E3 2018

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: E3 2018

Post by pk500 »

I stick with Microsoft for the reason Dan stated: PSN never has come close to providing the value, reliability and sense of community as Xbox Live.

Gaming has evolved from a solo hobby to largely a communal pursuit for me, thanks to XBL. No way in hell I want to give up that experience.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:I stick with Microsoft for the reason Dan stated: PSN never has come close to providing the value, reliability and sense of community as Xbox Live.

Gaming has evolved from a solo hobby to largely a communal pursuit for me, thanks to XBL. No way in hell I want to give up that experience.
XBL is so much better than PSN performance wise which is where it counts. Hell sometimes you can't even get the PSN Store to work properly when there's a sale or when there's a holiday and too many people are online. That's rarely if ever a problem for XBL.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

My Ford/Chevy alliteration wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, just so we're clear. Hell, the only reason I'm even still IN the console ownership crowd anymore is because PK and Bill wouldn't leave me alone...lol. And had they switched to PlayStation, that's what I would've gotten.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Naples39 wrote:
Teal wrote:The old "Ford vs Chevy" crap has always irritated and annoyed me. I drive what I want, you drive what you want, they drive what they want, enjoy the experience, and no one gets caught up in the banality of the numbers game. Simple, or so it would seem...
I don't really care, and I haven't gone Sony myself since PS2, but just pointing out the sales are really bad for MS this generation.
I didn't really think you did, was just addressing your question. I have a PS4 Pro and if I didn't would of missed one of the best games I've ever played in HZD but if you told me I had to ditch down to 1 console it would be my XB1 because of online gaming. I say this with no exaggeration but I can't honestly say the last time I played a game online on the play station.

I think the stigmas that were out there when this gen launched are gone. I think there is a guy in charge of XB that publicly at least pretends to give a s***. So if they can come out with a new consoles that runs games even better, maybe has built in VR and maybe it is 100% backwards compatible with all previous Xbox systems they might do well with a new generation.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Division 2

8 player raids.
3 DLC content updates for FREE with new areas, game modes and story.

Somehow Ubi has become my favorite publisher.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

If you have a PC you can download For Honor for free on the PC until next Monday to keep for good.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:Division 2

8 player raids.

My most anticipated game EVER. Seriously.

I have put hundreds of hours into The Division. In fact, 3.5 hours more just last night with Teal and Bill. My favorite FPS of all time.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:Division 2

8 player raids.

:D :D :D :D

Stud game. Extremely pumped for D2!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sony’s Conference ongoing.

Last of Us 2 looks incredible - and I mean incredible...as expected.

Last edited by Diablo25 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Let's pander and get instant praise from the SJW press by having 2 girls kiss.

The Lesbians of Us 2.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I think there has been more time devoted to cut scenes then game play so far at this Sony presser.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

God Damn
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Spiderman didn't really get me excited, looks to hectic to me. Voice actor seemed off to me.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:Spiderman didn't really get me excited, looks to hectic to me. Voice actor seemed off to me.
They are playing it live in a few minutes on the Sony stream.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm excited for Last of Us 2 and interested in 1 or 2 more but from a sheer presser standpoint that was horrible. I liked the XB and Ubisoft pressers the best, the others were meh to terrible. I'm a huge PC gamer and that show was horrific.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The Last of Us 2 looks incredible. Man how technology has advanced where the gameplay almost looks real. I think i’ll pass, a little to brutal and violent in a realistic sort of way.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Danimal wrote:Let's pander and get instant praise from the SJW press by having 2 girls kiss.

The Lesbians of Us 2.
Ugh, seriously? Hate that crap.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:The Last of Us 2 looks incredible. Man how technology has advanced where the gameplay almost looks real. I think i’ll pass, a little to brutal and violent in a realistic sort of way.
My most anticipated game. Looks like the story is going to get wilder...

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal wrote:
Danimal wrote:Let's pander and get instant praise from the SJW press by having 2 girls kiss.

The Lesbians of Us 2.
Ugh, seriously? Hate that crap.
I don't really have a problem with lesbians in a story, even if the two rendered on screen look like they are 15 and that's creep af. What annoys me is they did it just to pander and get attention.

The dead silence after the reveal at the press conference said a lot. Sony quickly changed plans of moving venues for each major game and even told the audience when to clap, you can hear it on the stream I was watching and one guy yells "don't tell me what to do"

The games looked good but the conference was a mess in my opinion.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Wow

Nintendo is killing it with this presser. Time to dust off that switch.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I thought the Nintendo E3 presser was OK, nothing special unless you like Fire Emblem or Super Smash Brothers. Nothing of interest was hoping for an Animal Crossing reveal, but nada.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:I thought the Nintendo E3 presser was OK, nothing special unless you like Fire Emblem or Super Smash Brothers. Nothing of interest was hoping for an Animal Crossing reveal, but nada.
Mario Party
Octopath traveler
Fire Emblem
Super smash Brothers

All of those are buys for me.
Follow Me on:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I think I'll end up with a Switch before the end of this year, want to play the last couple of Mario and Donkey Kong Country games.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Danimal wrote:
Naples39 wrote:
Teal wrote:The old "Ford vs Chevy" crap has always irritated and annoyed me. I drive what I want, you drive what you want, they drive what they want, enjoy the experience, and no one gets caught up in the banality of the numbers game. Simple, or so it would seem...
I don't really care, and I haven't gone Sony myself since PS2, but just pointing out the sales are really bad for MS this generation.
I didn't really think you did, was just addressing your question. I have a PS4 Pro and if I didn't would of missed one of the best games I've ever played in HZD but if you told me I had to ditch down to 1 console it would be my XB1 because of online gaming. I say this with no exaggeration but I can't honestly say the last time I played a game online on the play station.

I think the stigmas that were out there when this gen launched are gone. I think there is a guy in charge of XB that publicly at least pretends to give a s***. So if they can come out with a new consoles that runs games even better, maybe has built in VR and maybe it is 100% backwards compatible with all previous Xbox systems they might do well with a new generation.
Honestly, one of the most amazing parts of HZD was just how insanely good it looked and played on a PS4 Slim. I'm feeling no need to upgrade my PS4 to a Pro, while the XB1X paid off pretty well, mostly because it was already my default console.

But I don't feel a need for two 4K consoles, and for as good as Sony's cinematic games look, they really aren't my jam. I play games for the shooty shooty, and stories are better in books, film, and TV. I really don't need my video games to go so cinematic, when, compared to traditional formats, they fail to be interesting enough. I'd rather play games that use the limitations of the art form to tell a story than games that try to mimic seeing a film.

As for why we devolve into the this dumb Chevy vs. Ford thing, I listened to a really good podcast about this yesterday. Ezra Klein interviewed Liliana Mason mega-identity politics. But really, what made the discussion interesting had almost nothing to do with politics, but rather, just how all of us are prone to group identity, and they discuss several social experiments that really illuminated this. I was thinking more about sports and gaming consoles during the discussion than politics, to be honest.

https://art19.com/shows/the-ezra-klein- ... [quote]Yes, identity politics is breaking our country. But it’s not identity politics as we’re used to thinking about it.

In Uncivil Agreement: How Politics Became Our Identity, Lilliana Mason traces the construction of our partisan “mega-identities”: identities that fuse party affiliation to ideology, race, religion, gender, sexuality, geography, and more. These mega-identities didn’t exist 50 or even 30 years ago, but now that they’re here, they change the way we see each other, the way we engage in politics, and the way politics absorbs other — previously non-political —spheres of our culture.

In making her case, Mason offers one of the best primers I’ve read on how little it takes to activate a sense of group identity in human beings, and how far-reaching the cognitive and social implications are once that group identity takes hold. I don’t want to spoil our discussion here, but suffice to say that her recounting of the “minimal group paradigm” experiments is not to be missed. This is the kind of research that will change not just how you think about the world, but how you think about yourself.
[/quote]
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Love this fan trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 crossed with Witcher 3!

XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;