Mario Tennis Aces

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Mario Tennis Aces

Post by Rodster »

So far all of the reviews i've read gives this game around a 7/10. The reviews say it's both fun and challenging but the single player modes are on the short side about 6 hours. The IGN review states MP games forces a split screen even if you are playing online. Doesn't seem like a $60 purchase, will wait for the $20-30 price drop.

Edit:

OK maybe I read it wrong, split screen is for local multiplayer and NOT online.
From the IGN review: http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/20/ ... ces-review

"Multiplayer has a considerably longer lifespan by comparison but it, too, is not without its quirks. For starters, most same-screen multiplayer matches have a mandatory vertical split-screen. Presumably, this is to make it less disorientating for the human players on the far side of the court when the perspective switches to first-person for a zone or special shot, but it results in a fairly narrow field of view, particularly for doubles matches. I would have at least appreciated the option of disabling it."
Last edited by Rodster on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Mario Tennis Aces

Post by Aristo »

Why would a tennis game ever need split screen?
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Mario Tennis Aces

Post by wco81 »

The demo I tried didn't have a split screen but it has all these trick shots that you have to use in order to be competitive.

Apparently the full game will have a mode without those special shots so it will be a more straightforward game, supposedly.