The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by JOZ »

Very cool.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Full details to be released May 14th.
https://www.operationsports.com/pga-tou ... on-may-14/
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Should be an interesting reveal. The golfer was wearing Under Armor Shoes on the tee so I’m guessing more Branding is one thing we will hear about.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:Should be an interesting reveal. The golfer was wearing Under Armor Shoes on the tee so I’m guessing more Branding is one thing we will hear about.
What do you mean? Jordan Spieth on the cover? 8)

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Should be an interesting reveal. The golfer was wearing Under Armor Shoes on the tee so I’m guessing more Branding is one thing we will hear about.
What do you mean? Jordan Spieth on the cover? 8)
Unless Jordan Spieth has been on a George Hamilton-esque tanning binge, I don't think that was him on the tee... that's an African-American golfer, whoever he is. You can see his arms just prior to the camera zooming in on his feet. It was easy to stop the video that Rob (Greensboronclion) linked in the post below yours, just as they were talking about PGA players being in the game.

If you'll notice, they jumped quite a few frames, just as you were about able to get an idea of the golfer's head during the reverse angle pan from the green. You were 40 yards away from the golfer one second, and then the next it jumped to waist high view, looking down at the shoes and severely over-teed ball. You can see the arms just prior to that though.

Could it be Tiger? I'm just wondering how far they might be going with the player likenesses and names with this one? I think 2K wants to get faces, names, and brands into the game that people are more familiar with.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Thanks to a lot of help I was able to get the Lidar to work. It is pretty accurate, I played this course 1000 times and visually the course seems like it isn't using the height map correctly but when I play the layout it is scary accurate so I think the game just doesn't visually show things as they should or the height map is just not being interpreted 100 percent. For example there are some grass hills behind #3 that in game don't look high enough but they are close enough, the detail on the greens is almost spot on.

This is my first time working on a course, I must have 20 hours in already and I'm not even close. Some problems I am running into.

1. Putting down water in this game is WAY harder then it needs to be. Seriously water squares? Just use the spline and fill of just about every other surface. I also hate that the water edge is so rough like stones. I want rough there so I need to figure that out.

2. My course has a lot of wetlands with high reeds. There really isn't a plant that works and also I have to plant each one individually to get them at the height needed. These things are 5 to 6 feet tall on the course. Here is a satelite image of them between 1 and 18. No way in hell I am putting all those in there.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Eagle ... 88.3354748

3. My course has homes and streets winding through it which is a PIA. There are 1500 homes in the community, while I've put some in place I am not going to do all for performance reasons.

However I can play my course even in this state and it feels like my course minus the fact I don't hit 325 yard bombs in real life. :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:Thanks to a lot of help I was able to get the Lidar to work. It is pretty accurate, I played this course 1000 times and visually the course seems like it isn't using the height map correctly but when I play the layout it is scary accurate so I think the game just doesn't visually show things as they should or the height map is just not being interpreted 100 percent. For example there are some grass hills behind #3 that in game don't look high enough but they are close enough, the detail on the greens is almost spot on.

This is my first time working on a course, I must have 20 hours in already and I'm not even close. Some problems I am running into.

1. Putting down water in this game is WAY harder then it needs to be. Seriously water squares? Just use the spline and fill of just about every other surface. I also hate that the water edge is so rough like stones. I want rough there so I need to figure that out.

2. My course has a lot of wetlands with high reeds. There really isn't a plant that works and also I have to plant each one individually to get them at the height needed. These things are 5 to 6 feet tall on the course. Here is a satelite image of them between 1 and 18. No way in hell I am putting all those in there.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Eagle ... 88.3354748

3. My course has homes and streets winding through it which is a PIA. There are 1500 homes in the community, while I've put some in place I am not going to do all for performance reasons.

However I can play my course even in this state and it feels like my course minus the fact I don't hit 325 yard bombs in real life. :D
Wow, sounds like you've made a ton of progress with this Dan. I need to get back at my project now that I've got a TGX 1070 8 GB card. I hate there wasn't a high reed option in the course objects, as it looks like they're a characterizing feature of the setting. What's your plant meter showing where you stand right now? I hear that when you get above 80%, it begins to have a performance impact on the game.

