Codemaster's F1 2018

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Codemaster's F1 2018

Post by Rodster »

Officially announced with an August 24th release date. Two of the highlights are, more classic cars that we've requested (hopefully we'll see 50's/60's/70's era cars) and career mode gets a requested feature(s).

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/05/make- ... n-f1-2018/

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Codemaster's F1 2018

Post by F308GTB »

Rodster wrote:Officially announced with an August 24th release date. Two of the highlights are, more classic cars that we've requested (hopefully we'll see 50's/60's/70's era cars) and career mode gets a requested feature(s).

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/05/make- ... n-f1-2018/
The F1 titles have become bargain bin buys for me. I'm hooked on VR, and the lack of it in the F1 series is a big downer. The open wheel experiences I get in Raceroom, AC, and RF2 have spoiled me.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

F308GTB wrote:The F1 titles have become bargain bin buys for me. I'm hooked on VR, and the lack of it in the F1 series is a big downer. The open wheel experiences I get in Raceroom, AC, and RF2 have spoiled me.
Codemasters did such a great job with VR on DiRT Rally, it would seem that they could do the same for their F1 titles.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

DChaps wrote:
F308GTB wrote:The F1 titles have become bargain bin buys for me. I'm hooked on VR, and the lack of it in the F1 series is a big downer. The open wheel experiences I get in Raceroom, AC, and RF2 have spoiled me.
Codemasters did such a great job with VR on DiRT Rally, it would seem that they could do the same for their F1 titles.
Maybe that's part of a future announcement. They did say there's more news coming regarding all the features for F1 2018.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

One thing i'm digging about this years version is that Codemaster's seemed to have nailed the damage model. This year the cars are real soft, clip a wall and you risk damaging the side wing, tap a wall and you risk loosing a wheel, tap a car in front and you risk loosing your front wing. The ONLY thing missing is failures, there rarely is a failure. I would love to have seen ICE/Powertrain failures etc. Granted they don't happen as much in modern F1 but they do occur, ask McLaren and Renault.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

On sale at Amazon for $49.99. Superb game.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN ... uage=en_US
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425