The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

The Golf Club 2019

Post by DivotMaker »

Here you go boys.....

http://www.thegolfclub2019.com/

Amazing what happens when you take the publisher (Maximum Games) handcuffs off and get back to controlling your own destiny....

This one will be Early Access just like TGC 1 was.....

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by Rodster »

I just hope they correct the wonky putting physics. I know some of you guys are aces with this game but I have rage quit several times due to putting the ball on the green and me yelling at the screen, NO WAY ! :lol:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Nice to see. I am assuming its an early 2019 release? I have been meaning to get back into TGC2.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Diablo25 wrote:Nice to see. I am assuming its an early 2019 release? I have been meaning to get back into TGC2.
Q3.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

DivotMaker wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Nice to see. I am assuming its an early 2019 release? I have been meaning to get back into TGC2.
Q3.
Ooooh. Color me excited.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

It better be optimized for the XB1X!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I was totally shocked by this announcement today. They have gone beyond my wildest expectations for the items they're addressing with TGC 2019. Having real time multiplayer available for this game with expanded game types is going to expand the appeal of the game so much. I find it a chore to play online presently, but now that they're requiring XBox Live and PS Plus for Online Matchmaking and Private Matches, I'm sure it will be a game changing innovation. I just hope we can play real time multiplayer in Society tournament rounds.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:It better be optimized for the XB1X!
I posed that question today in the official forum. Here's the answer I got:

"This is down to our optimisations guys and they haven’t yet taken the time to investigate this and how it works with the latest version of Unity. SpeedTree has been the priority so far."

They'll be foolish not to go 4K HDR for the XBox One X, IMO.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

J_Cauthen wrote: I just hope we can play real time multiplayer in Society tournament rounds.
Ditto. :P

The improved career mode and a variety of online modes such as Skinz has me excited for sure.

4K HDR visuals are a must.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

How does one become a beta tester?

So no swing calibration still?

With the various game modes it would now be possible to play a Ryder Cup event it seems unless I am missing something.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Danimal wrote:How does one become a beta tester?

With the various game modes it would now be possible to play a Ryder Cup event it seems unless I am missing something.
No Beta this version.

It will be on Early Access for PC sometime late April/early May.....

Ryder Cup would be best served waiting for the new version as the current version does not have the proper online MP game modes supported. TGC 2019 is supposed to.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:How does one become a beta tester?

Yeah, no beta test this time around, but as Tim says... Early Access version come late April.

All they've said so far regarding the swing is this: "The tuning we have done and will continue to make leading up to release has a very different, and natural feel to the swing. The tempo at its core has not changed." But that paints a pretty broad picture... who knows what that could mean, I would hope that it's a bit more nuanced and perhaps even acceleration dependent than what we have now.

I think they're closer to supporting a Ryder Cup type competition as it now stands. I think they'll evolve on that and possibly even through updates from the drift I'm getting.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yeah I meant in 2019 with those modes and MP support it should be possible
Follow Me on:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So match play is only in Alt Shot? No straight up match play or did I hear that wrong?
Follow Me on:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Danimal wrote:So match play is only in Alt Shot? No straight up match play or did I hear that wrong?
Golf Report interview with HB Studios:
CM: Online matchmaking has made it way into the series and was one of the more in-demand features. How will matchmaking operate and what modes will be available?

AB: Every match type in The Golf Club 2019 will be available in matchmaking but they will be split into four different options such as Mode Of The Day, Singles, Teams, and Wagers. We have stroke play, Stableford, match play, fourball, alt shot and skins so basically these six types will cycle through the corresponding filters for matchmaking. We will be able to see data on what the most popular match types are so we can surface the best match types for players.

http://gpgolfreport.com/2018/03/18/qa-g ... an-bunker/

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:
Danimal wrote:So match play is only in Alt Shot? No straight up match play or did I hear that wrong?
Golf Report interview with HB Studios:
CM: Online matchmaking has made it way into the series and was one of the more in-demand features. How will matchmaking operate and what modes will be available?

AB: Every match type in The Golf Club 2019 will be available in matchmaking but they will be split into four different options such as Mode Of The Day, Singles, Teams, and Wagers. We have stroke play, Stableford, match play, fourball, alt shot and skins so basically these six types will cycle through the corresponding filters for matchmaking. We will be able to see data on what the most popular match types are so we can surface the best match types for players.

http://gpgolfreport.com/2018/03/18/qa-g ... an-bunker/
TBC 2019's online multiplayer support is going to be vastly better than what we have in TGC 2. Not only is it going to be easier to create and invite players to a match such that everyone hits the tee at the same time, they're going to stay in sync, in real time... it's going to actually be "live", compared to the 2 to 7 second time warp in which we now play.

I also love having match play back to working the way it should work. It's just a shame that they won't be building an option for players to arrange match play games within the context of a Society match play ladder or competition. That would mix things up a bit and make medal and match play more interesting, IMO.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Dev Talk #3 on the Swing in TGC 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEI0PYq ... N0E69JCl-6

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks for the info Divot. So from i've read this will now launch sometime in August and it will include 6 TPC golf courses. Are they planning on having the same setup as before where you can download courses from the community?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:
Huge news for TGD 2019, and the future of this franchise! I'm not much of a career mode player myself, but I know plenty who are. It will be cool to have authentic PGA TOUR licensed courses, even if it's only six to start with.

OTOH, I missed the finish of what was playing like a great tournament in this weeks DSP 72 holer. I thought I could watch the Rockets/Warriors game to completion and then play my final round. I woke up in my recliner at 04:30 AM this morning, realizing I'd missed the deadline :(

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Rodster wrote:
Thanks for the info Divot. So from i've read this will now launch sometime in August and it will include 6 TPC golf courses. Are they planning on having the same setup as before where you can download courses from the community?
Yes, they plan to have an upgraded course architect still as the backbone of the TGC experience.

The rest of the game is evolving as well.

I see this as a HUGE step forward for the franchise like JC.....

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Not sure what to think, I'd prefer they work on making the game better as I can think of a number of items that need addressing. Like collision with trees and spectators, actually enforcing proper drop rules, a much better putting and chipping model and some way to get scores in the believable range.

However licensing will increase sales (theoretically) which will be good for the series. It would be nice to see PGA scoring banners and signage on the course etc.
Follow Me on: