E3 2018

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

E3 2018

Post by vader29 »

EA Play presser on Mixer now, didn’t see NHL in their opening video montage of upcoming games.

EA announces Origin Access Premier subscription for PC games. Madden 19 coming to PC. New Star Wars game Jedi: Fallen Order from Respawn announced for holiday 2019, takes place between episodes 3 and 4. Clone Wars content coming to Battlefront 2 in the coming months with new heroes General Grievous, Obi Wan, Count Dooku and Anakin Skywalker.

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: E3 2018

Post by Diablo25 »

Microsoft presser today at 4PM EST.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The only EA game I am quite curious to try out is Anthem which comes out in 19. Sports wise it’s a given that I will get FIFA, NHL and Madden. Given the mess they did with BF2, I’ll see how the new Star Wars game pans out.

Here’s hoping that HB studios hits a homer with the new Golf Club.

Look forward to seeing more footage from RDR2 too, from Ubisoft ‘The Division 2’...

From Sony, I really hope we can hear some news on ‘Last of Us 2’, the game I look most forward to.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Diablo25 wrote:Microsoft presser today at 4PM EST.
It seems like a lot of insiders are hinting that this will be a pretty epic conference. Phil spencer is clapping 15 world premieres. Obviously, the majority of those will be third party, but they seem to have a lot going on.

I'm really hoping for word on a new Elite Controller, as I busted mine a few weeks ago when I dropped it just right, and now one of the sticks is jammed and won't move. Been waiting to see waiting new one is going to be, as it seems like stick of the originals is dropping and rumors have been going around about an upgrade. Worst case, once they officially announce a new one, it should be easier to find the original cheap.

I'm also wondering what they have in store for GamePAss, as something seems to be up with it. Crackdown's delay has me waiting to try it out. But at this point, if there are two MS exclusive games I will buy day one, that pays for a year of Gamepass. And I watched a stream of Sea of Thieves the other night, and Think I want to jump in on that. Looks fun.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

"Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice".

Eurogamer says it reminds them of Bloodbourne, oh yeah !

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... -die-twice

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

So far, Division 2 has been my only WOW moment.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Forza Horizon 4 looks amazing 8)

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Missed that one.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Was going to post that no Cyberpunk 2077 = disappoint, but they pulled that final reveal off expertly in my opinion. Would like to see some gameplay, but probably will be behind closed doors at the conference.

Overall, I think it was a great conference. Gears, Forza, Division 2, Halo, and several others looked great too me.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Just saw Forza horizon 4. Holy cow.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Pretty good presser IMO. The “WOW” moment for me was The Division 2. It looks badass. FH4 looked super also.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I bet FH4 is running on the X, bummer I don't need another XONE.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I wanted to hate Forza Horizon 4, as I haven't liked the overly arcade handling of FH 2 and FH 3. Hell, the brake pedal was optional in FH 3, which was Microsoft's prettier version of Need For Speed.

But FH 4 grabbed me the second I saw the English countryside. Damn you, Microsoft! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

GameSeven wrote:Was going to post that no Cyberpunk 2077 = disappoint, but they pulled that final reveal off expertly in my opinion. Would like to see some gameplay, but probably will be behind closed doors at the conference.

CD Projekt Red has blown me away so far. Simply the best . A gamers wet dream the way they do business.

I am hoping they keep it coming.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

GameSeven wrote:Was going to post that no Cyberpunk 2077 = disappoint, but they pulled that final reveal off expertly in my opinion. Would like to see some gameplay, but probably will be behind closed doors at the conference.

Overall, I think it was a great conference. Gears, Forza, Division 2, Halo, and several others looked great too me.
Agree 100% What's funny is I watched the recording and every once in a while red lines would streak across a video and I was thinking my monitor was acting up but they must of been for the Cyberpunk reveal later.

Also Bethesda had one as well.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Also have to say that the EA Origins Premier for $100 a year is a f***in steal for PC gamers. I was planning on getting Madden, Anthem and maybe BF5 that's a $180 right there and then I get 100+ other games.

That pricing seems too good to be true
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

A chat with Phil Spencer about next gen Xbox consoles

"The same team that delivered unprecedented performance with Xbox One X is deep into architecting the next Xbox consoles, where we will once again deliver on our commitment to set the benchmark for console gaming."

While confirmation that Microsoft is working on a new set of Xbox consoles (note the plural) wasn't particularly surprising, hearing it come from Phil Spencer's mouth on-stage at this year's E3 was. Why do it now? That's what I asked Spencer during an interview that took place just a few hours after Microsoft's media briefing. Spencer said he wanted to make a statement: Microsoft is committed to video game consoles. They're here to stay." But Spencer did tell me that backwards compatibility remains an important selling point for Xbox, so expect that to be a feature of the next Xbox consoles.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... x-consoles

They also bought five game studios, Ninja Theory and the Forza Horizon developer are two of the five.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Rodster wrote:A chat with Phil Spencer about next gen Xbox consoles

"The same team that delivered unprecedented performance with Xbox One X is deep into architecting the next Xbox consoles, where we will once again deliver on our commitment to set the benchmark for console gaming."

While confirmation that Microsoft is working on a new set of Xbox consoles (note the plural) wasn't particularly surprising, hearing it come from Phil Spencer's mouth on-stage at this year's E3 was. Why do it now? That's what I asked Spencer during an interview that took place just a few hours after Microsoft's media briefing. Spencer said he wanted to make a statement: Microsoft is committed to video game consoles. They're here to stay." But Spencer did tell me that backwards compatibility remains an important selling point for Xbox, so expect that to be a feature of the next Xbox consoles.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... x-consoles

They also bought five game studios, Ninja Theory and the Forza Horizon developer are two of the five.
MS is getting killed this console cycle. I'm not sure how much reason there is to move generations with slow technological change right now, but it would explain why Sony is saying no rush and MS wants to the turn the page.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Naples39 wrote:MS is getting killed this console cycle. I'm not sure how much reason there is to move generations with slow technological change right now, but it would explain why Sony is saying no rush and MS wants to the turn the page.
They are and a lot of that was self-inflicted with their decision to base the XONE around the Kinect. That also took resources away from the games that were made for it. Then you add to their decision of having games where you didn't need to insert the disc and requiring logging in every few days.

Sony heard that and went traditional but isn't it funny how all the major players are moving towards full digital? Sony has their subscription service (PS Now), so does Microsoft (Game Pass), so does EA (EA Access/Origin Premier). So Microsoft guessed right as to where the industry is going, they just happened to do it before everyone else was ready.

But onto your point about MS turning the page from the XONE. Remember they were getting killed during the PS2 era and moved on to the X360 which if it weren't for the RROD, they would have probably come out on top or tied with Nintendo, last gen. So yeah they could shake it up again by being first out of the gate and having developers base their games for your machine first. That's what happened with the X360.

In Formula 1 racing that move is called an undercut where you come in before your rivals to gain an advantage.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Naples39 wrote: MS is getting killed this console cycle. I'm not sure how much reason there is to move generations with slow technological change right now, but it would explain why Sony is saying no rush and MS wants to the turn the page.
This is entirely true but what's odd is i can log onto Live any night of the week and find 20+ friends online doing something. Whenever I'm on my Playstation I barely find one person online. Sony played the PR game and won this generation, the industry is now to a point where that will not work any longer. Remember the big push back on being able to sell old games back LOL.

Whatever you think of Microsoft, Spencer has delivered on every area the previous people in charge failed in. I've more faith in them moving forward with him at the helm.
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

The old "Ford vs Chevy" crap has always irritated and annoyed me. I drive what I want, you drive what you want, they drive what they want, enjoy the experience, and no one gets caught up in the banality of the numbers game. Simple, or so it would seem...

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

pk500 wrote:I wanted to hate Forza Horizon 4, as I haven't liked the overly arcade handling of FH 2 and FH 3. Hell, the brake pedal was optional in FH 3, which was Microsoft's prettier version of Need For Speed.

But FH 4 grabbed me the second I saw the English countryside. Damn you, Microsoft! :)
After all the patching was done by Turn 10 for Forza Horizon 3, it was a much different game, and much closer to the feel of FH1. Definitely removed the "no need to brake" that was so prevalent in the demos. Force Feedback improved, handling, feel, etc. Bad thing is by the time a lot of this was done, many people had moved on. With the Blizzard and Hot Wheels Add-Ons, I would say that FH3 has actually become my favorite Horizon. Unfortunately Turn 10 is doing the same thing with FM7. In so many ways it is the best Forza to date, but because of the omissions, unwanted additions (Prize Crates - ugh!) and change of direction(no more class based time attack/rivals) that were at release, by the time its' all been "fixed" it will be time for the next one.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Didn't know that about FH 3, Don. Thanks for tip. Maybe I'll pick it up on the cheap this summer to get warmed up for FH 4.

Then again, maybe I'll just keep hammering for that sub-18 lap in IOM TT, a game I see myself playing for years to come. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Teal wrote:The old "Ford vs Chevy" crap has always irritated and annoyed me. I drive what I want, you drive what you want, they drive what they want, enjoy the experience, and no one gets caught up in the banality of the numbers game. Simple, or so it would seem...
I don't really care, and I haven't gone Sony myself since PS2, but just pointing out the sales are really bad for MS this generation.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Naples39 wrote:
Teal wrote:The old "Ford vs Chevy" crap has always irritated and annoyed me. I drive what I want, you drive what you want, they drive what they want, enjoy the experience, and no one gets caught up in the banality of the numbers game. Simple, or so it would seem...
I don't really care, and I haven't gone Sony myself since PS2, but just pointing out the sales are really bad for MS this generation.
Actually MS sales are not to shabby but not as good as the PS4 and it really has to do with Sony exclusives and a lack of MS exclusives. That's why I did not buy an X1X.

But onto Teal's point and I agree that the Chevy vs Ford stuff is tiring, however it exists and you can blame MS and Sony for stoking the fanboy flames. And it's not only MS and Sony who engages in fanboy flame wars, Apple and Google do the same. Whenever there's big money involved you can count on the big companies getting the fanboys all lathered up. It's what creates brand loyalty.