The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by vader29 »

3 eagles and a hole in one in today's daily but was still bothered by a double bogey on a par 3 where the ball rolled down the hill just barely into the water. :evil:
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I was in the mix until I saw your score drop to -8 all of the sudden. Still had an outside chance, but some of those late greens were rough to say the least. Nice round!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:03 pm
3 eagles and a hole in one in today's daily but was still bothered by a double bogey on a par 3 where the ball rolled down the hill just barely into the water. :evil:
Same thing happened to me on that hole. The ball rolled back a good 10 feet off the green to find the slope and then the additional 15 feet to the water. I almost triple bogeyed that hole, as I had to make a 10 foot putt for double!

I only played the first 3 holes of that course to test its playability. In retrospect I should have gone further, as I found at least 3 questionable pin placements. The course had an interesting tropical look to it, which was what drew me to it in the first place, but it was an average, at best golf course in terms of playability.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Saw this earlier today. Shows a little bit of how they scanned course data.

XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

^^^ I too found the video explaining how HBS scannned the courses in for PGA TOUR 2K21. :)

I loved the Developer Diaries and videos they released for TGC1 & 2. Hopefully, we’ll get more of the same...”soon”. :wink:

-MERACE

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I don't know how many of you might have caught this yesterday afternoon, but for a few hours there was a 14 minute, deeper dive gameplay unlisted video of 2K21 on PGA Tour 2K's YouTube channel. I saw it and it was similar to the 4 hole gameplay video we saw last month, but they went deeper into explaining how the swing works. They showed action from about 6 different courses, including Quail Hollow. It looked really good, IMO. The possibilities with the swing sound really intriguing, but I still have more questions about it.

One thing I did see was that the leaderboard at Quail Hollow showed scores of other real pro players who were NOT among the 12 Featured pros. That should help those who are interested in Career mode. I honestly thought on the 12 featured pros would have their names used on the leaderboard, with fictional players filling out the rest. There's going to be six levels of difficulty in 2K21, with club and aid choices beyond those that make it even more configurable.

Someone at 2K got wise to all the public views of the video and they removed it, but it's worth seeing for sure. It still didn't speak to Society and Multiplayer play, however.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

I pre ordered the PC version about a week ago and will be back playing Xbox One events next week. I really think this coming game will be a huge improvement and look forward to it but will hold off on console version till I play the PC version. Been playing this version on my laptop for last month on the road and really like playing with my laptop sitting in recliner using Xbox One wireless with the wireless adapter.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

2K has to be excited with Justin Thomas winning the St. Judes Classic today. He becomes the world number one less than three weeks before the game releases. I’m guessing their marketing department is scrambling right now. It’s good for the game.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Today's daily was probably the most satisfying single round I've played in a long time. Two bogey's (5&6) weren't enough to spoil my day... Really enjoyed the course...

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:52 pm
Today's daily was probably the most satisfying single round I've played in a long time. Two bogey's (5&6) weren't enough to spoil my day... Really enjoyed the course...
I had a double bogey and two bogeys in my round, but I enjoyed my round as well. Viscose Vale presented some tee shot planning that I didn't spend enough time with, and I paid for it. I didn't quite know how to classify this course. It had elements of parkland, highlands, and coastal... it made for an interesting look.

On the PGA TOUR 2K21 news front, we're going to have what looks to be 24 hour broadcasting of the Virtual Preview and it's aftermath, starting Thursday at 10:00 AM EDT. Respawn is planning to start his Twitch stream then and says we will go all day and into the night!? I remember when I used to have that kind of passion for gaming :) Popular course designer, CrazyCanuck1985, will be broadcasting most of the day starting Thursday morning and I'm sure he'll provide a very deep dive into the course designer.

It looks like I'm going to turn into a couch potato Thursday, but I am looking forward to seeing all the various perspectives on 2K21 from these guys.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Is the season over?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:40 pm
Is the season over?
Well dayum... I thought I had set the Harding Park tournament Tuesday night right after I set up Wednesday's daily. I'll fix it here in a few minutes!

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Sorry I haven’t been playing much as F1 2020 has been taking up most of my time. I did preorder the new game though!
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Evangelical GC had one of the most unrealistic greens I’ve experienced in awhile. Was going -2 at hole #12 when I was only 48 yards away from securing at least a par. Pitched the shot just 3 yards away from the flag only to watch the ball roll helplessly and unrealistically into the rough, then the wood and eventually water city.

So I proceeded with flopping a 40 yarder instead only to see the exact result with about 6 yards away this time from the flag. Ended up with a quadruple.

Experiences like this one makes me crave for 2K21 and make those spin shots work for once with such slippery greens like this course.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Nice rounds today on Salt Creek fsquid and Vader. Tied at -11 under (you were the only two that had played)

I was -2 after the first nine thinking I didn't have much of a chance. Killed myself with 2 bogeys. Ended up shooting -8 on the back 9 and missed a chip for eagle on the 18th green by maybe an inch to tie. It was a blast trying to chase you guys down.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Well I said goodbye to the game with an -8. Let's see if it holds!

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

fsquid wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:27 pm
I had a chance to tie you with an eagle putt on the par 4 18th hole but ended up with a birdie.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

fsquid wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:27 pm
Posted a -9!!

I'm sure Major will win it as usual, but that was a good round to close out the game with. Bring on 2K21!

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Nope. After +3 on the first 5 holes, I'm ready to move on :D

See you guys on 2k1. Looking forward to it!

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I'm still claiming the final season championship