I'm curious to see how this turns out... good luck with it!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

The Archer tore me a new one last night! On the surface, it's a short course, but I found it to be a bit tricked up in spots. It looked great throughout, but I felt like I was playing an obstacle course at times. My biggest complaint about last night's round though was what appeared to be network lag issues that were having serious impacts on my tempo. I had 3, Perfect/Very Slow tempos, two of which resulted in balls in the water hazards. None of them felt anything like a very slow downswing, but I didn't seen any hesitation or stutter in the swing animation when they happened.

I really don't know why this game can't pause the network communication during the swing and perhaps eliminate some of this :?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It was a tricky course for sure, even on some par 5s and I had at least 4 holes where my swing was impacted by the lag. I know we were playing on firm greens but a lot of my landings just kept on rolling for me. Other than those issues, pretty course for sure.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

There's been some speculation as to whether PGA TOUR 2K21 would include featured (as in a playable avatar to play as or play against) pros. I think that question got answered earlier today in what might not have been an authorized tweet by PGA player Matthew Wolff, in which he said the following in a replay to a PGA TOUR 2K21 promotional tweet:

" Wonder how my swing will look?" Here's a link to the tweet:

https://twitter.com/matthew_wolff5/stat ... 18884?s=20

If Matthew Wolff is in the game, I'd imagine there will be others. This is going to be welcome news to many I've been in communication with, as having AI PGA TOUR pros available for play in a golf game is a selling point for them.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

J_Cauthen wrote:There's been some speculation as to whether PGA TOUR 2K21 would include featured (as in a playable avatar to play as or play against) pros. I think that question got answered earlier today in what might not have been an authorized tweet by PGA player Matthew Wolff, in which he said the following in a replay to a PGA TOUR 2K21 promotional tweet:

If Matthew Wolff is in the game, I'd imagine there will be others. This is going to be welcome news to many I've been in communication with, as having AI PGA TOUR pros available for play in a golf game is a selling point for them.
I would consider myself a decent golf fan and I don't even know who Matthew Wolff is...
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

On the PGA 2K21 official Facebook page there is a pic of the “golfer” from the trailer and, to me, is no one recognizable. Could mean nothing...just pointing it out. Just click “Go Shopping” on their page to see the picture.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote:There's been some speculation as to whether PGA TOUR 2K21 would include featured (as in a playable avatar to play as or play against) pros. I think that question got answered earlier today in what might not have been an authorized tweet by PGA player Matthew Wolff, in which he said the following in a replay to a PGA TOUR 2K21 promotional tweet:

I would consider myself a decent golf fan and I don't even know who Matthew Wolff is...
He's very young (21) and made a little noise last summer when he won the 3M Championship at the age of 20, in only his fourth PGA TOUR start. Matthew Wolff may become much more of a name after he gets four hours of camera time during this weekend's "TaylorMade Driving Relief 2020" team skins match on NBC, in which he and Ricky Fowler will take on Rory McIlroy and Dustin Johnson.

I think 2K and HB Studios may be trying to cash in early on someone who looks to be a rising star. Getting four hours of air time on Sunday to a lockdown starved sports audience is going to net Matthew some recognition, which will no doubt carry over to making the 2K21 brand have a little more cachet.
Last edited by J_Cauthen on Wed May 13, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:On the PGA 2K21 official Facebook page there is a pic of the “golfer” from the trailer and, to me, is no one recognizable. Could mean nothing...just pointing it out. Just click “Go Shopping” on their page to see the picture.
I found an icon labeled "Shop Now" on their page, but it took me to a link to buy TGC 2019. In the video trailer, the camera starts zooming back to the tee from the green, but it cuts away from the golfers upper body just in time to keep me from seeing who it *might* be on the tee. The link to which I'm referring is at the top right of the page. Is there another one somewhere else that I missed?

