The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by J_Cauthen »

Well, it looks like the hammer has been brought down on the ID@XBox.com story, listing TGC 2019 as an 8/21/18 release. I just looked at the same coming week blog, and all mentions and images of TGC 2019 have been removed... please don't kill the messenger who brings bad news, but that's what's happened :cry:

Here's the link to the latest (revised without annotation) preview for next week:

http://www.idatxbox.com/2018/08/17/rele ... ust-20-24/

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

So basically game is supposedly coming out this month, they don't know the date, they don't know how much they want for their game, said they are going to be releasing lots of information leading up to the games release but haven't released any info or videos about the game for the last month, are unable to release any other videos because their video equipment is broken. Sounds like the excuses they used with Maximum Games holding them hostage for updates in the last game had more to do with their team than Maximum Games.

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

And maybe Maximum Games got tired of their antics and dropped them.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I really like golf video games and like this series but HB is really making it hard for me to like them. Its just no that hard. They really do look like a Mickey Mouse developer right now. Christ, get your s*** together.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

And the plot thickens... I just clicked on the link again this morning, and it's back in the blog just as before. The header reads:

"Next week, smash your friends, play a round of golf, and trust NO ONE. Here’s everything coming out from ID@Xbox:"

And then the second paragraph in the story now reads thusly:

"The Golf Club 2019 featuring PGA TOUR
(August 21)

Microsoft Store | Release Trailer | Game Website

Do you have what it takes to win PGA TOUR’s FedExCup? Compete in the all new officially licensed PGA TOUR Career mode. Play on famous courses like TPC Boston, TPC Sawgrass and more. Show off your skills as you take part in PGA TOUR events such as the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open, the John Deere Classic and the Waste Management Phoenix Open. Take on Career Rivals throughout the season for that extra challenge and promise of reward. More info available on the official game website.

Regions: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States"

I now resign myself from trying to figure out what's going on with this, but it's truly an epic fiasco!?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

And now the story drops the mention of TGC 2019 again. I'm washing my hands of this ID@XBox.com blog for next week.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

You guys are really letting this affect you more than it should. It'll come out when it comes out, likely this month, but hey, maybe next month.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

dbdynsty25 wrote:You guys are really letting this affect you more than it should. It'll come out when it comes out, likely this month, but hey, maybe next month.

From Alan this AM:
Hi,

Just want to clear up something. The game is not delayed - we said August, it'll be out in August. I said we can't specify the exact day yet because of business behind-the-scenes and I'm not going to conduct that publicly but it will become apparent shortly, MS put something out in error which we can't control and you'll see MS have now corrected that after we spoke with them.

Nothing's changed. It's just you would like some more info on an exact day and price which we will announce when possible, I completely understand the desire for some more info, I'd love to give it! Launch month has always been August and, to date right now barring any unforeseen issues, still is.

It's an exciting time. In less than two weeks, we can all expect to have a new game out that we'll be playing! I'm looking forward to it!
It’s coming sooner than later......

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

The game doesn't necessarily have to come out on a Tuesday since it is a digital only game for right now, Major Nelson's Xbox blog page has him announcing new games available for digital download all throughout the week.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Just checked the HB Forums and the game was available for download in the United Kingdom on Xbox One for a bit but now taken off, still no info from HB Studios. :?

Response from HB:
HB_ADMIN An early version of The Golf Club was inadvertently released today. While some have downloaded it already, we’re recommending our fans wait just a little longer until our official announce when all online components of the game are activated and enabled. Thanks for your patience!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:Just checked the HB Forums and the game was available for download in the United Kingdom on Xbox One for a bit but now taken off, still no info from HB Studios. :?

Response from HB:
HB_ADMIN An early version of The Golf Club was inadvertently released today. While some have downloaded it already, we’re recommending our fans wait just a little longer until our official announce when all online components of the game are activated and enabled. Thanks for your patience!
Yeah, I watched a stream that went on for hours. It's hard to watch on Twitch at 720p, and the guy could only play official courses by himself. It was enough to make me want to play the game though, although it seemed like he was having an easy time hitting the ball straight with Master clubs. He was struggling around the greens with chipping though. Royal Ethalwood from Arctic Fury looked good, even in compressed 720p.

I had a feeling something like this was going to happen after the ID@XBox.com blog last week. What a fiasco this has to be for HB Studios. And now they're trying to contain everything about it in one thread and eliminate images of it from being shown 8O It's all over two continents now, Europe and Australia!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

When chicken little hits the big time and doesn't know how to handle it.

Personally I'm no longer chomping at the bit to buy this. So many things to play right now.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

In retrospect, it looks like the ID@XBox.com story from last week was right... TGC 2019 did release on the 21st :)

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
vader29 wrote:Just checked the HB Forums and the game was available for download in the United Kingdom on Xbox One for a bit but now taken off, still no info from HB Studios. :?

Response from HB:
Yeah, I watched a stream that went on for hours. It's hard to watch on Twitch at 720p, and the guy could only play official courses by himself. It was enough to make me want to play the game though, although it seemed like he was having an easy time hitting the ball straight with Master clubs. He was struggling around the greens with chipping though. Royal Ethalwood from Arctic Fury looked good, even in compressed 720p.

I had a feeling something like this was going to happen after the ID@XBox.com blog last week. What a fiasco this has to be for HB Studios. And now they're trying to contain everything about it in one thread and eliminate images of it from being shown 8O It's all over two continents now, Europe and Australia!
I watched that stream for almost an hour before going to sleep last night, still can't wait to play this in 4K whenever they decide to release it.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

vader29 wrote: I watched that stream for almost an hour before going to sleep last night, still can't wait to play this in 4K whenever they decide to release it.
Co-Signed. There were a number of people on the stream calling the game trash etc. Christ, it was a non final release version without all the features and in 720P. s***, I thought I bitched too much.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

No more daily TGC drama today?
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

We have this bit Danimal... GDog has just published a 24 minute, 1080p YouTube video of him playing various holes and courses on the XBox One version. He got this video using the XBox capture app, so it introduces its own additional compression and blur to the image quality, but it's overall better than the Twitch stream at 720p.

The SpeedTrees in the first hole at AF's The House on the Cliff look pretty vanilla, and show more pop-in than I thought I'd see. There's a muddy look to the graphics on this hole, but he's playing under cloudy conditions and everything is muted a bit. The trees also do the Earthquake shake, as the wind speeds are at 17 MPH. The flag responded to the wind direction properly, but you couldn't gauge which direction the wind was coming from looking at the frantically gyrating trees.

He then plays a hole or two at Valle de los Reyes under sunny skies, and the trees look a lot more detailed, and exhibit considerably less pop-in.

Here's a link if you're interested, but do factor in the less than stellar processes involved in getting this video to YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlEznPMr6w4

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I meant any drama on when this is releasing :D

I don't really care about the graphics, its the game play changes and new modes that interest me.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:I meant any drama on when this is releasing :D

I don't really care about the graphics, its the game play changes and new modes that interest me.
:D No, nothing new from HBS, but there have been more creative ways of asking for a release date by posters today. I thought they'd announce something during the Northern Trust Pro-Am today, since they're on location demoing the game.... nothing so far. My guess is the game will release on Tuesday, August 28th.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

HB Studios is shutting down their forums over the weekend for "maintenance".

Looks like Monday, all will be revealed.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

DivotMaker wrote:HB Studios is shutting down their forums over the weekend for "maintenance".

Is this when they announce they have been acquired by EA? :D
Follow Me on:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Danimal wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:HB Studios is shutting down their forums over the weekend for "maintenance".

Is this when they announce they have been acquired by EA? :D
I sure as hell hope not.

The ONLY way that would be a positive would be if HB maintains all decisions regarding Golf and gets access to EA’s resources.

I don’t see EA agreeing to that.

If it comes to pass, I see it as a very negative move for video Golf fans.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I think what's really going on is someone leaked a trailer of the announcement of 2K Sports as publisher of TGC 2019. It's a 45 second trailer, but it starts off with 2K Sports, then the splash screen. It also showed a beautifully rendered 17th hole at Sawgrass with Luke Elvy narrated in the video. It's been pulled now though :( We won't know anything more till Monday, but that 17th at Sawgrass and the quality of the narration will hold me over a bit. It was really AAA'esque!

This video is being debated as to its legitimacy. I saw it one time and I didn't put it under a magnifying glass, but it looked like a legit presentation of the 2K Sports logo. GDog seemed to get a threatening message in the middle of his stream today while talking about it. Afterwards, all he would say is "I can neither confirm nor deny", when asked about it :)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

J_Cauthen wrote:I think what's really going on is someone leaked a trailer of the announcement of 2K Sports as publisher of TGC 2019. It's a 45 second trailer, but it starts off with 2K Sports, then the splash screen. It also showed a beautifully rendered 17th hole at Sawgrass with Luke Elvy narrated in the video. It's been pulled now though :( We won't know anything more till Monday, but that 17th at Sawgrass and the quality of the narration will hold me over a bit. It was really AAA'esque!

This video is being debated as to its legitimacy. I saw it one time and I didn't put it under a magnifying glass, but it looked like a legit presentation of the 2K Sports logo. GDog seemed to get a threatening message in the middle of his stream today while talking about it. Afterwards, all he would say is "I can neither confirm nor deny", when asked about it :)
Wow, so it appears 2K Sports is expanding. First it was 2K NBA Playgrounds and now maybe 2K Sports Golf. Kinda makes sense why all the release date confusion.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Rodster wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote:I think what's really going on is someone leaked a trailer of the announcement of 2K Sports as publisher of TGC 2019. It's a 45 second trailer, but it starts off with 2K Sports, then the splash screen. It also showed a beautifully rendered 17th hole at Sawgrass with Luke Elvy narrated in the video. It's been pulled now though :( We won't know anything more till Monday, but that 17th at Sawgrass and the quality of the narration will hold me over a bit. It was really AAA'esque!

Wow, so it appears 2K Sports is expanding. First it was 2K NBA Playgrounds and now maybe 2K Sports Golf. Kinda makes sense why all the release date confusion.
I would love to have seen how the HB Studios "TGC 2019" booth was monikered at the Northern Trust today They were there showing the game by their Twitter feed, but I've only seen one picture, and that was of the IRL golf being played out on the course. If 2K is the publisher, do you think they would now call it "PGA TOUR 2K19", now that the game already has the PGA TOUR license?