The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:Had an ace in yesterday's daily :) Scuffled early but loved the course.
Kudos! Do you remember which hole it was? I put my tee shot on the second par 3 within 2 feet of the hole. I had some putting woes at this course, mostly from holes 3 through 8, but it these were tough greens to putt. This was a surprisingly good course out of nowhere that I heard about through a post in the official forum. It's an RCR course called TRA Ballyowen GC. I'd like to check the real course out to see what it looks like, because this course was gorgeous on my XBox One X! It was the first I'd played from this designer, and I think it was only his second course?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Had an ace in yesterday's daily :) Scuffled early but loved the course.
Kudos! Do you remember which hole it was? I put my tee shot on the second par 3 within 2 feet of the hole. I had some putting woes at this course, mostly from holes 3 through 8, but it these were tough greens to putt. This was a surprisingly good course out of nowhere that I heard about through a post in the official forum. It's an RCR course called TRA Ballyowen GC. I'd like to check the real course out to see what it looks like, because this course was gorgeous on my XBox One X! It was the first I'd played from this designer, and I think it was only his second course?
#6. Landed at hole, rolled about 10 feet by, came off the hill and in.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Vader, I had end the 3rd season to create the Daily tournaments for this week. I think it was very fitting for the previous season to end with the U.S. Open. That's the best version of Pebble Beach I've seen to date in TGC 2019, and I'd heard the friendBOMBER (who created it) was about to release an updated version for this year, but it didn't get published in time for the tournament.

Joz, you and I were never separated by more than two strokes in the final round at the Open. I had to sink a 9 foot putt on 18 to win. I also 4-putted the second green for a bogey from 16 feet, after reaching the green in two :oops: I somehow survived that 8O It was a great tournament though. I wish this game had a "length of made putts" total like we hear so much about now. I bet Vader would lead that category by quite a margin... seriously, this man is deadly with a putter 8)

Anyway, I've got the final point standings for season 3 below:

And pictured below, the top 4 finishers in the DSP season points, Vader29 (#1), J Cauthen (#2), Jozarus (#3), and 10spro (#4). Congratulations on the season win Mark (Vader)!

Last edited by J_Cauthen on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Thanks for the season guys. Thanks or setting it up, just finished paying today’s daily, loved it before I head out of town for a couple of days.

John, can’t see the images on your previous post.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:Thanks for the season guys. Thanks or setting it up, just finished paying today’s daily, loved it before I head out of town for a couple of days.

John, can’t see the images on your previous post.
Thanks James, I'll look into what's going on there with the images. I copied the image address from my one drive picture folder, which it warned me was going to make the image viewable to everyone. I'm not real familiar with one drive, so I'll do some digging.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Works now, Geez weez, finally no one stealing my clothes or identity for a change. That’s pure me there :lol:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:Works now, Geez weez, finally no one stealing my clothes or identity for a change. That’s pure me there :lol:
I had to educate myself on how to use the embed code option with Microsoft Cloud :) As for your clothes, I believe Ian Poulter could work that outfit :D

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Nice job John and thank you guys for the season. Looking forward to the next.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Does the next season start today? What are the days and cut-off times for Dailys vs Tournaments? I think I am going to try to give this game one last try. Thanks!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

DChaps wrote:Does the next season start today? What are the days and cut-off times for Dailys vs Tournaments? I think I am going to try to give this game one last try. Thanks!
If you give it another try my advice is just do it from the stand point of trying to get your person best and maybe it will click. We have some guys who shoot unbelievable scores and by their ghost don't miss a shot. If that is going to discourage you, then your opinion likely won't change.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DChaps wrote:Does the next season start today? What are the days and cut-off times for Dailys vs Tournaments? I think I am going to try to give this game one last try. Thanks!
Yes, the new season starts today. The Daily tournaments are 24 hours in duration, and run from 4:00 AM to 4:00 AM the next day. We have one on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and they're on different courses. The 72 hole tournaments start Thursday morning at 4:00 AM and run until Monday morning at 4:00 AM.

Today's course (Hackensack GC) is supposedly average course and comes in a little over 6,100 yards off the back tees. It's one of friendBomber's (one of the top five designers in the game, IMO) LiDAR recreations, so I know it's going to be faithful to the real course.

I recommend Pro clubs, and try to avoid making a mechanical stop to mechanical stop swing with the thumbstick. There's a lot of potential for tempo and swing path error in that last 5 to 10% of travel. Keep in mind that you're getting this advice from someone who finished in 7th place in the tournament the week before last, yet won the Open championship by a stroke this week... I have the temperment of a Lanny Watkins out on the cyber golf course, if you're old enough to remember that reference :D

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

I only played in 9 events??? WTF???

