The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by Diablo25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Just an FYI to anyone looking to experiment with creating courses using the Lidar tool, etc. I just ran across this guys page on YouTube. He has plenty of videos helping with design.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGyylY ... GNZ_ENNiTQ
Mucho Thanko Bill; that's exactly what I need!
No problem. I plan on watching some of his videos this weekend.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

After the 2nd hole this morning I am speechless. I am putting for Par in front of green uphill and hit it and for up about an inch short and guess what the ball tolls all the way back down to my feet. Well after a minute or so of shaking my head I try it again and hit it a little harder and go 3 feet by and this time it start coming back again and I think maybe it will go in but no it comes all the way back down to my feet again. At this point I take a walk and cool off. When I return I try again and this time it hits the stick and goes in. Well first the round is over as you my temper won't allow me to recover from that and I spend the rest of the round trying to figure out how that happened especially with soft and slow. I think I will hold off on pre ordering 2K1 till I find out if this gets fixed because if it doesn't it's no more than putting lipstick on the problem with a new release. Just very frustrating.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:After the 2nd hole this morning I am speechless. I am putting for Par in front of green uphill and hit it and for up about an inch short and guess what the ball tolls all the way back down to my feet. Well after a minute or so of shaking my head I try it again and hit it a little harder and go 3 feet by and this time it start coming back again and I think maybe it will go in but no it comes all the way back down to my feet again. At this point I take a walk and cool off. When I return I try again and this time it hits the stick and goes in. Well first the round is over as you my temper won't allow me to recover from that and I spend the rest of the round trying to figure out how that happened especially with soft and slow. I think I will hold off on pre ordering 2K1 till I find out if this gets fixed because if it doesn't it's no more than putting lipstick on the problem with a new release. Just very frustrating.
I encountered the same problem as you in round 1, and this is with slow greens!? The slopes on the greens of this course are excessive and not realistic. I'm thinking that this course was created using LiDAR, but if it is, something went wrong in the process. I see way too much yellow in the grid lines here and more red than I've seen on any of the fantasy courses.

I didn't vet this course to the degree I usually do. If I had played just the first two holes, I'd have avoided setting a tournament here. I was going to set it at Medalist Golf Club in Hobe Sound, where the Tiger, Manning Vs. Brady/Mickelson charity match is taking place this weekend, but the TGC 2019 recreation of that course had too much of an auto-gen look to me so I backed away from it after playing three holes.

Looking ahead it appears that we are going to be blessed with some quality recreations of the PGA TOUR season stops starting next week. I'll continue Vader's tradition of sticking with them for the weekly tournament, unless we just have one that's clearly not up to snuff.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

J_Cauthen wrote:
Greensboronclion wrote:After the 2nd hole this morning I am speechless. I am putting for Par in front of green uphill and hit it and for up about an inch short and guess what the ball tolls all the way back down to my feet. Well after a minute or so of shaking my head I try it again and hit it a little harder and go 3 feet by and this time it start coming back again and I think maybe it will go in but no it comes all the way back down to my feet again. At this point I take a walk and cool off. When I return I try again and this time it hits the stick and goes in. Well first the round is over as you my temper won't allow me to recover from that and I spend the rest of the round trying to figure out how that happened especially with soft and slow. I think I will hold off on pre ordering 2K1 till I find out if this gets fixed because if it doesn't it's no more than putting lipstick on the problem with a new release. Just very frustrating.
I encountered the same problem as you in round 1, and this is with slow greens!? The slopes on the greens of this course are excessive and not realistic. I'm thinking that this course was created using LiDAR, but if it is, something went wrong in the process. I see way too much yellow in the grid lines here and more red than I've seen on any of the fantasy courses.

I didn't vet this course to the degree I usually do. If I had played just the first two holes, I'd have avoided setting a tournament here. I was going to set it at Medalist Golf Club in Hobe Sound, where the Tiger, Manning Vs. Brady/Mickelson charity match is taking place this weekend, but the TGC 2019 recreation of that course had too much of an auto-gen look to me so I backed away from it after playing three holes.

Looking ahead it appears that we are going to be blessed with some quality recreations of the PGA TOUR season stops starting next week. I'll continue Vader's tradition of sticking with them for the weekly tournament, unless we just have one that's clearly not up to snuff.

Glad to see I was not alone in encountering that problem. Yeah just way to much slope but it's not your fault as you can't text everything and it happens sometimes. Just frustrating as we both know.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I must have meant the 2nd hole on my last post. The cup was at the peak of a 13 inch drop. Sounds like the same thing I went through when I got my quadruple bogey.

I have played numerous created courses where the unrealistic slopes on greens (especially fast greens) have ruined an otherwise enjoyable course.

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

JOZ wrote:
I must have meant the 2nd hole on my last post. The cup was at the peak of a 13 inch drop. Sounds like the same thing I went through when I got my quadruple bogey.

I have played numerous created courses where the unrealistic slopes on greens (especially fast greens) have ruined an otherwise enjoyable course.
It's pin positions like that which normally causes me to rage quit my round.

