State of Decay 2

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: State of Decay 2

Post by Teal »

I've been playing it today. It's the first one, but better. That's fine with me. The vehicles control better, the graphics are better (not wow better, but definitely improved), the frame rate is better. I like the blood plague zombies. Glad I got it. Fun stuff.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

The graphics on the XB1X are fantastic with 4K and HDR. This is one of the only game I prefer on my console to my PC.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Oh yeah, I don't mean to say the graphics aren't good in their own right (they most certainly are, even on the S on a 4k UHD screen). I guess what I meant was that they won't wow compared with the best graphics on the system. They're better than fine, though. I took a partner with me to take out one of those blood plague hearts, and we both nearly bought the farm... Lol. I had some firecrackers to lure the baddies away, but the coke can bombs just didn't do much damage, and we got swarmed... Lol.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Playing this via GamePass, and so far I am liking what I see. It feels much more refined than the original. The game looks solid, the lighting is great, but the character models aren't the greatest. Should be able to sink my teeth into this more over the long holiday weekend!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

The addition of the blood plague can make this damn game even more stressful and nail biting. I couldn't find blood plague zombies enough to cure my core medical person, so when she got close to turning, I exiled her. Hated to do that. Then, my buddy from the beginning of the game got bit, and after losing my military guy to a fight with a rival group, I couldn't afford to lose another one. So I found a partner, and went hunting plague zombies. Almost died several times, ran out of gas, finally got the five samples I needed to make an antidote, and made it back just before HE turned. Whew! Never know that much stress could be fun!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal where you able to heal when you got back to your community?

Co-op was fun but also a bit confusing, if you can't use my Infirmary that makes no sense.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I think it glitched. I couldn't use the samples in my game either. So either it was assigning the wrong number of samples, or something. Haven't tried again.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

"Glitched" is the name of the game :lol:.

Played a ton of this in co-op, and I've had storage lockers disappear, stashes be missing, models not displaying (a character's face was gone, but a nose and hair remained, etc.).

Hard crashes, freezes both PC and XBox...

And yet, I still keep trying to play it, because the underlying systems are fun. It can definitely sink its hooks into you and make it tough to let go, but I honestly think it'll be a far better game in a few months after a couple of patches.

And for managing a "community", it sure feels like everybody else in the world is utterly worthless. Everybody is asking for help, and gets mad at you when you don't provide it..but then they can set up complicated ambushes as retaliation. Really? You couldn't just go gather 3 plague samples for your medicine, but you could get 5 survivors together to plan a SEAL-team style ambush for me to walk into?

Sometimes the game is hilariously predictable, but it's still a very fun (but glitchy) survival game. If you liked State of Decay 1, it's very good...because SoD1 was also very glitchy at the beginning, so there's some charm to it there. If you didn't like SoD1, then you're going to find a lot to b*tch about in SoD2.

I definitely liked the first one, and can put up with the glitches in the second one, but not happily :evil:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Well, now that I know more about what I'm doing, there was no glitch. Just not having enough meds at my base to make the antidote. Had plenty of samples, though. Duh.
One thing for me is that this game requires a LOT more from you than the first. It's hard to keep your whiny, extremely non self sufficient base denizens alive and happy, while trying to keep other groups happy and not stealing your stuff, while trying to keep looking for gas, and all that. It gets exhausting. I like it, just tend to play it in spurts now, go on a run, fulfill a mission, then go play something else. Thinking very hard about starting a new game now that I've learned more. Maybe I can make it a bit less stressful...lol