The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by DivotMaker »

Rodster wrote:Any indications or confirmations that TGC is now a yearly sports release?
No.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Couple screenshots released today, one on facebook and one on twitter:

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It’s looking more PC like finally...

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

How about a confirmation that it will be optimized for the XB1X.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Diablo25 wrote:How about a confirmation that it will be optimized for the XB1X.
Nothing yet.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

They're being pretty conspicuous in their avoidance of this question in the official forum, even though the biggest thread in any of the platform specific sections (with over 10,450 page views and 449 replies) is about XBox One X enhancement for TGC 2019.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:It’s looking more PC like finally...
Also keep in mind... those screen shots have Depth of Field in effect. The trees in the distance won't look that blurry when you turn DOF off.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
10spro wrote:It’s looking more PC like finally...
Also keep in mind... those screen shots have Depth of Field in effect. The trees in the distance won't look that blurry when you turn DOF off.
I always turn that off, I don't need the fake blurry distance view when I have the real thing with my aging eyesight. :P
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

J_Cauthen wrote:
They're being pretty conspicuous in their avoidance of this question in the official forum, even though the biggest thread in any of the platform specific sections (with over 10,450 page views and 449 replies) is about XBox One X enhancement for TGC 2019.
I think the reason HBS have not yet responded with more information is that optimization is normally the last thing done just prior to release of the game.

Now, we can only assume that either there will not be optimizations for XBox One X (and/or 4K/HDR additions) in TGC 2019 or that they are still working on it. :?:

-MERACE

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

My take....it won’t be optimized. If it were they would be happy to pass on the info. It smells of the year NHL removed EASHL but didn’t announce it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:My take....it won’t be optimized. If it were they would be happy to pass on the info. It smells of the year NHL removed EASHL but didn’t announce it.
My gut feeling is they're going to do something that will require a panel of judges to qualify it as an XBox One X enhancement. The best I can see happening is an image quality or performance mode option in the graphics settings. With the image quality setting, they might have something like a native 1440p res, that will ultimately get upscaled to 2160p, either by the XBox One X, or your HDTV... depending on your choice. I saw in the stress test beta that 1440p upscaled to 2160p, does indeed look better than 1080p, upscaled to 2160p. The downside is that I don't *think* this would be delivered at 60 FPS, more along the lines of 35 to 40 FPS.

The "performance" option would deliver a steady 60 FPS, with nothing more than the "X's" obligatory supersampling and 16X anisotropic filtering being the only facelift from the XBox One S.

I hope I'm wrong and there will be a full 4K/HDR selection, but after seeing what a 200%, 1080p render scale, which is in essence 2160p, did to the frame rates in the stress test on my PC, I don't think the XBox One X could deliver the game at a playable frame rate at native 2160p res.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:TPC Southwind Hole 18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7PX5aQrsrU

A couple of things worth noting here:

1.) This video is limited to 1080p, whereas the prior two were capable of 2160p
2.) The clubset being used in the video is "Pro", which is the medium difficulty.

Producer Shaun West emphasized in the official forum that they had multiple takes to get the shot result they wanted, thus it probably looks a little easier than it actually is. With the HUD blanked out and no swing feedback, it's hard to assess what really went on with this shot. The wind did appear to almost be dead though...

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Someone at OS mentioned that in the beta they found greens to be hard and fast, like in the current game. Does this seem accurate?
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Aristo wrote:Someone at OS mentioned that in the beta they found greens to be hard and fast, like in the current game. Does this seem accurate?
Variable conditions were not yet enabled in the Stress Test.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Is there a course list?

Any indication that Augusta will be in it?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Its essentially a month from release. These minute long videos are nice and all but release some real damn info. The lack of XB1X enhancement info is just stupid. Yes or No...not hard. I’ll still be getting the game regardless but stop dragging your feet.

Yeah, I am impatient shoot me :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Sudz wrote:Is there a course list?

Any indication that Augusta will be in it?
Six licensed TPC Courses for certain and some in-house fictional courses.

Licensed Augusta? No., but you can bet on at least two versions from TGC2 being ported over which should be very good.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Diablo25 wrote:Its essentially a month from release. These minute long videos are nice and all but release some real damn info. The lack of XB1X enhancement info is just stupid. Yes or No...not hard. I’ll still be getting the game regardless but stop dragging your feet.

Yeah, I am impatient shoot me :D

Agreed. Confounding approach to marketing their game. I though Maximum Games was the issue with TGC2 marketing and now I am not so sure.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

The Golf Club 2019 Exclusive Gameplay - TPC Deere Run Match Play vs Devs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxTGSYPuIVs

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

This from Shaun:

"1600p on PS4 Pro and 4K on Xbox One X. Each platform also has higher graphics settings than the their standard counterparts. On PS4 Pro, the UI and the game is being output at 4K, however it’s being rendered at 1600p. We’re doing this is to maintain 30fps while also increasing the object detail on the high end platforms. Increase the object detail and running at 1600p results in a significantly better visual quality than running the standard version at 4K. It’s important to know that 4K standard (3840×2160) refers to the number of pixels being drawn on-screen. It’s not an intrinsic image quality metric and it doesn’t say anything about the level of detail. This is why it’s critical for us to push for higher object detail as this is what’s creating a cleaner and crisper visual experience for the user."
Waiting for confirmation from Shaun, but this is what it sounds like he is saying:

TGC2019 will render at 1600p on PS4 Pro and 4K on X1X.

PS4 Pro: UI and game is output at 4K, but being rendered at 1600p to maintain 30 fps framerates while increasing object detail. Rendering at 1600p, then letting the Pro hardware upscale the output to 4K is what I am deciphering here.

X1X: I am guessing the game is being rendered at 4K and output at 4K.

Stay tuned as I get more clarification.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.p ... #msg300677

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Perhaps this is old but it is the first extended gameplay clip I have seen and it is in 4K. If the news is true that the game will render in 4K on the XB1X then this is what the game should look like. Looks damn nice.

https://youtu.be/v2O-Y12vd6E

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

After watching the video it looks like the option to move your landing target while in shot zoom is available. Or maybe I am missing something.

Near the end of the video they show some PGA Career menus, etc. Sponsors progression is shown. Looks solid.

Draw distance looks great. Hope it all comes together. I am pretty excited after watching this video and the one below.
Last edited by Diablo25 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

More Gameplay. Full 18 holes. The dev addresses what I mentioned about the target reticle above. They talk about it around the 3:50 mark. Looks like several new camera angles are in there also. The off center one is pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/WxTGSYPuIVs

PSN Name - EPDiablo25