NHL 19

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NHL 19

Post by 10spro »

I think 19 is definitely a step in the right direction with RPM. Players move more realistically and pivots are done sharply. I don’t care if the opponent or US parade to the box as everyone simply has to learn positional hockey better while stopping the spam poke button.

If we can stop some of the BS slap shots that go straight in the net and have better goaltending, we’ll have a good time.

Lace them up...

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Couldn’t stay up late last night...had an early work day. We shall play soon!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:Couldn’t stay up late last night...had an early work day. We shall play soon!
We are playing tonight.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Game is better than I expected offline. It feels more like hockey than in year's past. I think the new skating RPM makes a world of difference. Also, the A.I. is a bit more intelligent when it comes to attacking. And finally, I'm very happy to see my defensemen stepping up and actually helping out.

That said, the presentation has grown stale. It definitely needs a refresh.

Good game that I'll most likely pick up when on sale.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

NHL is back boys...very impressed with what i've seen so far. When i play the CPU, I feel like i'm playing an opponent and not just some robot. This is the best NHL game in many years and more importantly...what a blast playing with the Legendary teams.
Blues all time leading scorer Bernie Federko in a video hockey game...never thought i'd see that.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Here's my biggest question for you cats: It's been at least a decade since the human defensive AI has been even close to smart when the puck is in the human player's defensive zone in offline play. The CPU always is a step faster and gets to rebounds and loose pucks far quicker than the human AI players. Plus the human AI players always leave CPU skaters alone in the high and low slot for easy passes and cheap rebound shots.

Has this been fixed this year? If not, then I have zero interest in this game because it's not a simulation of hockey.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

pk500 wrote:Here's my biggest question for you cats: It's been at least a decade since the human defensive AI has been even close to smart when the puck is in the human player's defensive zone in offline play. The CPU always is a step faster and gets to rebounds and loose pucks far quicker than the human AI players. Plus the human AI players always leave CPU skaters alone in the high and low slot for easy passes and cheap rebound shots.

Has this been fixed this year? If not, then I have zero interest in this game because it's not a simulation of hockey.
I can't answer that....i've only played two games. In the two games I played, I never felt that i was getting cheated though. I don't need a true sim anymore though either. I just want great game play and off the charts fun factor and two games in it tells me it has that. I'd play a game of NHL 17 or 18 and would be bored.....didn't get that feeling last night with NHL 19.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

pk500 wrote:Here's my biggest question for you cats: It's been at least a decade since the human defensive AI has been even close to smart when the puck is in the human player's defensive zone in offline play. The CPU always is a step faster and gets to rebounds and loose pucks far quicker than the human AI players. Plus the human AI players always leave CPU skaters alone in the high and low slot for easy passes and cheap rebound shots.

This is the first NHL game I can recall in which my A.I. team mates actually make defensive stops, or at the very least try and slow down the CPU. Before I kept having to switch quickly to try and get in position to stop a pass or shot. It's not perfect, but I've said to myself a few times "did my team mate really help me out...wow".

More than the skating, I think the hitting or being in the right position to stop momentum or brush against the CPU with the puck really feels strategic.

I'm also seeing a little more unpredictable skating by the CPU. They'll maneuver such that they'll avoid a big hit. And along the same line, the big hit when you cross the blue line with the puck is mostly gone. You can dump and chase or be more creative because of the new skating. I notice skating improvements in NHL 19 moreso than the RPM in Madden.

The game itself is very up and down but feels like today's kind of hockey, which is fast!

Is it for you? Can't say for sure. I don't really know if there's that much difference between how the different teams play. That's always been a pet peeve of mine and yours. But, I will say there's enough new game play subtleties that the overall experience is more enjoyable.

Play the EA Access trial before you make a decision to purchase.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Let me into the Dragons.. Vibrantorange.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Sudz wrote:Let me into the Dragons.. Vibrantorange.
You have been on since last night.

We are not hard to find. We play every friday and saturday night after 11 pm eastern.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:

We are not hard to find. We play every friday and saturday night after 11 pm eastern.
Where?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
XXXIV wrote:

Where?
:lol: :lol:

Somewhere over the rainbow

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

FYI...do not download that gameplay update. It ruins the game at least for me. I'm deleting and reinstalling and I'm going to avoid that update. Game played amazing before the update and now we are back to NHL 17 and 18.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I actually sent an invite to he Dragons. It might have been the fun The One is in NBALive, but I started messing around with Chel and it was a lot of fun. Hopefully I can join in for some games.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL