Super Mega Baseball 2

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Super Mega Baseball 2

Post by pk500 »

Definitely harder to hit spots when pitching with this version than SMB 1. Like that! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

vader29 wrote:Here are your screenshots Teal: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/teal-03/screenshots

Works better than that xboxclips site.
Dude, thanks man! That was a big pain in the ass...lol
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Those look great. How long is it taking you per team? I don't even know how in the hell you are doing that
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

tjung0831 wrote:Those look great. How long is it taking you per team? I don't even know how in the hell you are doing that
LOL, I don't even know how in the hell I've done some of 'em. They only give you sixteen layer slots, to boot. So you have to get real creative real quick. Some teams, like the Astros and the Dodgers, were really simple. Others, like the Indians and the Yankees, required a lot more time and trial-and-error. I got about three done last night, and those three took me about three hours, I'm guessing. But those weren't the hard ones. The NY logo on the Yankees' uniforms was created from nothing but shapes, and it was a booger to figure out.

I mean to create the league before I'm done, and create the divisions and all that, name rosters, do as much as I can to represent the players. I used to LOVE Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball on the SNES, and this brings back those fond memories. Doubly as I'm creating real teams. Thanks for the compliment. We can't share these designs, so it's just a labor of love for me at this point.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

My son has done 6 teams so far. There’s a template on reddit.com that shows you exactly how to create each team.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

sportdan30 wrote:My son has done 6 teams so far. There’s a template on reddit.com that shows you exactly how to create each team.
Yeah, I knew about that, but decided I like the discovery of figuring out my own way. Did the Orioles last night, and it was a beast to figure out, but if you go to the xboxdvr site linked a few posts up, you'll see how cool it turned out.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Teal, I referenced reddit for Tjung if he has an interest is making MLB rosters.

We completed 2 teams thus far, Astros and Angels. Played a game and WOW what a cool addition to an already great game. Can’t wait to get them all set up. But what a long process it takes. They seriously need to add a roster vault.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

sportdan30 wrote:My son has done 6 teams so far. There’s a template on reddit.com that shows you exactly how to create each team.
Can you post that link? Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to find it.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

JOZ wrote:
Can you post that link? Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to find it.
Here you go:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SuperMegaBaseb ... templates/
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

TheTruth wrote:
JOZ wrote:
Here you go:

Man, that's cool. But I'll admit: I don't like real baseball enough to enter all these digits. This lazy non-fan of the real diamond wishes there was a share function! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

TheTruth wrote:
JOZ wrote:
Here you go:

Awesome! Thanks

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So I played this a bit more this weekend and it is a lot of fun but not something i would play a lot. I won all my game scoring double digits in everyone. With the kicker a 27-5 victory (6 inning game) where I had 39 hits. I know it is an arcade game and it is fun watching old guys with white beards pounding 4 HR's in a game but I wouldn't play a season mode with this game.

I assume the other modes are online but I didn't try them.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Danimal wrote:So I played this a bit more this weekend and it is a lot of fun but not something i would play a lot. I won all my game scoring double digits in everyone. With the kicker a 27-5 victory (6 inning game) where I had 39 hits. I know it is an arcade game and it is fun watching old guys with white beards pounding 4 HR's in a game but I wouldn't play a season mode with this game.

You need to jack up your ego quite a bit, I think. What's it on?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Teal wrote:
Danimal wrote:So I played this a bit more this weekend and it is a lot of fun but not something i would play a lot. I won all my game scoring double digits in everyone. With the kicker a 27-5 victory (6 inning game) where I had 39 hits. I know it is an arcade game and it is fun watching old guys with white beards pounding 4 HR's in a game but I wouldn't play a season mode with this game.

Agreed!

Ego at default level makes the game too easy. Dial it up to 30 and it gets hard, 40 and it gets even tougher to win. I think Ego tops out at 99. I tried 40 and had to dial it back to 30 cause the CPU was kicking my ass most of the time.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Danimal wrote:I know it is an arcade game and it is fun watching old guys with white beards pounding 4 HR's in a game but I wouldn't play a season mode with this game.
Im actually playing a 16 game season right now. That’s the most you can play in Standard Season, but I haven’t tried Custom Season yet.

This will never replace MLB The Show for me, but it’s still fun as hell for an arcade baseball game.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal wrote:

I had no idea this was adjustable, I was looking for difficulty settings in the game. I'll need to look at this tonight.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

With regards to Ego, you can make adjustments as you see fit to pitching, hitting, or fielding. Not just an overall ego change. So, if hitting is too easy, adjust that. If pitching is too hard, adjust that. And so on.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Yeah, ego is your difficulty slider. The higher you go (up to 99) the more challenging everything becomes.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Doing all those custom logos and uniforms for all 30 MLB teams was a time consuming, often frustrating thing. But tonight, I finished. (No rosters...yet.) I then set up my custom league with the NL and AL. Played two games in the season, and... That was worth every minute of all that work. I legit haven't had this much fun with a baseball title since Ken Griffey's Winning Run on the SNES. I would have loved a stadium editor, and a more robust editor for teams, but I have zero complaints about this game. Playing the beta, I was ready to easily fork over the 30 dollar asking price. As a free title? This is the single best Games with Gold I've had. Just love this thing...