Thankfully, I resisted the urge this time. :wink:

-MERACE

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Yea that pin placement on 2 was bullshit. Double bogey on that.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

fsquid wrote:Yea that pin placement on 2 was bullshit. Double bogey on that.
It was perhaps the worst pin placement I've ever seen. Can you imagine if we hadn't have been playing slow greens in this tournament how bad that would have been!?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I'm going to set up this week's daily tournaments at three courses which I think are all top notch. Monday we'll be at Old Faroe Dunes 2020, Tuesday at Michigan Falls 2020, and Wednesday at Austin Country Club. DSP'ers will have their work cut out at Michigan Falls 2020, as MERACE (Mark) always seems to have a home court advantage in his home state courses... not that I'm trying to give anyone some bulletin board material! 8) :mrgreen:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote:
JOZ wrote:

It's pin positions like that which normally causes me to rage quit my round.

Thankfully, I resisted the urge this time. :wink:

-MERACE
Sometimes there's a very fine line between rage quitting and greatness :) That was a very good win on a frustrating course.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
fsquid wrote:Yea that pin placement on 2 was bullshit. Double bogey on that.
It was perhaps the worst pin placement I've ever seen. Can you imagine if we hadn't have been playing slow greens in this tournament how bad that would have been!?
I had to hit a 120 foot shot for a 10 footer to go in on that hole. Yea I shot a 5+ on that hole.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Was this a "Game Pass" game for a while? I have the icon in my "games". When I try to open it, says it's installed, but I don't own it. Not sure how else it could been installed.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

greggsand wrote:Was this a "Game Pass" game for a while? I have the icon in my "games". When I try to open it, says it's installed, but I don't own it. Not sure how else it could been installed.
It was free for xbox live gold members with games with gold in May of last year, not sure if it was ever on game pass.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

J_Cauthen wrote:I'm going to set up this week's daily tournaments at three courses which I think are all top notch. Monday we'll be at Old Faroe Dunes 2020, Tuesday at Michigan Falls 2020, and Wednesday at Austin Country Club. DSP'ers will have their work cut out at Michigan Falls 2020, as MERACE (Mark) always seems to have a home court advantage in his home state courses... not that I'm trying to give anyone some bulletin board material! 8) :mrgreen:
Ha, ha. :lol:

I think the reason I seem to play better on Michigan inspired course s is that I’m more interested and immersed while playing them.

As for my recent tournament win, that’s definitely not the norm for me. I’m normally fighting to avoid a last place finish on the leaderboards. :|

I usually play my rounds late at night and often fall asleep during my round. :oops: However, my wife has been gracious lately by letting me play TGC 2019 and Red Dead Redemption 2 during the daytime.
8)

-MERACE

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It was buttery smooth for me at Old Faroe yesterday, not so much today in Michigan. Loved the course though, just couldn’t get into the groove as it was constantly laggy for me.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:23 pm
It was buttery smooth for me at Old Faroe yesterday, not so much today in Michigan. Loved the course though, just couldn’t get into the groove as it was constantly laggy for me.
Those 59's that you and Vader posted were phenomenal! I had trouble putting that course for some reason. I didn't have any lag to speak of during that round, other than the lag between my brain and the putter. I haven't played today's round yet, but I'm determined to not 3-putt in it if at all possible.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Tonight at Austin golf course I was giving an example of how not to putt. On one par 4 I had 7 ft for eagle and 3 putt. On another par 4 I 3 putt for par. In three yes three par 5's I was putting for eagle and made par. And with all that I still shot 7 under. I think I am going to buy a box of Xbox controllers as at this rate I will be breaking a lot of them. :lol: Great course tho and so was last night's also.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 pm
Tonight at Austin golf course I was giving an example of how not to putt. On one par 4 I had 7 ft for eagle and 3 putt. On another par 4 I 3 putt for par. In three yes three par 5's I was putting for eagle and made par. And with all that I still shot 7 under. I think I am going to buy a box of Xbox controllers as at this rate I will be breaking a lot of them. :lol: Great course tho and so was last night's also.
Wish you all could see me putting on hole 3 (par4). I believe I had a par putt at 7 feet. 6 putts later I ended up with a 9. After the third putt, the room was in trouble. But it was pretty comical after that. Finished with a -6, which wasn't bad considering that debacle.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

JOZ wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:57 pm
Greensboronclion wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 pm
Wish you all could see me putting on hole 3 (par4). I believe I had a par putt at 7 feet. 6 putts later I ended up with a 9. After the third putt, the room was in trouble. But it was pretty comical after that. Finished with a -6, which wasn't bad considering that debacle.

We must both have the same putting coach. :lol: just to funny and the struggle is real my friend. :lol:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Interview with HB Studios:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PGA_Tour_2K/co ... _are_here/
r/PGA_Tour_2K Will we still have three difficulty levels by way of three different Club Sets (Beginner, Pro and Master)?