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Zlax45 wrote:

He's very young (21) and made a little noise last summer when he won the 3M Championship at the age of 20, in only his fourth PGA TOUR start. Matthew Wolff may become much more of a name after he gets four hours of camera time during this weekend's "TaylorMade Driving Relief 2020" team skins match on NBC, in which he and Ricky Fowler will take on Rory McIlroy and Dustin Johnson.

I think 2K and HB Studios may be trying to cash in early on someone who looks to be a rising star. Getting four hours of air time on Sunday to a lockdown starved sports audience is going to net Matthew some recognition, which will no doubt carry over to making the 2K21 brand have a little more cachet.
Makes sense

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:On the PGA 2K21 official Facebook page there is a pic of the “golfer” from the trailer and, to me, is no one recognizable. Could mean nothing...just pointing it out. Just click “Go Shopping” on their page to see the picture.
I found an icon labeled "Shop Now" on their page, but it took me to a link to buy TGC 2019. In the video trailer, the camera starts zooming back to the tee from the green, but it cuts away from the golfers upper body just in time to keep me from seeing who it *might* be on the tee. The link to which I'm referring is at the top right of the page. Is there another one somewhere else that I missed?
The picture in the background of the TGC19 order form is of the Golfer wearing Under Armor golf shoes and gear...just like in the trailer.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19E2bq1 ... p=drivesdk
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:The picture in the background of the TGC19 order form is of the Golfer wearing Under Armor golf shoes and gear...just like in the trailer.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19E2bq1 ... p=drivesdk
Okay, I see where you're coming from now, however, the golfer in the background picture is wearing white, plaid pants with a black shirt, while the one in the teaser video is wearing the Tiger standard black pants with a red shirt, although Tiger never wore Under Armour. The physical build and skin tones of the two players look similar though, although you don't really get close enough in the teaser trailer to know for sure.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Getting licensed golfers in here would be cool or at least the ability to edit the golfers name that show up when I play career mode. Sorry there should be women in my PGA career mode, but not a major thing this game needs. There are lots and I mean lots of game play tweaks needed and now that I am using the editor it also need a s*** ton of work.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Justin Thomas is the cover athlete and he will be accompanied by 11 other TOUR pros, according to an early XBox Store listing for the game.

Here's a copy of the listing; there's quite a bit of detail here:

Maybe this will work:Image

I wish I could pull the text out to a text file, but it's an image and I can't break it down. If I find the raw text, I'll paste it in later, but it sounds like they're getting quite a bit more out the PGA TOUR license than they did the last time.

The bad news is that it's showing an 8/21/20 release date :(

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

J_Cauthen wrote:Justin Thomas is the cover athlete and he will be accompanied by 11 other TOUR pros, according to an early XBox Store listing for the game.

Here's a copy of the listing; there's quite a bit of detail here:

Maybe this will work:Image

I wish I could pull the text out to a text file, but it's an image and I can't break it down. If I find the raw text, I'll paste it in later, but it sounds like they're getting quite a bit more out the PGA TOUR license than they did the last time.

The bad news is that it's showing an 8/21/20 release date :(
Day 1 purchase for me...I have played in excess of 250 rounds of the current version. So it is worth the money

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Well, the Pro there is for sure Justin Thomas and besides Under Armor looks like big brands like Adidas will have a stamp on the game.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

We don't know about what game play or swing mechanic changes may have been made and I'd like to see some discussion about that. They wound up getting more licensed PGA TOUR courses and featured pros than I thought they would. I think that will help sell a lot of games for them, even though I doubt I'll ever do much in the career mode.

I did pick up this one line from the Sports Gamers Online You Tube video that has me pondering:

"experienced players of The Golf Club series will now have newer features to provide more of a challenge"

I'm curious to see what that means? As many complaints as there have been about the current swing mechanic that gives birth to a counter-intuitive "power fade", I hope they've done something to at least fix that!

I'm still pumped for the game and it will be a day one pickup for me, which I'm sure comes as a shock to no one :)

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

vader29 wrote:Official trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpt31fljles

I thought I saw a guy that looked like Tony Finau.