The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by J_Cauthen »

Got something beyond the norm for today's daily. It's set at a charming 9 hole, short, par 3 course called Roscoe's Run created by popular designer, Reebdoog. He subtitled it 'backyard 9 hole par 3', but if it's a backyard, it's a big one at 1,500 yards. Wherever it is, it's got a great ambiance about it.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:08 pm
Got something beyond the norm for today's daily. It's set at a charming 9 hole, short, par 3 course called Roscoe's Run created by popular designer, Reebdoog. He subtitled it 'backyard 9 hole par 3', but if it's a backyard, it's a big one at 1,500 yards. Wherever it is, it's got a great ambiance about it.
Maybe should have been a two rounder?
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:57 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:
Doh... yes Zlax, that would have been ideal! I could have changed up the weather and time for round 2. Problem is it won't let me go back and amend or change it now. I'll keep that in mind the next time a 9 hole course comes into the picture.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:25 pm
Zlax45 wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote:
Doh... yes Zlax, that would have been ideal! I could have changed up the weather and time for round 2. Problem is it won't let me go back and amend or change it now. I'll keep that in mind the next time a 9 hole course comes into the picture.
Just was a suggestion!

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:25 pm
Zlax45 wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote:
friendBOMBER just released a 9 hole course today (Bagnoles De L'Orne GC). :wink:

-MERACE

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:43 am
friendBOMBER just released a 9 hole course today (Bagnoles De L'Orne GC). :wink:
Guess where our 2 rounds of 9-holes Daily will be played Monday! :D

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:57 pm
Just was a suggestion!
It's a great suggestion and I think the only time going forth that I wouldn't want to go with two 9s for the daily would be on Masters Wednesday, when the par 3, 9 hole challenge is traditionally played.

I really wanted to go another lap around Roscoe's Run. I had 3 bogies and one double bogey, with only one birdie in that round. The double bogey was a 4-putt from 38 feet :oops: But dang it if that wasn't one of the most gorgeous golf courses I've played in the game. It also looks like a course where you need to play it four or five times to gather enough local knowledge to play it well.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:50 pm
Zlax45 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:57 pm
Just was a suggestion!
It's a great suggestion and I think the only time going forth that I wouldn't want to go with two 9s for the daily would be on Masters Wednesday, when the par 3, 9 hole challenge is traditionally played.

I really wanted to go another lap around Roscoe's Run. I had 3 bogies and one double bogey, with only one birdie in that round. The double bogey was a 4-putt from 38 feet :oops: But dang it if that wasn't one of the most gorgeous golf courses I've played in the game. It also looks like a course where you need to play it four or five times to gather enough local knowledge to play it well.
I did enjoy the course also and found it fair with my missed shots!

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Did you guys have some performance issues at Volcano Bay?

Blows my mind that this game would have issues on the Xbox One X. Hope that all gets worked for Pga Tour 2k1.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

I didn't last night but the night before at Vallderama was a nightmare. There was so much lag and jumpy that I just quit mid round. I have the game for Xbox and PC and never have these issues with the PC version.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I was incommunicado here last week because I was away for a vacation at the beach, and didn't take my laptop with my DSP Forum password on it. I did take my XBox One X along and experienced some things that truly made me appreciate what I had at home. I had to use a 42", 1080p, "Element" HDTV (never heard of the brand before) and a 15 year old, DSL modem/wireless router... (blech). That Element TV had the worst image quality of any 1080p set I've ever seen, even after considerably tweaking of the most limited set of adjustments I've ever seen. Worse of all, it had the worst input lag I've ever experienced. I went from 17.5 ms on my TCL Series 6, to what had to have been at least 65 ms on the Element.

In the final round of our weekend tournament last Sunday, I started off three-putting the first four holes, and wound up with seven 3-putts, and one 4-putt green. I'm a 3-putting son of a gun, but I'm sure that broke an all time 3-putt plus record for me!

Somehow I managed to settle down in the 2 round, 9 hole course tournament to share a 3-way tie for the win, but I was back off to 3-putt land in Wednesday's tournament. I got to play our weekend's tournament last night on my TCL, with a hi-speed cable modem. While it looked and felt so much better, I still couldn't putt or hit a fairway, but at least my golfer was responding to my swing inputs on the same time continuum. :)

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

I hope you had a good Beach trip. I leave tomorrow and taking my laptop to play but not Xbox and gone till end of July and going up North to escape heat and crowds down here. I just saw the latest video on 2K1 and they announced the full roster of your pro's but what I don't like is that they are only available in career mode and nowhere else so there goes my dream of a foursome of myself and three cpu players. Don't understand why to even have them if you can't actually play with them in matches. I hope I heard that wrong and it's not so but that's what I heard.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

2K published a Career mode trailer for 2K21 today. It looks like clubs will have 5 variable attributes, each with their own ranges, at least in career mode.

https://youtu.be/OiBOrM7X02c

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The fictional player in that trailer definitely has a different mo capped swing than the one, and only one, in TGC19. That is a good sign. Perhaps the pros will have their actual swings in the game. I liked what I saw in the trailer.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

