The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:
vader29 wrote: I thought I saw a guy that looked like Tony Finau.
I thought I noticed that too, but I believe they used that character in their TGC 2019 videos also, and I remember thinking then that he looked like Tony.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

Well I had to quit last night on hole 4 as I hit my 2nd shot over the cliff as there was a pause in the swing and got very slow and very slow. Was stuck on the beach and wouldn't let me take penalty and after 8 swings I said enough. Anyway I am on the road till end of next week visiting with our son so no play for me till next Friday. Hit them straight and beware of cliffs. Lol. See all again next week.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

$60 for PGA 2K21? It better not be using Unity.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:$60 for PGA 2K21? It better not be using Unity.
What were you expecting when they licensed 11 golfers? Plus the digital edition which give you some Adidas gear is $69.99
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Danimal wrote:
What were you expecting when they licensed 11 golfers? Plus the digital edition which give you some Adidas gear is $69.99
The price is fair, now whether you order the deluxe version in hard copy or digital the price is still $69.99.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

10spro wrote:
Danimal wrote:
The price is fair, now whether you order the deluxe version in hard copy or digital the price is still $69.99.
Preordered here on Amazon...some reason I prefer to have the disk
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:Preordered here on Amazon...some reason I prefer to have the disk
I always consider this, but to give you an idea of how impatient I am when it comes to Forza or any golf title, I'm always afraid I'm going to be a day or two late getting online with the game when I order a disk, so I go digital so I'll have it as soon as I'm able to download it. :oops: That's pretty sad for a 65 year old man, ain't it? :)

Anyway, I've decided I'm going to go with the regular ($59.99) version. I'm not all that much into the SWAG and more brands of equipment, and I'll figure I'll earn enough VC to keep my head above water.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

It is, but it's a custom version of Unity, for whatever that's worth. I can't help myself when it comes to golf games, if it was written in Fortran, I'd still be willing to part with $60 for it :?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm going to get it on the PC and right now there is no incentive to pre-order usually on Steam there is a 10-15% discount but not yet so I will wait.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:I'm going to get it on the PC and right now there is no incentive to pre-order usually on Steam there is a 10-15% discount but not yet so I will wait.
Yeah, I'd hold off too as I'm almost sure there will be some incentives offered. There's no real incentive to pre-order either of the console versions, digital or physical that I can see at this time.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

There's an excellent video analysis and commentary of the PGA TOUR 2K21 trailer by a You Tuber tagged "Respawn" that unveiled a lot of what I couldn't see in that hyper scene swapping barrage on Twitter. It lasts for 42 minutes, but it's very informative and showed me there's more to this new game than meets the eye. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQe4DmZ ... e=youtu.be

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Guys, just to give you an idea, I chose this weeks 36 hole tournament location as "Seminole Golf Club" because that's where this weekend's special PGA Team Skins match, "2020 TaylorMade Driving Relief" is being played on Sunday. Ricky Fowler and Matthew Wolff are taking on Dustin Johnson and Rory McIlroy. At least one of those guys, Matthew Wolff is a featured pro in the 2K21 game, and possibly others. Unfortunately, I don't think they're going to have Matthew's swing mocapped in the game.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Aurora, Norway is a beautiful course. Nice blend of mountains, water and village life. Too bad there were a few laggy issues again in some holes that caused my swing to go awry but I enjoyed the daily.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I agree. The Aurora course was a fun and very nice looking course. But I have never had so many fast and very slow 95% swings in a round. Too bad.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Pin placement on hole 3 on 2nd round of Stanmore 8O Ended up with a quad :evil:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Any chance the new version is cross platfrom, COD is doing it right should be a lot easier with golf.
Follow Me on:

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

After playing my round tonight I have a wish for 2K1 and that is to fix the the ground physics of the game. Let me just first state at one time I was pretty close to scratch golfer until injuries have limited my game and still can keep it near 80 most days so I do understand the game so just commenting on my experience around a course. With soft and slow if I loft up and hit a ball short of the hole and the ball slowly heads towards hole it shouldn't end up 8 yards from the hole off the green as it did tonight on number 18 and this happened quite a few times this evening. Soft means go for the pin and not expecting that roll and for that matter there you should see a lot of spin and balls drawing back and we never see that. Even Augusta has realistic soft as in Tigers win in 2019 some players during the event on hole 15 had the ball stay on the bank and not go in the water due to soft conditions. I conclude that we really have Normal 1 and normal 2 plus firm and very firm and no soft. If they fix ground effects that would be a bigger improvement than changing the swing of even adding Pro players IMHO. The base of the game for a 2nd release is very good but to make the big leap forward they must fix this and I truly hope they do. One last note on the backspin or should I say the lack of it as it really needs to be in the game but for that to happen the above Ground Physics need fixed as I am 63 an IRL if I hit a high scoring iron past the pin I expect it to spin back IRL so it should in the game also.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

On that note, I missed some incredible 2-3 foot putts on the first round of the weekender. :evil:

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

10spro wrote:On that note, I missed some incredible 2-3 foot putts on the first round of the weekender. :evil:

Oh yeah a few myself.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just an FYI to anyone looking to experiment with creating courses using the Lidar tool, etc. I just ran across this guys page on YouTube. He has plenty of videos helping with design.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGyylY ... GNZ_ENNiTQ
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:I agree. The Aurora course was a fun and very nice looking course. But I have never had so many fast and very slow 95% swings in a round. Too bad.
Yeah, I had my share of wild tempos on Aurora Borealis. Must be something about its design! It was an interesting sight to see, but I wouldn't want to play it often for the golf part.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:After playing my round tonight I have a wish for 2K1 and that is to fix the the ground physics of the game. Let me just first state at one time I was pretty close to scratch golfer until injuries have limited my game and still can keep it near 80 most days so I do understand the game so just commenting on my experience around a course. With soft and slow if I loft up and hit a ball short of the hole and the ball slowly heads towards hole it shouldn't end up 8 yards from the hole off the green as it did tonight on number 18 and this happened quite a few times this evening.
I read somewhere that HB Studios used Trackman's spin data to calculate the spin being put on the ball in TGC. If that's true, then the problem is with the bounce of the surfaces and the coefficient of friction on greens. The balls simply don't dig in and let nature do what it should do to a ball with that much spin on it. I hope it gets some attention in 2K21. HB Studios knows this is a widely trumpeted complaint and I'll be disappointed if they haven't improved this in the new game.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:
10spro wrote:On that note, I missed some incredible 2-3 foot putts on the first round of the weekender. :evil:

Oh yeah a few myself.
This week's course was on my "Friend's Favorites" list and touted for it's capturing the flavor of its environment. It's a short track, but the green slopes and some of the pin placements are brutal. I had 4 3-putt and one 4-putt green during my first round!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:Just an FYI to anyone looking to experiment with creating courses using the Lidar tool, etc. I just ran across this guys page on YouTube. He has plenty of videos helping with design.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGyylY ... GNZ_ENNiTQ
Mucho Thanko Bill; that's exactly what I need!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:

Oh yeah a few myself.
This week's course was on my "Friend's Favorites" list and touted for it's capturing the flavor of its environment. It's a short track, but the green slopes and some of the pin placements are brutal. I had 4 3-putt and one 4-putt green during my first round!