College Football (not EA) Coming Back...sort of

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: College Football (not EA) Coming Back...sort of

Post by Teal »

I think the whole "pay college players" thing is a joke. Just a big joke. It's silly. Now, should Johnny Football be able to work at McDonald's during the off season if they have time? Sure. But they get on the order of sometimes 100 grand in food, housing, books, tuition, if they're good, exposure, the chance to play in front of tens of thousands of fans every weekend at the stadiums and gyms and courts, and millions more on tv. If they'd rather have lots of money before all that, they can roll the dice and try out for the pros right out of high school. I'm tired of this argument that athletes in college aren't compensated. More tired of the entitlement frivolity that got my favorite sports gaming franchises nixed. If someone doesn't want to play in college, fine, don't. They have that option. They can always go get a job or just study like the rest of them.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Aristo wrote:Meh...

Dan’s ideas are just way to put a dickhead spin on paying players, as though athletes should be ashamed of themselves.
Dickhead? LOL Was there a reason to insult me in what I said?

I played college sports, I know what I was provided and was grateful for it. I wanted to play in college because I loved it, not to make money. However if athletes want to be paid I'm fine with it. I don't think they should get a free ride, room and board on top of that. But hey feel free to personally attack me if it makes you feel better.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Yeah, that was pretty pointless and uncalled for, Aristo.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I don’t get the point in whining about the benefits 1% of athletes that can actually get paid get. If Kansas is going to make more money when players like Joel Embiid and Andrew Wiggins, even though there was no intention of them graduating, why shouldn’t Kansas pay them the same basics any professional athlete gets.

I mean, Bill Self and Sheaon Zenger are getting millions, along with the University, what is the point of putting their foot down? College basketball and football ceased being amateur sports a long f***in time ago. The sports generate billions. But a bunch of whiny sports fans would rather that money go to the same rich white boys club, and not athletes. The money is already there. All we are talking about is distribution.

And because some players might start getting a piece of that action, now some fans think their stipends and tuition is just too f***in much? That’s f***in petty and meaningless. It harkens back to some imaginary period when college sports was pure.

You can have pure college sports if you ban college sports from TV and licensing video games and the like. But that won’t do, because fans think they are entitled to watching the games and playing the video games. Further, they need to buy into some fake bullshit that those athletes are pure amateurs, so they only want the money they pay to go to coaches, ADs, and the NCAA.

Yeah, it’s a dickhead way of looking at college sports.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

No, it's not. Pretty dickhead way of ranting though. It's not like we're slapping your kid or something. Pump the brakes, hoss. You're entitled to your opinion. Just don't be a, um, dickhead about it. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Teal wrote:Yeah, that was pretty pointless and uncalled for, Aristo.
Agreed. You can make your point without resorting to insults or name calling.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Anyway, back to the actual point of the thread, I've been saying this for years. People will not only buy a fully customizable sports game with shareable creations, it's the one thing that gets around all the licensing garbage, the litigation garbage, all that. Imagine a football game that can span Pop Warner to NFL. One that be, just as quickly, CFL, XFL, The Longest Yard, The Replacements, or whatever you want. I love the idea, and hope that it makes it's way to market. I'm having a blast playing MLB Baseball with my created teams in SMB2. But I'm also enjoying my college baseball... With the same game. Throw in stadium editors and... What's the point in paying for licenses?