It will be interesting to see how that all works and it's early yet so I would bet we will be getting a lot more info. At this point I think I will pre order for PC as I travel a lot and can pay year round on PC and would only get about half a year play with Xbox. We travel in RV and it's big but space a premium and gaming laptop more convenient. Also I am waiting for next gen Xbox and that's when I will pull trigger for it on console. Lots of options and that's good.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

It looks like we *might* get a look at some live gameplay from a streaming event preview from IGN this evening. It will help us get some longer duration looks at those swing animations. Here's the link on Twitter, it's set for 8:10 PM:

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR2K/status/12 ... 59072?s=20

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:19 pm
It looks like we *might* get a look at some live gameplay from a streaming event preview from IGN this evening. It will help us get some longer duration looks at those swing animations. Here's the link on Twitter, it's set for 8:10 PM:

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR2K/status/12 ... 59072?s=20
I watch it....My initial reaction is MEH. Nothing really game changing and I am starting to think I am going to cancel my preorder

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Presentations look better (more TV style animations, replays, cut scenes). Mo capped swings looked better. Graphics looked crisper. Frame rates (perhaps the gameplay was from a jacked PC) Looked better. Atmosphere is better.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Considering the walk-through was being played with all the shot aids available, and forgiving clubs, I was reasonably impressed by it. The 4K video they now have up on You Tube for it flatters its looks appreciably. It looks like they're making it possible to overswing now, as there was a red zone beyond 100% on the swing power bar (which btw can be turned off, along with all the other aids). I never saw "Mac" go into the red zone, but he bumped the edge of it four times. The 101% power results we were seeing on three shots were a result of swing tempo deviations, or so it seemed. I bet this one is going to have a more nuanced, and perhaps more proportional feel to it.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Just a heads-up that I had to start a new season today because we hit our 55 event season limit yesterday. This will be the last season that we run in TGC 2019. This season will have about 35 events before we run into the release of PGA TOUR 2K21.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

I watched it and tempo is still involved aka Perfect Perfect but again it was with all aids on so we really don't know ball flight outcome till we see gameplay with higher levels. I play with master Clubs now and if there is five levels how does it look as now it harder with more distance available at higher level and I would rather see distance the same at all levels but difficulty gets harder as you go up. Make Societies level specific and you will get better gameplay and events IMHO. Also still want to know if ground effects have been fix especially on the greens as break in putts needs work. To me jury still out but lots of time left and either way I most likely buy the game.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:22 pm
I watched it and tempo is still involved aka Perfect Perfect but again it was with all aids on so we really don't know ball flight outcome till we see gameplay with higher levels. I play with master Clubs now and if there is five levels how does it look as now it harder with more distance available at higher level and I would rather see distance the same at all levels but difficulty gets harder as you go up. Make Societies level specific and you will get better gameplay and events IMHO. Also still want to know if ground effects have been fix especially on the greens as break in putts needs work. To me jury still out but lots of time left and either way I most likely buy the game.
The tempo does in fact appear to be there, but it looks like they might be implementing it a bit differently this time out. I get the impression there might be a range of backswing speeds in which the player can follow with a proportionally ratioed downswing to yield the desired results. All you can tell from the feedback meter is whether your tempo was "perfect" or faster, or slower than perfect. This could be better if it allows users to find a tempo that matches their preference better.

I play with Master clubs about 75% of the time, but I might as well just go with them full time. I'm using a rule of thumb now that if I'm playing off tees that play > 7,100 yards, I go with Master clubs. I really don't score that much better with Pro clubs though, so I might as well just go Master full time.

I don't know how they are going to scale things for Society and Multiplayer play. They don't want to use the term "level", but regarding online matchmaking they also say "we're going to ensure that all players are using the same settings." If they do that for online matchmaking they can also do it for Society play. I agree with you that the ground effects need work. Middle and short irons aren't supposed to run out like they do in TGC 2019!

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Kind of surprised that the price will be 59.99 vs 49.99 and no early purchase discounts either. I think I will sit back and wait till it's released and see if gameplay has been overhauled especially the ground effect.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:21 am
Kind of surprised that the price will be 59.99 vs 49.99 and no early purchase discounts either. I think I will sit back and wait till it's released and see if gameplay has been overhauled especially the ground effect.
The $59.99 price is hard to justify from a game that's not going to allow you to play a round as one of the featured pros, it's likely not going to let you play against their AI models, head-to-head in Career challenge matches. I've already learned that you won't get to play with their AI models in a Career mode tournament. You'll get their scores on a leaderboard, and occasional cut-scene highlights of them playing a hole elsewhere on the course. It's stacking up more like a $49.99 game, at most, IMO.

I'll buy it a $59.99 because I'm a golf game junkie, but when more people learn that they're not going to be able to even play with their AI models in tournaments, or possibly even against them in career mode challenges, they're not going be willing to part with $60 for it. :?

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

After watching this video I am really excited for this game. It's like a totally new game and they really have put work into the gameplay and graphics. Watch the video and you will see what I mean.

https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outl ... reserved=0