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:I only played in 9 events??? WTF???
You could have played 36 rounds if all of those events were 72 holes. If you don't mind, go into the season three schedule and see how that matches up with the number of events you can tally be reviewing the event leaderboards. If you come up with a discrepancy, it's something that needs to be reported in the Bug Report section of the Official Forum.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Leadfoot5 wrote:I only played in 9 events??? WTF???
You could have played 36 rounds if all of those events were 72 holes. If you don't mind, go into the season three schedule and see how that matches up with the number of events you can tally be reviewing the event leaderboards. If you come up with a discrepancy, it's something that needs to be reported in the Bug Report section of the Official Forum.
Definitely a bug there somewhere, just don't know what it is. I played as many tournaments in Season 3 as I did in Season 2.

In season 2 I played in 39 events, was second in earnings and points, and tied with you for 1st in victories.

But yeah, season 3 it's saying that I only played in 9 events. That sucks.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:Definitely a bug there somewhere, just don't know what it is. I played as many tournaments in Season 3 as I did in Season 2.

In season 2 I played in 39 events, was second in earnings and points, and tied with you for 1st in victories.

I actually went through the season 3 schedule and saw your name on only 9, final leaderboards. That doesn't mean that you only played in 9 events though. There are multiple reports from users about Society leaderboards not properly displaying or tallying their performances. See if you can find a tournament that you know for sure you completed, but it's not showing your final score on the leaderboard. I'll file a report in the bug report section of the official forum once you've found one I can cite as an example.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Leadfoot5 wrote:Definitely a bug there somewhere, just don't know what it is. I played as many tournaments in Season 3 as I did in Season 2.

I actually went through the season 3 schedule and saw your name on only 9, final leaderboards. That doesn't mean that you only played in 9 events though. There are multiple reports from users about Society leaderboards not properly displaying or tallying their performances. See if you can find a tournament that you know for sure you completed, but it's not showing your final score on the leaderboard. I'll file a report in the bug report section of the official forum once you've found one I can cite as an example.
Ugh.. my memory isn't that great and that sounds tedious so I'll just keep an eye out for it in the current season. It was also in Season 3 that I started having the problem where when I logged in the following day after a tournament, the game would show me results from a different tournament, and I couldn't see how I finished. Like I said, I'll just keep an eye out moving forward.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Leadfoot5 wrote: It was also in Season 3 that I started having the problem where when I logged in the following day after a tournament, the game would show me results from a different tournament, and I couldn't see how I finished. Like I said, I'll just keep an eye out moving forward.
I've had this since launch, I never see the last tournament. Most of the time it is one that is a week old or more. I just thought it was happening to everyone.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I'll get results displayed sometimes from tournaments that were played weeks ago, and the "Rating" field is highlighted as though it wants me to rate that course, even though I know I rated it when I played the tournament. I only missed 5 tournaments last season, but it did have me properly credited with the 50 in which I played. I do recall twice being asked to rate a course from two tournament courses that I know I missed. There are no doubts some pretty glaring bugs still festering in the Society leaderboard and stat tracking, and I'm not just reading about them here.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Danimal wrote:
Leadfoot5 wrote: It was also in Season 3 that I started having the problem where when I logged in the following day after a tournament, the game would show me results from a different tournament, and I couldn't see how I finished. Like I said, I'll just keep an eye out moving forward.
I've had this since launch, I never see the last tournament. Most of the time it is one that is a week old or more. I just thought it was happening to everyone.
I've always had this as well

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Really?? 14 under :D

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

JOZ wrote:Really?? 14 under :D

:wink: :P
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

vader29 wrote:

:wink: :P
Awesome :lol:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

You weren't far behind him at 12 under... meanwhile the bottom feeders like me were languishing in the 4 under range, bordering on rage quitting after missing our fifth birdie putt of six feet or less :evil: I 4-putted one of the par fives for a bogey, where I was putting for an eagle from 18 feet :o I kept thinking how "gettable" Scarsboro GC was, yet I could make a putt... one of the birdie putts I missed was from two freakin' feet!!??

In the end I was proud of myself for not rage quitting. This was a lesson in how to not take putts, of any sort, too lightly. I just tried to take the break out of everything under 6 feet and still missed on the low side of the hole on each.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Just curious is this game really fun for you guys shooting -double digits every round? Are you on the hardest club set?
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:Just curious is this game really fun for you guys shooting -double digits every round? Are you on the hardest club set?
I'll defer to those shooting double digits under par every round on this :) Actually, I'm a very hot and cold player since last December, after the final update. I went from shooting a 57 in a Casuals Golf Club tournament round to an 81, in my next round :o I appreciate the double digit under par round when I get it, because I know the next one will likely be on in which I struggle to break par. This game is mostly down to putting and holing chip shots out, IMO. I might hole one chip every 20 attempts, whereas many others seem to do it one out of every 8 attempts.

I'm missing a lot of 3 to 6 foot putts here of late and that is very uncommon for me. It's actually affected me mentally, as I'm sizing up a 5 foot birdie putt... I just KNOW in my subconscious mind that I'm going to miss it on the low side... and I do :?