Sea of Thieves

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Sea of Thieves

Post by Sudz »

I'd say it is a steaming pile of dogshit but it really isn't. It is a 50% completed steaming pile of dogshit.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Diablo25 wrote:Even with the enjoyment of yesterday’s adventures I still worry about the ‘rinse repeat’ potential that this game has. Perhaps there is more in store. Time will tell.
What the developers have stated is that this is the first piece of a long term plan for the game. Which is good, because I agree with Bill's concern above. I jumped in solo and got bored fairly quickly. This game was meant for co-op with friends who communicate. Even at that, I'm glad I game passed. The experience has been worth at least 10 bucks. But I think I'd be more disappointed if I'd paid 60 bucks for it as is.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I played solo on the PC, the game just runs and looks a lot better on the PC which is surprising since this is native 4k game. Problem is I can't seem to find friends, add friends and peoples invites don't seem to show up for me from the XB. Playing alone is boring.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

The game is too simplistic at this point. I rarely see other humans, and if I do, never more than one other ship. Playing solo is snooze worthy boring. Go get a chest, bring it back, sell it. Go get a chest, bring it back, sell it. Go get a... Yeah. I'm glad I didn't buy it. If they're serious that it'll get more involved as it goes, I might buy it down the road. But the novelty wears off in near record time now. And once FC5 drops, it won't be played.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Teal wrote:The game is too simplistic at this point. I rarely see other humans, and if I do, never more than one other ship. Playing solo is snooze worthy boring. Go get a chest, bring it back, sell it. Go get a chest, bring it back, sell it. Go get a... Yeah. I'm glad I didn't buy it. If they're serious that it'll get more involved as it goes, I might buy it down the road. But the novelty wears off in near record time now. And once FC5 drops, it won't be played.
Hell.. i can't even figure out how to hunt for treasure.

just a waste of a game with a bunch of potential.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Sudz wrote:just a waste of a game with a bunch of potential.
At least they've got a demo of the water technology now...they can license that out at least. ;)

I played for about two hours...have zero desire to play again. Thankfully, trial of XBOX Gamepass paid for it...or didn't pay for it, in this case.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I never was interested in this game, but it's apparent status as a turd isn't good for Xbox gamers. Microsoft poured a lot of development and promotional money into this as an in-house, Grade-A exclusive title, and it appears to be the "Ishtar" or "Waterworld" of their studios.

MS won't give up on first-party, exclusive titles, but this apparent disaster won't give them much confidence to go balls-out on new franchises.

Anyone know how this game is selling?
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sudz wrote:just a waste of a game with a bunch of potential.
At least they've got a demo of the water technology now...they can license that out at least. ;)

I played for about two hours...have zero desire to play again. Thankfully, trial of XBOX Gamepass paid for it...or didn't pay for it, in this case.
They do have that going for them. The seas are fantastic. That alone kept my attention through the beta. I expected the full release to have a lot more to do though.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Big-time thread resurrection here, but I finally downloaded this game on GamePass a few weeks ago after urging from Teal. I always was curious about it, but I also was leery due to poor early reviews and how badly Assassin's Creed: Black Flag disappointed me as a pirate game.

My curiosity about this game was piqued by reading how the developers have made MAJOR improvements in patches. I trust that because Ubisoft did the same thing with The Division.

Well, I'm happy to report Sea of Thieves circa July 2021 is a FANTASTIC, fun game, especially co-op. Teal and I are having a blast with this title. Open world on the high seas, and you can do whatever you want.

Teal and I have sailed the seas, simply slack-jawed at the water effects in this game, which even at 1080p are the most lifelike thing I've ever seen in a video game. We've fired ourselves out of a cannon to get out of trouble with foes. We have fought monsters and other pirates. We have plundered for gems. And last night, we both got sh*tfaced as hell on our ship and puked all over the ship and each other.

Sea of Thieves is EXACTLY the breath of fresh air I sought for gaming this summer, as the hobby was getting a bit stale for me. Other than The Show 2021's debut on Xbox, gaming has felt really samey for me for about the last year or so. Sea of Thieves in its current guise is fresh and fun as hell.

Let Teal and I know if you want to sail with us some night! Laughs and fun guaranteed.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Look for me. Been looking to try the game again.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Yep. We laughed until we hurt at each other stumbling around deck, puking on each other, falling in the water, hearing the lurching retch sounds below deck as gallons of Mead was consumed.

This thing's soul is in co-op with friends. Randoms just won't do.

They've added, and added, and implemented many new things, including Pirates of the Caribbean, which was a stroke of genius. There's lots more to do, and nothing beats a stoned PK getting virtually sh*t faced on deck a pirate ship with an avatar that looks like an anime Joe Walsh...lol.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Looking to give it another go in the coming days. Never really experienced all there was to offer the first time I played it. Hopefully the ocean doesn't cause me to get seasick.