The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by 10spro »

Whatever name it ends up with, it won’t be in the $30-40 range as the previous games.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

10spro wrote:Whatever name it ends up with, it won’t be in the $30-40 range as the previous games.
It sure as hell better not have any crazy ass physics if they want me to part with $40 plus. Does anyone know or heard if they're shutting down the servers to TGC or TGC2? I still play TGC and play some of the courses that have been created.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I started a TGC 2019 test thread at 2K Sports in the "Video Game and Tech" section of their forum, just to see if I'd get any official reaction - from deletion to an answer to my question - but so far nothing official. I've got 320 page views and two replies. I'm just interested to see if it stands through the weekend, and maybe Monday gets moved into its own room :wink: Here's the link if anyone is interested:

https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?43 ... -2K-Sports

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

You are what I call fanatical :)
GT = Wilk5280

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

LOL I'm not that curious JC. I don't know what partnering with 2K does other than bring a whole new level of accountability that idk if they can handle.

Also if this is their Big Announcement is that really going to excite their hard core fans?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Posted on Sony's blog before HB Studios makes the official announcement, make em take it down HB! :P

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08 ... 8-28-2018/
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Wilk5280 wrote:You are what I call fanatical :)
Yeah, but don't you think I'm doing a better job of masking it here of late? :) I can quit this any time I want to... I just don't want to - at least until Tuesday and I start griping about the spoiler leaderboards in Society play again :wink:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:Posted on Sony's blog before HB Studios makes the official announcement, make em take it down HB! :P

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08 ... 8-28-2018/
That should be money for the XBox one and PC versions also then. The coming week's release blog at ID@XBox.com has been published today, and The Golf Club 2019 is NOT on that list. The implication being (hopefully) is that because it's not on that list, it's no longer considered to be an indy game, now that 2K Sports is publishing it.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:LOL I'm not that curious JC. I don't know what partnering with 2K does other than bring a whole new level of accountability that idk if they can handle.

Also if this is their Big Announcement is that really going to excite their hard core fans?
I'm fascinated by the news and the way this is playing out. As you say, it's not going excite the game's hardcore fans - in fact a number of them are pissed worrying about microtransactions - but it will attract some fence sitters who see the 2K Sports moniker. I'm hoping 2K Sports will stay out of the development part as much as possible.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
LOL...dead link.
Just click on Aug 18 and there’s a tweet that 2K and HB studios are now partners.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

DivotMaker wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
LOL...dead link.
Someone pulled it.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.p ... 560.0.html
They took away that one too. What’s the big secrecy? Someone already tweeted that they partners so what’s the big Deal?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

This must be one of the most ham-fisted launches in sports gaming history. Seriously. What a bunch of amateurs, from a PR and marketing standpoint.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

pk500 wrote:This must be one of the most ham-fisted launches in sports gaming history. Seriously. What a bunch of amateurs, from a PR and marketing standpoint.
Shakes head and walks away......

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:This must be one of the most ham-fisted launches in sports gaming history. Seriously. What a bunch of amateurs, from a PR and marketing standpoint.
Seconded
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

DivotMaker wrote:
I understand your passion and dedication to the series and golf gaming, Tim. Admirable as hell. Same with JC. And The Golf Club is a fun franchise.

But anyone who has worked in PR and/or marketing for more than a month must acknowledge this rollout has been nothing short of a dumpster fire.

The botched launch won't affect my interest in the game. I'm buying it on release day. I'm only making an observation as someone who has worked full time in professional motorsports PR for the last 25 years.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

I think Tim was agreeing! :)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I get PK's point completely and agree with it... it is the biggest fluster cluck release I've seen since Sierra Sports NFL Football Pro '99! I understand the late breaking deal behind the scenes with 2K Sports, but you can't let it put this much mystery and uncertainty around a launch 8O

I'm excited to be buying, but I admit I'm concerned over how many potential new buyers have been put off by all of this :?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

HB just tweeted that the official announcement is tomorrow. I guess they were getting hit with numerous questions about the lack of an announcement today so they made an official announcement about the announcement.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:HB just tweeted that the official announcement is tomorrow. I guess they were getting hit with numerous questions about the lack of an announcement today so they made an official announcement about the announcement.
Can it get any worse!!?? This has got to be so embarrassing for HB Studios, and certainly their new partner, 2K Sports :roll:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

pk500 wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:
I understand your passion and dedication to the series and golf gaming, Tim. Admirable as hell. Same with JC. And The Golf Club is a fun franchise.

But anyone who has worked in PR and/or marketing for more than a month must acknowledge this rollout has been nothing short of a dumpster fire.

The botched launch won't affect my interest in the game. I'm buying it on release day. I'm only making an observation as someone who has worked full time in professional motorsports PR for the last 25 years.
As DChaps stated, I was agreeing with you 100%.....

As JC stated, what a fustercluck.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote: Can it get any worse!!?? This has got to be so embarrassing for HB Studios, and certainly their new partner, 2K Sports :roll:
My outside, totally uninformed opinion on HBS is that they don't give a crap how they are perceived. I'm willing to bet this game carries a $59.99 price tag as well.
Follow Me on: