TheHunter: Call of the Wild

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: TheHunter: Call of the Wild

Post by pk500 »

This game was released in 2017, but I didn't play it until this year. And Teal and I agreed the other night, go ahead and engrave the plaque in August for my Game of the Year 2018 with TheHunter: Call of the Wild.

I can't imagine any other game released this year that entertains and surprises me like this one. One of the best, most immersive games I've ever played, created by developers with an incredible attention to all details.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:This game was released in 2017, but I didn't play it until this year. And Teal and I agreed the other night, go ahead and engrave the plaque in August for my Game of the Year 2018 with TheHunter: Call of the Wild.

I can't imagine any other game released this year that entertains and surprises me like this one. One of the best, most immersive games I've ever played, created by developers with an incredible attention to all details.
Fun as hell. Just simply a great game.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Co-signed on the love. Fantastic game.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

New hunting area coming soon! Africa: http://callofthewild.thehunter.com/en/2 ... ve-reveal/

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Bunch of Rednecks. Invent a new Deer whistle and go on outdoor network.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Bunch of Rednecks. Invent a new Deer whistle and go on outdoor network.
Don't you have some cricket or crumpets or whatever to concern yourself with??? :D

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

GAME OF MY YEAR, 2018.

Engrave the plaque now. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

This is 50% off on the PC (Steam) this week. Looks boring as f*** to me but for those who want it cheap it is available.

Forgot to put the price $14.99
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:This is 50% off on the PC (Steam) this week. Looks boring as f*** to me but for those who want it cheap it is available.

Forgot to put the price $14.99
I thought the same thing Dan but it’s far from that. I have never hunted but this game just hits the sweet spot. Its both relaxing and intense at the same time. Tracking a trophy buck, moose, etc. is way more fun than I imagined. Plus, when you actually get a silver/gold/diamond kill its exhilarating. Those who have the Gamer Pass are crazy to not at least give this game a few hours.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote:I thought the same thing Dan but it’s far from that. I have never hunted but this game just hits the sweet spot. Its both relaxing and intense at the same time. Tracking a trophy buck, moose, etc. is way more fun than I imagined. Plus, when you actually get a silver/gold/diamond kill its exhilarating. Those who have the Gamer Pass are crazy to not at least give this game a few hours.
If I had Game Pass i would try it but currently with Origin Premier Access on the PC, EA Access on the Xbox, signing up for another service is not that enticing.

I read some impressions on this thread and idk tracking something for 2 hours real time and missing out on a kill might make me break something. $15 is real tempting though...
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Danimal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:I thought the same thing Dan but it’s far from that. I have never hunted but this game just hits the sweet spot. Its both relaxing and intense at the same time. Tracking a trophy buck, moose, etc. is way more fun than I imagined. Plus, when you actually get a silver/gold/diamond kill its exhilarating. Those who have the Gamer Pass are crazy to not at least give this game a few hours.
If I had Game Pass i would try it but currently with Origin Premier Access on the PC, EA Access on the Xbox, signing up for another service is not that enticing.

I read some impressions on this thread and idk tracking something for 2 hours real time and missing out on a kill might make me break something. $15 is real tempting though...
I remember back when I thought NASCAR was boring because "all they do is drive in a circle for three hours"...lol. Then I went to Talladega. I'm a southerner to the bone, and hunting is in our DNA. But it took the evangelism of a NEW YORKER to convince me to try this game. I didn't talk PK into it...he talked ME into it...lol. I can spend hours just WALKING in this game, and be fine. It's that beautiful and immersive. There are sheds (antlers) to find, historical markers to explore, hidden caves, you can get on your ATV and explore...and, you can hunt. I would love this game if it had no online MP. I love it that much more because it does. I'm not guaranteeing that you'll love it, but I am guaranteeing that you'll have your perception changed at least a bit by firing it up. It really is that good. And it's fun seeing two very non-hunters get possessed by buck fever...lol

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm strongly considering it, are they adding other environments? I saw you mention an African hunt. Would be cool if it had fishing as well. :D
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Danimal wrote:I'm strongly considering it, are they adding other environments? I saw you mention an African hunt. Would be cool if it had fishing as well. :D
Yeah, the Africa map is coming within a month, and they've begun adding bird hunting (geese only at this point, but I believe Turkey will be coming soon, too). Some of the animals, like bears and bison, will charge you if you only wound them. That crap gets intense...lol. They have said that they have a long term strategy with the game. They listen to the community and implement what they can.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Click the link to see the bear I took down. Thankfully he dropped before he got to me!

https://gameclipscontent-d2015.xboxlive ... 042a26f20c
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Canceled my Xbox Game pass and bought the steam version. Just don't need gamepass with all the other services available.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Canceled my Xbox Game pass and bought the steam version. Just don't need gamepass with all the other services available.
I'm just about there with you. The Hunter and PES 2018 are the only GamePass games I'm playing regularly. FIFA 19 is out in five weeks, and I will buy The Hunter soon for Xbox to ensure I will keep it if it ever disappears from GamePass.

None of the current Microsoft exclusives interest me, and I should be able to get a free copy of Forza Horizon 4 through work.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

TheHunter is a great game, but I had to bail. I'm just not disciplined enough to play it (though I'm likely to go back to it now and then for a change of pace). DOOM just dropped for game pass and is now melting my brain. What a rush (and the exact opposite of the theHunter's pacing!). Highly recommend.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Anyone pick up the African Vurhonga Savanna DLC for Call of the Wild?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/thehu ... verviewtab

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

DChaps wrote:Anyone pick up the African Vurhonga Savanna DLC for Call of the Wild?

Oh, hell, yes -- Day One purchase two weeks ago for Bill, Teal and me, theHunter pimps of DSP. :)

Gorgeous map. Interesting animals. Cool new weapons. But the animals are fickle and tough as hell. Still fun as hell to play and hunt.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
DChaps wrote:Anyone pick up the African Vurhonga Savanna DLC for Call of the Wild?

Oh, hell, yes -- Day One purchase two weeks ago for Bill, Teal and me, theHunter pimps of DSP. :)

Gorgeous map. Interesting animals. Cool new weapons. But the animals are fickle and tough as hell. Still fun as hell to play and hunt.
Beautiful, Tough map.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Great map. Great atmosphere. Animals are skittish as hell. And can see you coming a mile away due to the flat terrain. Very challenging.