HB Studios No, the concept of Club Sets have been removed from the game. There will be more information as we approach launch about the depth of control each user will have over the way the game will play for them. Online play matchmaking will ensure that all players are using the same settings.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

vader29 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:14 pm
Interview with HB Studios:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PGA_Tour_2K/co ... _are_here/
r/PGA_Tour_2K Will we still have three difficulty levels by way of three different Club Sets (Beginner, Pro and Master)?

HB Studios No, the concept of Club Sets have been removed from the game. There will be more information as we approach launch about the depth of control each user will have over the way the game will play for them. Online play matchmaking will ensure that all players are using the same settings.

I view this as good and this way if your level 3 you will be playing against level 3. I use Master Clubs and it's harder but really not a big jump from Pro IMHO. I hope the swing itself is changed and the Perfect/Perfect goes away and we get a more precise and RTS type swing. Right now it's almost impossible to hit half shots and keep it straight and with an RTS type swing we can. If we could get the same swing PG has with this game it would be a real game changer and a big step forward so here is to hoping.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Here is the full interview
r/PGA_Tour_2K In online matches, will players be able to play "crossplay" with players on other platforms?
HB Studios There will not be any crossplay, but courses designed by our community can be shared across all platforms. Users will be able to import their courses from The Golf Club 2019 and edit them with the new tools and assets available before publishing them in PGA TOUR 2K21.
r/PGA_Tour_2K So, is equipment cosmetic-only, or does certain equipment increase your MYPLAYER attributes?
HB Studios All apparel items are cosmetic-only. The clubs you choose to assign to your Golf Bag will have an effect on course and we will go into more details for how this will work in the coming weeks.
r/PGA_Tour_2K Is there more officially sponsored equipment and apparel in the game?
HB Studios There is more licensed equipment in PGA TOUR 2K21. The game will have more licensed gear for your MYPLAYER to be outfitted with. We'll share more information at a later date.
r/PGA_Tour_2K By what methods can players unlock the new equipment and apparel?
HB Studios Apparel and Equipment can be unlocked by completing challenges in the game, and also by using in-game currency that can be earned or purchased. Purchase is not required to unlock new gear and items - you can earn in-game currency to unlock this content.
r/PGA_Tour_2K Is there Apparel and Equipment that is exclusively gained through Career Mode?
HB Studios Yes there are, and we will discuss Career Mode in more detail in the coming weeks.
r/PGA_Tour_2K Can players play as their favorite PGA TOUR Pros, or can they only play against them in Career Mode?
HB Studios Players will compete against the TOUR Pros throughout PGA TOUR Career Mode. We will talk more about this mode in the coming weeks - stay tuned!
r/PGA_Tour_2K Will the names of PGA TOUR Pros be used on the leaderboards in Career Mode?
HB Studios Yes, you will see the names of the licensed TOUR Pros on the leaderboards during PGA TOUR Career Mode.
r/PGA_Tour_2K Is there a LPGA Career Mode for the ladies?
HB Studios There is no LPGA Career Mode, but players can created female MYPLAYERs and compete in the PGA TOUR Career.
r/PGA_Tour_2K Will more PGA TOUR Pros be released at a later date?
HB Studios There will not be TOUR Pros available for purchase.
r/PGA_Tour_2K Will more officially licensed coursed be released at a later date?
HB Studios We will discuss post-launch content at a later date.
r/PGA_Tour_2K When creating their MYPLAYERs, will players be able to scan their faces into the game?
HB Studios Face scanning is not a feature in PGA TOUR 2K21 but you can customize the physical appearance of your MYPLAYER using the editing tool.
r/PGA_Tour_2K Will there be lobbies to find online matches?
HB Studios You will be able to set up private matches with your friends or compete in Matchmaking through various head-to-head and team formats.
r/PGA_Tour_2K Will there be an option to concede a hole or concede a putt in online play?
HB Studios There is an option to concede a hole to your opponent.
r/PGA_Tour_2K What new tools are available for Society managers?
HB Studios Society Managers will have more control over restrictions applied to each event and the event creation flow has been overhauled to help streamline creating events and building a season-long TOUR.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

It's starting to look like PGA TOUR 2K21 is going to be a bit more of a change than TGC 2019, v. 1.5. They've got concede hole covered, but it looks like they whiffed on concede putt, for match play. I'll be interested to see what they do with the club choices, seeing as they affect your performance out on the course, but not in the sense the current club sets do, somehow. I'm still very curious to see where they go with this.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Question for members. In mid June I head North till mid August to escape the heat and won't be playing in events till I return as my Xbox One won't be coming. I do also have TGC 2019 for PC and wondering is there a league you guys play at there if any of you have the game for PC. I play on my laptop in TGCC Tours and a few others but just checking if somewhere else is out there. Playing on my laptop is kind of neat as I have the Wireless adapter and enjoy it in the evenings playing that and some other games. Just checking and will appreciate any info.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Rob, at one time we had both a PC and XBox One Society going, but the numbers fell off on the PC side to where it wasn't practical to do it any more. It's a shame that they couldn't find a way to do cross-play in 2K21, but I do understand the differences they have to deal with in the way controllers are read on different platforms.