The Crew 2 beta

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

The Crew 2 beta

Post by Teal »

Had anyone else run this through the paces? It's been kinda-sorta-not really-maybe on my radar, but the beta was open, so...free demo. There are lots of things I like. I like the "whole United States" angle, even if Miami is a helluva lot further from Manhattan then it is here. Lots of space and things to see. The city of Huntsville Alabama, where I lived for two decades, is at least represented. It isn't the least bit to either scale or accurate, but there's a space shuttle on display...lol. I really like the mechanic of switching between land, sea, and air. It's seamless, and entertaining. Each vehicle behaves differently, and most of them arere fun to drive/fly. The one that is a little too elementary and touchy so far is the dirt bike. In cockpit view, though, it's better. The day/night cycle looks really cool from the air, as cities will "glow" from a distance. There's some noticeable but not terrible pop in in places, and I've seen some AI cars disappear and do some weird things, but not often. I even found and drove on Laguna Seca, though they messed up the iconic chicane. What I DON'T care for is the "always online" thing. Sometimes I just want to go offline and play alone, and I hate the idea that, if the internet goes down, I can't play a game. But I'm leaning toward possibly getting it anyway, because it's fun enough. Any other thoughts?
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Crew 2 beta

Post by Teal »

Okay, just me then... Lol

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

HATED the original The Crew. But maybe I'll give the Crew 2 beta a go.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Never played the first one. But I like this one for what it is. The deeper you dig, the better it gets. There are even F1 and touring cars. The controls for most all vehicles are pretty good. The boats and planes are a lot of fun, too. The beta is open; might oughta download it and see what u think. Especially since you played the first one.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah, I'm marginally interested in it. The first one was a slog IMO, so TC2 will be one of those "when it's on sale or I'm really, really bored" type of games :lol:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Not impressed with beta. Just doesn’t hold a candle to Forza Horizon. I really wanted to like but there is too many issues with the game. It could eventually turn out to be good if they support this game like they did with the first version.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

The full game is free to play for a few days. I'm probably gonna buy the thing, honestly. I like the different disciplines, and the "whole US" layout, and am actually having more fun with this than Forza H4. And it's under 20 bucks for the time it's free to play. It has its frustrations, but I tire of racing games rather fast. Not this one.