The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by Diablo25 »

Haha,just realized Vader posted these vid yesterday. Oh well, excitement got the best of me. :oops: 8)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Getting tired of waiting on a release date announcement.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:Getting tired of waiting on a release date announcement.
I think the reason they can't announce it yet is because the game hasn't passed certification from Sony and/or Microsoft yet. Their last Instagram post on the release date subject said they are still waiting on approval.

Also, they made a vague announcement in their official forum today that read thusly:

There is a reason we haven't made any official announcement yet, and it's a good one. Bear with us. We are still planning to launch in August.

So whatever this means... I honestly have no clue, but my guess would be a cover golfer. Since they're a Canadian developer I thought they might go for someone like Mike Weir, for whatever notoriety that would bring. He's Canadian and he's a former Masters Champion. Who knows though... whatever it is I hope it doesn't hold up release beyond the time both console versions are certified.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Getting tired of waiting on a release date announcement.
I think the reason they can't announce it yet is because the game hasn't passed certification from Sony and/or Microsoft yet. Their last Instagram post on the release date subject said they are still waiting on approval.

Also, they made a vague announcement in their official forum today that read thusly:

There is a reason we haven't made any official announcement yet, and it's a good one. Bear with us. We are still planning to launch in August.

So whatever this means... I honestly have no clue, but my guess would be a cover golfer. Since they're a Canadian developer I thought they might go for someone like Mike Weir, for whatever notoriety that would bring. He's Canadian and he's a former Masters Champion. Who knows though... whatever it is I hope it doesn't hold up release beyond the time both console versions are certified.
Yeah, I check in over there about once a day to see if they post any info. A cover athlete would be a waste of $$$ in my opinion. Come on MS/Sony - aprove this b*tch! :D

Tuesday Aug 6th release would suit me just fine.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

When is the release date for the PC ?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:When is the release date for the PC ?
Nothing has been firmly stated yet...only “August". I am assuming that it is coming out on all platforms, PC, Xbox one, PlayStation 4 at the same time.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Diablo25 wrote:
Rodster wrote:When is the release date for the PC ?
Nothing has been firmly stated yet...only “August". I am assuming that it is coming out on all platforms, PC, Xbox one, PlayStation 4 at the same time.
Good assumption.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

One of the official replies I read said that it would be a simultaneous release across all three platforms.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Diablo25 wrote:Haha,just realized Vader posted these vid yesterday. Oh well, excitement got the best of me. :oops: 8)

I'm liking the look of this version more and more. The commentary seems to be passable, at least. Might make fans of the original mad, as they lose the "humor" but it's not replaced by anything engaging, at all.

But this does seem more polished. hopefully they make good use of the PGA license. I hope their official courses are better than the user and generic courses the past games have had. And yeah, don't waste a dime on a cover athlete.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Alan from HB posted an update today. Still no release date but a solid, positive statement.
Hi all,

As everyone is aware, we haven’t yet announced an exact release day for The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR.

While this can be a little frustrating for some people, you can be assured that there is good reason for this. We see speculation on why this is, we see some unnecessary criticism (we called the quarter, we then called the month, and we’re still saying August, so our communication on this matter has always been accurate). Things may change but this is still what we’re tracking to today.

And while we’re in a position where we can’t yet specify the exact date for reasons only known internally – regardless of what others may think they know – these reasons are very good and very positive ones, which will benefit the game, the franchise and its fans.

It does mean the time between announcing the date to release will be short, so be sure to keep an eye on the forum and our social media channels for the information once it’s made available.

We’re excited about getting the game into the hands of the fans, there’s not long to wait now. We know the frustration is largely enthusiasm brimming over and we love the passion. I’m confident it’ll be worth the wait.

Thanks for your patience and your support.

Alan.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Maybe they are waiting for a possible inclusion to Xbox Gamepass. Seems like some sort of licensing issue, but who knows?
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sorry if you clicked this expecting to see a release date announcement :)

Alan from HB responded to a post about why the price hasn’t been announced. Hey, it’s SOME info.
Waiting for a discount doesn't support the team so well - it's your call but we'd prefer you didn't! And yes, different environment this time around - don't expect the game to go on sale anywhere near as quickly as the last one. There's nothing to worry about overall. Day and price will be announced at the same time. We have good reason for not announcing this just yet.

We ran some great articles and gameplay videos last month with Op Sports, SGO, GameReactor and ApexHound.

A bit of a halt on info now has nothing to do with any concerns about the game. It's about business dealings behind the scenes.

Thanks.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Diablo25 wrote:Sorry if you clicked this expecting to see a release date announcement :)

Alan from HB responded to a post about why the price hasn’t been announced. Hey, it’s SOME info.
Waiting for a discount doesn't support the team so well - it's your call but we'd prefer you didn't! And yes, different environment this time around - don't expect the game to go on sale anywhere near as quickly as the last one. There's nothing to worry about overall. Day and price will be announced at the same time. We have good reason for not announcing this just yet.

We ran some great articles and gameplay videos last month with Op Sports, SGO, GameReactor and ApexHound.

A bit of a halt on info now has nothing to do with any concerns about the game. It's about business dealings behind the scenes.

Thanks.
That sounds a lot like those infomercials, CALL NOW WITHIN 20 MINS TO RECEIVE YOUR DISCOUNT AND FREE GIFT, OPERATORS ARE WAITING, DON'T DELAY OR YOU COULD MISS OUT. Calls in 36 hours later, no problem. :lol:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Transparency is the #1 thing a company should strive for with their customers. They have now set the expectation for some big announcement because they are working behind the scenes on business dealings. If the Big Announcement is some cover athlete or some other thing people could give 2 shits about they will take backlash.

When you're the perky up and coming company, everyone loves you. Once you start acting like the big boys, expect the negativity when you don't deliver.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I realize I am behaving like a brat but I am losing patience on this release date thing. I just think the fact that they havent announce the price or date yet is just a poor choice.

s***, put out a new video, do a stream of the game on Twitch...something.

...As y’all were.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

This was posted this morning by a TGC 2 You Tuber named "Early-1981". It's been confirmed as legit, and two other TGC You Tubers have also weighed in to confirm they'll be getting Early Access versions of TGC 2019 for demonstration vids by the weekend, or early next week. Starting to look like a release date of the 28th, based on this:

Hey guys I'm sure everyone is really excited about getting onto the virtual course with TGC2019. I certainly cant wait. HB_Studios have very kindly gave me early access to the game which I will be showcasing on my channel as much as possible. If you don't want to miss out on the action check out my YouTube Channel and hit subscribe for all things TC2019 related. Cheers https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC669ly ... r0SDUsjkCg
Check out my poll and give a vote

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

J_Cauthen wrote:This was posted this morning by a TGC 2 You Tuber named "Early-1981". It's been confirmed as legit, and two other TGC You Tubers have also weighed in to confirm they'll be getting Early Access versions of TGC 2019 for demonstration vids by the weekend, or early next week. Starting to look like a release date of the 28th, based on this:

Hey guys I'm sure everyone is really excited about getting onto the virtual course with TGC2019. I certainly cant wait. HB_Studios have very kindly gave me early access to the game which I will be showcasing on my channel as much as possible. If you don't want to miss out on the action check out my YouTube Channel and hit subscribe for all things TC2019 related. Cheers https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC669ly ... r0SDUsjkCg
Hopefully the game is out for everyone by the first week of September as I will have the entire week off from work. :)
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I played and corresponded with ‘Early-1981’ in his society, I think he’s a Welsh guy that’s got a lot of passion for the game as well. He’s legit, has a solid fan base and yeah, it’s starting to look like early September for back to school, just when things start getting busy for us. :twisted:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:This was posted this morning by a TGC 2 You Tuber named "Early-1981". It's been confirmed as legit, and two other TGC You Tubers have also weighed in to confirm they'll be getting Early Access versions of TGC 2019 for demonstration vids by the weekend, or early next week. Starting to look like a release date of the 28th, based on this:

Yep, I saw that this morning. I subscribed to his page. Just gimme the game :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

TGC 2019 will release 8/21/18 according to ID@Xbox.com... here's the link:

http://www.idatxbox.com/2018/08/17/rele ... ust-20-24/

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Umm that's in 4 days. Shouldn't they announce it today then?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:Umm that's in 4 days. Shouldn't they announce it today then?
I would have thought they would have announced it the day it got certified by Microsoft and Sony. HBS is backing away from this in the official forum by saying "we can't always control what others publish about us" in response to this news thread there. XBox.com is the merchant who's going to be selling their product for them. I would think they would know the date they're going to put the product on the shelf, especially when they've already had it in their hands.

HBS' handling of this product release has been a real head-scratcher :?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Good news. Perhaps the lack of confirmation from HB is related to the “news” they’ve been finalizing? The 21st could have been their original target date and this “news” could be reason for a lack of confirmation. Hope to be whooping 10s and Vader’s ass in match play on Tuesday evening :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:Good news. Perhaps the lack of confirmation from HB is related to the “news” they’ve been finalizing? The 21st could have been their original target date and this “news” could be reason for a lack of confirmation. Hope to be whooping 10s and Vader’s ass in match play on Tuesday evening :D
Bring it baby.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Good news. Perhaps the lack of confirmation from HB is related to the “news” they’ve been finalizing? The 21st could have been their original target date and this “news” could be reason for a lack of confirmation. Hope to be whooping 10s and Vader’s ass in match play on Tuesday evening :D
Bring it baby.
I’ll bring my +4 :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25