God of War - PS4

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

God of War - PS4

Post by Rodster »

If you own a PS4/PS4 Pro, buy this f##king game, I bought it with a 20% discount well worth $60. I have purchased pretty much all of them since the PS2 on hype and always thought they were OK. Not this game, the story starts off good, the voice acting is top notch, the combat mechanics ( a mix between Dark Souls and Bloodborne) are tight and the graphics even in 1080p are off the charts. Now I wish I had a 4K TV, this may get me to buy one. I thought Tomb Raider on the XONE looked good in 1080p but sheesh God of War is even better. The game based on reviews is a long one clocking in at around 45-50 hrs for full completion and it can get difficult. I started the game of at the default difficulty but there's a God of War mode where you are locked into that setting. I've always been a Microsoft gamer but Sony has been killing it with exclusives this generation. The best part is this game makes you feel like a total badass. :)

The only downside to this game is that at times it will make your PS4/PS4 Pro sound like a jet engine in certain areas and then it quiets down. It's gotten several patches and supposedly it's gotten better because there are claims that even sitting at the main menu the fans would kick on high. I haven't noticed that so maybe it's been addressed in some recent patches.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: God of War - PS4

Post by TCrouch »

I got it on release, and have managed to play a grand total of 45 minutes so far.

It definitely looks fantastic in 4K/HDR, though. The single-camera-throughout is kind of cool, too.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm glad you mentioned the camera cause it gave me that Dark Souls III vibe.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Will definitely pick it up when it goes on sale. I rented it last weekend and it's the best looking console game I've ever played. Game play wise, quite difficult even on the default level. Had me cursing a bit, especially against the first boss.

That said, it's not necessarily my first pick of genre, and I have a back log of games I still have to get through. So it'll be a while. But holy heck, the praise for this game is off the charts crazy from those who have really put some time in to it.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Most of the reviews say its not nearly as good looking in 4K as Horizon was. What makes it better in your opinion Dan? Is it the one camera shot thing?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Well God of War won game of the year tonight on the game awards so I might have to go try this one.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Horizon Zero Dawn might be the best looking game Ive ever seen....that is PS4 Pro or XBox One X. It is STUNNING.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

3 years later and I finally got around to playing and completing God of War. An absolute joy to play. Such an epic game. A top ten game of all time.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:01 pm
3 years later and I finally got around to playing and completing God of War. An absolute joy to play. Such an epic game. A top ten game of all time.
It’s soooooooooo Good. I was annoyed when it got GOY over RedDead 2 but its well deserved.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:48 pm
sportdan30 wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:01 pm
It’s soooooooooo Good. I was annoyed when it got GOY over RedDead 2 but its well deserved.
That’s the next game I’m going to get back to! I think I’m only around 10 hours in to the game.