The Division 2

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Division 2

Post by Diablo25 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Do we have a clan? what time do you guys play? is there a specific day?

Still think guys take to many shots to kill. Every time i watch a video its insane.
Yes there is a clan but you have to complete missions, etc. to open it up. My MK17 shreds enemies.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I just reached level 20. And man do the missions get insanely difficult when you don’t have all four men coveting your bases. Depending on your style of play again, but I am finding that a sniper rifle is almost a must at this stage. Even the enemies’ gadgets can get you easily killed.

Control points, side missions, everything gets just crazier. Luv it. :twisted:

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

So - can you guys explain to me how the game continues to be immersive/fun once you reach the level 30 cap? Are there still now missions to do at that point? When is the campaign aspect considered "finished"?

I'm not worried of getting there too quickly or anything but I have heard a few people mention things like "oh the game really gets good when you get to level 30 kind of comments. I guess I just figured it would be kind of over at that point...?
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Spooky wrote:So - can you guys explain to me how the game continues to be immersive/fun once you reach the level 30 cap? Are there still now missions to do at that point? When is the campaign aspect considered "finished"?

I'm not worried of getting there too quickly or anything but I have heard a few people mention things like "oh the game really gets good when you get to level 30 kind of comments. I guess I just figured it would be kind of over at that point...?
I can't speak for D2, as I'm only a Level 15. But in D1, more cool missions opened, more potent gear was available, you became eligible for the excellent DLC and faced even more challenge in the regular areas and Dark Zone that "regular" missions.

I put more hours into D1 than any game I've owned -- ever. And I never felt like I "finished" it. Hell, I still own it and plan to return to New York to keep fighting when I need a change of pace.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

An entire new faction rolls in and replaces everybody else (The Black Tusk). New tactics, new tools, new enemy types that you fight against. You get the same missions, but "invasion" modes, I think they call it, where the spawns and mission structure changes. You then have goals to perform a set number of steps to get to world tier 2, then 3, then 4. 5 is currently locked.

And, the biggest part...you choose a specialization (Marksman, Survivalist, Demolitionist), which comes with a whole new weapon. Grenade Launcher, Crossbow, and .50 cal Sniper Rifle. Changes the entire game, as you now have a 3rd weapon and an entirely new skill tree to level up (each specialization has its own skill tree that you level up separately).

None of this is present until level 30, which is why people say it changes everything.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Rad. Thanks guys.

Do you guys play or care about "Dark Zone"? I recall it being semi polarizing in the first game,,,

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Spooky wrote:Rad. Thanks guys.

Do you guys play or care about "Dark Zone"? I recall it being semi polarizing in the first game,,,
LOVE the Dark Zone. Cool missions, insanely good loot and the gripping tension of whether a random will cooperate with you or go rogue on you.

The DZ was frustrating in D1 before you reached Level 30 because you often didn't have enough firepower to compete. But Teal and I kicked ass in the DZ, extracting a lot of nice loot, once we got to Level 30. We didn't play it all the time because there still were so many cool non-DZ missions and DLC missions to complete. But the DZ was very fun and rewarding once you reached Level 30 in D1.

P.S.: Sorry I ignored your D2 game invite last night. I had just started a race in F1 2018 when you invited me and wanted to see it through to the checkered flag. We'll play again soon! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

pk500 wrote:
Spooky wrote:Rad. Thanks guys.

LOVE the Dark Zone. Cool missions, insanely good loot and the gripping tension of whether a random will cooperate with you or go rogue on you.

The DZ was frustrating in D1 before you reached Level 30 because you often didn't have enough firepower to compete. But Teal and I kicked ass in the DZ, extracting a lot of nice loot, once we got to Level 30. We didn't play it all the time because there still were so many cool non-DZ missions and DLC missions to complete. But the DZ was very fun and rewarding once you reached Level 30 in D1.

P.S.: Sorry I ignored your D2 game invite last night. I had just started a race in F1 2018 when you invited me and wanted to see it through to the checkered flag. We'll play again soon! :)
Makes sense on the DZ stuff. I think what I remember hearing was how difficult it was when you couldn't compete at the lower levels.

Hopefully I didn't send you a ton of invites. None of them looked like they were going through. No confirmation of any sort. I was doing a mission with Soupa and we needed help! But we eventually made it through (3 hours later - lol)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Spooky wrote:Hopefully I didn't send you a ton of invites. None of them looked like they were going through. No confirmation of any sort. I was doing a mission with Soupa and we needed help! But we eventually made it through (3 hours later - lol)
Yeah, there were about seven or eight. But no worries -- I was fighting for a podium finish in Australia, so I tuned out the requests easily. :)

Those two randoms we played with the other night were cool as hell. Thanks for connecting me to them. They're on my Friends list now!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Crack shooter looter

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Haven’t been on D2 for a few days. Was out misbehaving last night and was playing The Show the other nights. Looking to get back into the fight!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Just fired it up and it won't start. Says I don't have free space for the update, but I have over 100gb free. I've cancelled and retried multiple times but no luck. It downloaded a Hitman update as normal, though. Any idea what's going on?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fletcher21 wrote:Just fired it up and it won't start. Says I don't have free space for the update, but I have over 100gb free. I've cancelled and retried multiple times but no luck. It downloaded a Hitman update as normal, though. Any idea what's going on?
You've got some really good weed? :) :) :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:Haven’t been on D2 for a few days. Was out misbehaving last night and was playing The Show the other nights. Looking to get back into the fight!
I’ve been playing it non stop for the past three nights. Reached level 30 tonight with the help of ‘Truth’ a couple of nights ago, I want his crossbow badly. :twisted:

Look forward to try some DZ missions. Game is damn addictive, you always want a better weapon, better armor, better gloves.

Fun DSP foursome tonight.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Have fun with the Mk17 now...because on Friday, it's getting nerfed pretty good. Lightweight M4 is getting buffed, though, so looks like they're trying to rebalance weapons. Pretty much everybody knows the Mk17 is overpowered, so it was only a matter of time before it got its damage output lowered.

They're redoing the skill power scaling so that those skill mods can actually be used, as well as changing functionality to skills like the sniper turret and chem launcher.

Massive really is doing a great job at addressing criticism with swift, decisive action in this one. Very impressed, even if it means my favorite gun (simply because it was so powerful compared to everything else) is getting the nerf bat.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

One of my dislikes was how the weapon mods all have negative traits. Was glad to read they will be changing that.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Pete1210 wrote:One of my dislikes was how the weapon mods all have negative traits. Was glad to read they will be changing that.
I like that a lot too but damn I will miss the MK 17. Im so bad at this game that I doubt I solo last nights story mission with my other weapons. At least not without dying 5 plus maybe plus plus times.

Whats next best weapon? Ive been using police M4 between MK17s. With the Blueprint its always the right lvl.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Tough to say, but I'll know more on Friday. Currently, the SIGS COC (or whatever it's called) was my second favorite rifle--but they're buffing the Lightweight M4, so I'll definitely find one of those and test it after Friday.

a Semi-Auto rifle with a 5.56 mag...so it has 60 rounds per clip? If the damage is brought up to be in line with other rifles, that might be my winner. Not having to reload for 60 shots with a rifle would be awesome.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

I’ve really been enjoying the auto rifles, particularly the MK16. Mod it out to almost max stability with a 61-72 round mag combined with the berserk talent when possible.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Reached Tier 1 tonight as I finally got my grenade launcher. The game just gets better and better. Personally, I’ve been using the P416 G3 with a mag of 30 as my main weapon and like Truth mentioned, the tactical MK16 is one of my favorites too.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Can you guys explain the Dark Zone to me a bit more? (both D1 and D2)

I mean - I get it's fundamentals I think...

- PvE & PvP

- Different (better) loot

- Loot needs to be extracted to be used outside of the DZ

- Dropped loot is fair game

Is that it really?

Some of the tool tips mention that you can go "Rouge". What is that? How do I deactivate that?

If I venture into the DZ am I always fair game against other, more powerful online players?

Can you play it co-op?

Is it a total waste of time until I am level 30?

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

How important is crafting? Not only do I not like things like that, I don’t understand it. I have the normal guns that drop, plus my own mods. Everyone I play with (I’m level 20) has guns that are crazy colors and so probably 5x the damage mine does. I’m wondering if I should start over. I feel like doin the side missions is impossible since you can’t match make for them like you can for main missions. I constantly end up dying and having to walk my way all the way back.

My main issue is can you be successful in this game If you never craft anything?

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Crafting is not needed at all. I think I crafted 2 mods that I barely used on my way to level 30. Even after 30 you don't have to craft much if you don't want.

The colored patterns (skins) on the guns do not effect their stats, only their look.

There is an option to call for help when you die and before you respawn on a side mission. (Y button on xbox I think) I have had randoms come in and help me finish a few side missions.

Spooky wrote:Can you guys explain the Dark Zone to me a bit more? (both D1 and D2)

I mean - I get it's fundamentals I think...
- PvE & PvP
- Different (better) loot
- Loot needs to be extracted to be used outside of the DZ
- Dropped loot is fair game
Is that it really?

Some of the tool tips mention that you can go "Rouge". What is that? How do I deactivate that?
If I venture into the DZ am I always fair game against other, more powerful online players?
Can you play it co-op?

Is it a total waste of time until I am level 30?
That's about it. You can go in DZ your 2-4 co-op team and battle AI together, but there will be other human players who may or may not attack you. In the last game they were usually geared up for success and we'd get wiped. If you attack other humans that's how you go Rogue. Not sure how it deactivates. I have not done any DZ in this one. I was waiting till 30.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I never crafted anything in The Division, Fletch. All of the crafted stuff was inferior to gear I earned or looted.

Crafted gear is better in D2, especially gun attachments. I have crafted quite a bit of nice stuff in D2. Just gives you more options and a better-equipped agent. But it's not essential. Fun, though!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
especially gun attachments
I think it all depends on how good you are cause without the gun attachments Im D E D dead. I need as much extra stability and accuracy that I can bleed out of my weapon.