The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by MERACE »

Very frustrating round with borderline unfair greens (lots of yellow grid lines). :x :evil:

-MERACE

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:22 pm
Very frustrating round with borderline unfair greens (lots of yellow grid lines). :x :evil:
For sure... I used 10 putts/chips on holes 10, 12, and 18. My approach shot to 18 came up 15 yards short. I chipped up to above the tier, only to watch my ball roll all the way back to beyond where I started, leaving me a 17 yard chip for par!? :evil: I wish there had been a LiDAR version of this course. What I saw on the 18th green yesterday didn't look like anything I saw during the Rocket Mortgage tournament yesterday. Overall, there was just too much yellow grids, too close to the holes for pin set 4. The course looked pretty good, but the greens were inconsistent.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Sorry about my screw-up in scheduling Tuesday's event for 2, 18 hole rounds. For some reason, I thought Lightkeepers Patch was a 9-hole course, and scheduled it for two rounds with the idea of playing 18 holes total. It was a tough par 3 course and an interesting one, but I had grown weary of it after 36 holes there in about 50 minutes! :?

Tomorrow's daily will be at another friendBOMBER course; this is Highland Meadows GC, near Toledo, Ohio. I've only got it set for 18 holes :)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Some more upgrades for my sim. Finished epoxying the floor and picked up a 55” 4K from Walmart. Mounted the 55” and the 43” I was using. They are both Roku TVs so I can stream pretty much anything including my Comcast/Xfinity channels to the garage. :D

XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Nice setup man. Remind me again of that guy in youtube you were referring to.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I’ve been playing in an online tour society with my sim so each week I try and play the upcoming course on the Xbox to get a feel for things. I came in 2nd in this past week’s tournament. I shot a -5 (68, 69) at Deere Run (-8 with adjusted handicap). I am really enjoying playing without the scout cam. I have everything else on but turning off the scout cam adds another layer of realism. Love it. I plan on streaming my practice round at Muirfiled later today so I’ll post it if anyone cares :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:12 am
I’ve been playing in an online tour society with my sim so each week I try and play the upcoming course on the Xbox to get a feel for things. I came in 2nd in this past week’s tournament. I shot a -5 (68, 69) at Deere Run (-8 with adjusted handicap). I am really enjoying playing without the scout cam. I have everything else on but turning off the scout cam adds another layer of realism. Love it. I plan on streaming my practice round at Muirfiled later today so I’ll post it if anyone cares :D
Looks like you've got it going on there Diablo! Just curious, how much do you think you've got wrapped up in your setup altogether? And yes, I'd like to see your practice round at Muirfield.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Sorry for the mixup concerning the venue for this past weeks 36 hole tournament. I went to the PGA Tour 2020 schedule last week before setting it up, and it showed Deere Run as the venue... in fact it still shows it as that this week. It shows the Memorial at Muirfield Village this week right now, and this is on the PGA TOUR's official website. I must have missed something... are they indeed playing Muirfield two weeks in a row? I want to make sure I don't blow it this week :wink:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:13 am
Diablo25 wrote:
Looks like you've got it going on there Diablo! Just curious, how much do you think you've got wrapped up in your setup altogether? And yes, I'd like to see your practice round at Muirfield.
All in all over the past 4-5 years I’ve probably spent like $4-5k. Ball parking it. I needed a new laptop so I got a gaming laptop to kill two birds with one stone. The SkyTrak ($1600) and the laptop ($1000 +\-) were the big purchases. Upgrading the setup has become somewhat addictive though.

I’ll try and post the link to my practice round later. I was taking mulligans all over to get a feel for some shots before playing the actual tournament. Don’t think it’s finished uploading to YouTube yet.
Last edited by Diablo25 on Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

I’m curious as to how many play a practice round before their official Society tournament rounds?

I normally do NOT play a practice round. I barely have enough time to play my tournament rounds and often do not finish them. 😞

-MERACE

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I never play a practice round, just a few practice swings on the first hole tee.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:05 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:13 am
Diablo25 wrote:
All in all over the past 4-5 years I’ve probably spent like $4-5k. Ball parking it. I needed a new laptop so I got a gaming laptop to kill two birds with one stone. The SkyTrak ($1600) and the laptop ($1000 +\-) were the big purchases. Upgrading the setup has become somewhat addictive though.

I’ll try and post the link to my practice round later. I was taking mulligans all over to get a feel for some shots before playing the actual tournament. Don’t think it’s finished uploading to YouTube yet.
Here is my practice round today. Like I said I was being aggressive and trying different shots on some holes. I took numerous mulligans. The greens were set to fast because I thought the tournament was going to be fast (they ended up being moderate).

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Never played any practice rounds, geez I am just counting the days when 2K1 arrives actually. If you have the time, it’s a good idea but it’s perfect for my rotational games way the tournament is set up.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Only 9 holes at Mid-Pines?
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:38 pm
Never played any practice rounds, geez I am just counting the days when 2K1 arrives actually. If you have the time, it’s a good idea but it’s perfect for my rotational games way the tournament is set up.
For the record my practice rounds are only on the sim. I’ve never played a practice round on the Xbox :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:31 pm
Only 9 holes at Mid-Pines?
No, I didn't realize it was a 9-hole course until I ran out of holes during my round today after 9. I don't know how I missed that because the figure I thought I saw was 6,340 yards off the back tees, as I was choosing the tees. That would make for a short 18 hole course, but certainly not a 9 hole course. I'm going to go back and look at how that was presented during tournament setup. There might be an error I need to report on it.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Enjoyed the layout of Royal Hyde. Fun, thought provoking course. The greens however, not so much. Course was difficult enough on its own that they could ease up on some of the greens.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:58 pm
Enjoyed the layout of Royal Hyde. Fun, thought provoking course. The greens however, not so much. Course was difficult enough on its own that they could ease up on some of the greens.
I played the first three holes before selecting it yesterday, and I was thinking one of the greens was suspect, but I hate to go against the designer's default settings, because I'm thinking that's his impression of how he wants the course to be seen. I've yet to play my round today, but I'm curious, would medium speed greens have made it more playable?

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Probably so. Of course, I always think medium is a more realistic setting for greens.

It's also me b#&@ing after bogeys on the last two holes :D

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

The Italian course tonight was fun to look at and fun to play. Haven't seen a course like it before. Nice pick!!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:10 pm
The Italian course tonight was fun to look at and fun to play. Haven't seen a course like it before. Nice pick!!
Beautiful to look at for sure, not so sure about fun to play. At least not fun for me. I never rage quit even when things are going aweful for me, but I wouldn’t be surprised if some did.

I don’t know, the high winds, different altitudes, undulations, it felt more like a fantasy course for me.

Good scoring Lead!

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

10spro wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:16 am
Leadfoot5 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:10 pm
Beautiful to look at for sure, not so sure about fun to play. At least not fun for me. I never rage quit even when things are going aweful for me, but I wouldn’t be surprised if some did.

I don’t know, the high winds, different altitudes, undulations, it felt more like a fantasy course for me.

Good scoring Lead!
I didn't even make it to the first green, went out of bounds with my second and third shots and that was enough for me with that course.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Thanks 10s!

I thought the course was on the easy side, especially the front 9, and expected most folks to be around -8 or so... Super surprised that I tied for 1st, especially after finishing last a few times this past week.... Interesting how the same course can be fun for one person, and aggravating to the next.

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

vader29 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:18 am

I didn't even make it to the first green, went out of bounds with my second and third shots and that was enough for me with that course.
I rage quit before I finished the 2nd hole.

As much as I LOVE Arctic Fury’s courses this one was beyond my limited skill level and too frustrating. :(

-MERACE