tried to get into Division 1. The game is built for co-op, and without knowing what is going to affect you 15, 20 levels later, it's hard to know what to do when you look at 50 pieces of gear, 15 skill points, and five hundred Ubisoft Map Markers (TM).
Yep - that was us. We had just finished GR: Wildlands and were looking for the next 4-player co-op to scratch our itch. D1 looked like the perfect game. So it was a combo of us not knowing what the hell we were doing combined with the fact that it worked SO differently than GR:W - where joining a mission together and getting somewhere on the map togetehr was a breeze.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco