State of Decay 2

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

State of Decay 2

Post by Danimal »

Is anyone else planning on getting this? It has 4 player co-op and is an open world Zombie survival game. Xb1X 4K and play anywhere. It will be a trial on Game Pass I think.

Apparently if you pay $50 you can start Friday, other wise it is out next Tuesday for $30.

I liked the first game and this one sounds better.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: State of Decay 2

Post by Teal »

I liked the first, but I'm waiting to see on the second. Don't know why necessarily, but I'll probably get it anyway. :lol:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal wrote:I liked the first, but I'm waiting to see on the second. Don't know why necessarily, but I'll probably get it anyway. :lol:
From what I've read it is a better version of the first game with drop in & out coop. Meaning if I start my settlement and you join me it doesn't effect your story.

I'm really looking forward to it. Basically anything with coop now gets my attention.
Follow Me on:

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I'll be playing this through Game Pass and looking forward to trying it out next week!

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yep, getting it this Friday.

Was just talking to the wife about it this morning.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote:Yep, getting it this Friday.

Was just talking to the wife about it this morning.
I'm family free this weekend if you want to play this Friday night
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Sure--I'll also likely have a lot of time Saturday afternoon/evening.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I have a really weak immune system. Keep catching DSPFE... I'll try to get it this weekend...bastards...

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

After reading the (almost universally horrible) reviews for this, I may wait for them to patch it up before I really try it.

Pretty saddened to see the scores. Eurogamer even gave it the dreaded "Avoid" tag, which they don't often do...mostly due to bugs galore.

I've already got it installed on Xbox and PC, so it doesn't change the fact that I'll try it tonight at 11PM, but I'm not expecting much at this point, and if I run into a bunch of issues, I may shelve it until it gets a few more patches.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote: Eurogamer even gave it the dreaded "Avoid" tag, which they don't often do...mostly due to bugs galore.
You trust Eurogamer with an Xbox review?

Giantbombcast were liking the game on yesterdays podcast but said it runs better on a PC. PC gamer said it was good but yes the reviews aren't great.

I feel like there is a definite "crap on the Xbox" vibe from a bunch of sites lately. Forbes takes great glee in pointing out Xbox failures, Eurogamer, Polygon (or Political Correct Shills as I like to call them) Kotaku. Maybe it is deserved but I've kind of given up on reviewers and would rather watch a streamer to see if the game looks good.

I'm still going to give it a whirl because it can't be worse than Sea of Thieves and I like the first State of Decay a lot.
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

TCrouch wrote:After reading the (almost universally horrible) reviews for this, I may wait for them to patch it up before I really try it.

Pretty saddened to see the scores. Eurogamer even gave it the dreaded "Avoid" tag, which they don't often do...mostly due to bugs galore.

I've already got it installed on Xbox and PC, so it doesn't change the fact that I'll try it tonight at 11PM, but I'm not expecting much at this point, and if I run into a bunch of issues, I may shelve it until it gets a few more patches.
I had heard some rumblings of this week's ago, but hoped they'd had some luck fixing it. Damn thing's been in development for a long time, too. I expect it to be better in every way, not just prettier. Ah well. Yeah let me know if they patch it and make it better.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Danimal wrote:
TCrouch wrote: Eurogamer even gave it the dreaded "Avoid" tag, which they don't often do...mostly due to bugs galore.
You trust Eurogamer with an Xbox review?

I'm still going to give it a whirl because it can't be worse than Sea of Thieves and I like the first State of Decay a lot.
The latter point is why I'm hesitant, not exclusively because of Eurogamer. I liked the first State of Decay, and I'll try it on PC, but if it's got constant crashes and stuff not working, I'll be quick to pull the plug until they patch it. They just released the empty SoT as an exclusive, and now this is right behind it, which doesn't seem like it's empty...rather, unpolished and broken.

But I won't know until I try it for a few hours, so I'll still give it a whirl this weekend since I already bought it. Just not expecting much, at this point.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yeah it could be bad no doubt, MS is really losing the exclusive game that is for sure. I'm hearing there is a lot more management aspect to this one. If you played the first I guess you will be used to it but apparently juggling the community is daunting.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I've seen a few more positive reviews on Youtube this morning--so that's good.

Most of those understand it's a $30 budget game, so maybe there's some expectation that it would be a AAA game for some people, even though the first was very much an Indie game and this is likely a hopefully-improved version of that. The management stuff is what has the wife interested, while I generally just want to scavenge and kill zeds.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote:I've seen a few more positive reviews on Youtube this morning--so that's good.

Most of those understand it's a $30 budget game, so maybe there's some expectation that it would be a AAA game for some people, even though the first was very much an Indie game and this is likely a hopefully-improved version of that. The management stuff is what has the wife interested, while I generally just want to scavenge and kill zeds.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the first game was Indie on Steam.
Microsoft got them to port it to the Xbox
Then they paid them to make an exclusive for them.

This and Strange Brigade are on my buy list, kind of enamored with coops at the moment.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Also Terry turn on your group me notification. LOL
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

My game didn't unlock by the time i went to bed which was around midnight central time. Terry did yours unlock?
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yep, I played a portion of the intro mission, but then canceled out to try it tonight with the wife.

Seemed decent enough, although there was no "ground finisher" like the first game, so I had a couple of zombies get back up and chomp me when I thought I killed them.

Turns out, you now just use the grapple button and attack to perform a finisher, some of which were pretty cool (seems like your character has a permanent knife on them for fighting when your weapons break, which is a nice touch).

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Hopefully mine unlocked, now I'm thinking I preorder the wrong one, the one that unlocks on Tuesday.

If it works and you need a 3rd wheel tonight let me know. Xbox or PC?
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I'll probably play on XBox tonight, as I forgot the wife will be out of the house, and it'll likely be my daughter and I, instead.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

More impressions?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I played for several hours tonight on the XB1X and I had a blast. The only glitch I ran into was a door looking like it was open but not letting me through and I saw the open command pop up so it threw me for like 5 seconds.

I've set up my first base, built an infirmary, a garden and a work shop. We never seems to have enough of anything so I am constantly out scavenging and finding more stuff than I can haul back. The combat is certainly visceral but I haven't yet felt in much danger. I don't know I liked the first one but this on feels better. Little things like if you're low on something it is red, surplus is green. Simple change but you always know what the community needs. Also when people get injuries man are the out of action. I jumped off a rooftop and now my guy is laid up for like 20 days.

Didn't jump into any other games or have anyone jump into mine so no idea how co-op is.

All I know is 3 hours went by like it was 20 minutes.
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I loved the first one, warts and all. So, yeah, I'm downloading the new one now. Hit me up tonight if I'm up after 11 Central, or if u see me online anytime after.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'll be playing for sure but on the PC so I don't get notices when friends are online. If you see me send me an message.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Last night I encountered a few new Zed types and ran into some other enclaves. I wish there was some tension in encountering other enclaves instead of everyone just getting along but maybe I just haven't run into bad people yet.

Still enjoying the heck out of this even if I feel like I'm never accomplishing anything. I've played like 8 hours and still don't have anyone I can promote to community leader some how.
Follow Me on: