The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by Zlax45 »

My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

Well guys I have been getting my hind end kicked on a regular basis but I am startng to figure this game out. This week was a good week as I only broke two controllers so things are looking positive and hey I always keep a 12 pack around for that reason as I take this video golf seriously. :lol: Fun tournament this weekend as the field was playing this tough course and hanging on to near par and most enjoyable except to Major Bubbs who I believe is really Tiger Woods in his Prime. :lol: Great shooting Sir and we'll played. For the record I still play PG and will continue to but enjoying TGC2019 quite a bit and the five tournament rounds here a week and playing other courses is a lot of fun and to be honest I look forward to these more than the PG events. Again great fun and glad to be part of the group.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:This guy always has decent courses

https://twitter.com/crazycanuck1985/sta ... 80449?s=21
Yes he does... no one does bunkers, even with the very limited bunker creation tools in this game, better than crazycanuck! He's got official courses to his credit in both TGC 2 and 2019. I was just checking out his latest course, Jasmine, as featured on the link you provided. It looks super nice... I'll put that one on next week's schedule for Tuesday.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:Well guys I have been getting my hind end kicked on a regular basis but I am startng to figure this game out. This week was a good week as I only broke two controllers so things are looking positive and hey I always keep a 12 pack around for that reason as I take this video golf seriously. :lol: Fun tournament this weekend as the field was playing this tough course and hanging on to near par and most enjoyable except to Major Bubbs who I believe is really Tiger Woods in his Prime. :lol: Great shooting Sir and we'll played. For the record I still play PG and will continue to but enjoying TGC2019 quite a bit and the five tournament rounds here a week and playing other courses is a lot of fun and to be honest I look forward to these more than the PG events. Again great fun and glad to be part of the group.
You're ahead of me after my disastrous round at Quail Hollow last night. I shot an 82, which included a 5 and a 4-putt green :oops: I had drawn to within 3 strokes of Major Bubbs (Joz) in round 2, going to the 7th hole. I hit the green in two, but was looking at a 74 foot eagle putt. The Major was over the green in two and 40 yards away in heavy rough. I thought... here's a good chance for me to pick up at least another stroke on the Major. WRONNNGGG! He holes his 40 yard pitch from the heavy rough, while I 4-putted for a bogey... and my Jon Daly - pout your way to the finish - mode got initiated. :)

I made a change in controllers the last two weeks. I went back to one of my stock controllers and found that I was having much more consistent results with tempo control. I'm getting like 65 to 70% perfect/perfect tempo with this controller. The downside is that it's not as sensitive for putting. Most of my misses run well past the hole because I can't gauge the feel for the putter as well. My 5-putt came on a nine foot birdie putt that ran 78 feet past the hole, after lipping out. I over corrected coming back and the putt rolled back almost to my feet.

I need to put some time in practicing putts with the old controller. It feels so much better to hit perfect/perfect tempo as consistently as I am now.

BTW, I have a severely damaged XBox One controller, whose fate I can attribute to TGC 2019. My wife makes me keep it on a table next to my gaming HDTV, as a reminder of my shame, and hopefully dissuade me from doing it again. :lol:
Last edited by J_Cauthen on Sun May 03, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Well, I guess I had a good tournament :D

Hilarious about the controllers. I haven't done anything with the controllers, but my chair has taken some punishment because of this game. My wife threatened to turn off my Xbox the other day because I scared the dog :D

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:Well, I guess I had a good tournament :D

Hilarious about the controllers. I haven't done anything with the controllers, but my chair has taken some punishment because of this game. My wife threatened to turn off my Xbox the other day because I scared the dog :D
I can't say my game chair side table hasn't taken some abuse as well, but it's usually the butt of my fist that comes out on the losing end of that exchange! :cry: You mention scaring your dog... we have a 65 pound American Boxer Bull Dog who at the first utterance of miscontent from me will quietly vacate the couch and slither down the stairs. :)

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

I use the stock Xbox One controller and I find my long distance putting is good as for judging distance but man my putting inside 15 ft could really be a lot better. Today at the event I missed at least a half a dozen putts inside of 10 feet and that's tough to score when you do that and I really got to get better than that. I also found going from Firm and Fast to Soft and Med Slow was quite a bit change as instead of running the ball 8 ft past I was constantly 2 or 3 feet short.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Diablo25 wrote:Ok guys, I’ve been working on my first course with ChadGolf’s Lidar tool and I published a beta version of the front 9 tonight. I am somewhat close to finishing the full 18 but I still have work to do. I just wanted to see the finished holes in action. It’s been pretty fun making the course. The Lidar input tool is amazing. When I originally tried to import the Lidar data it just wouldn’t work. Then I watched Chad’s Twitch stream of him using the tool and I FINALLY figured out that the data for my course was older and in feet not in meters. I had to make that adjustment in the tool (long story) and, bam, there it was. When the property first dropped I was astounded at how legit the course looked. All of the greens, slope of the course, etc. are spot on.

The course is one I’ve played my entire life. It’s right in my hometown and it’s called Schuylkill Country Club. I have two links below of the course history (it’s a Donald Ross course) and a course tour. The name my course is under in TGC19 is Schuylkill CC Front Beta.

Feel free to give me feedback on anything. Donald Ross greens are unique in design. If you aren’t careful on many of his greens your ball will simply roll off the green. Greens 4 and 9 are very challenging (in real life and the game). Those greenS will eat you up if you don’t play them smart. I have been experimenting and play testing those holes to make sure they aren’t ridiculous.

Give the front 9 a shot and let me know what you think.

Course History - http://www.schuylkillcc.com/history.php
Course Tour - http://www.schuylkillcc.com/history.php (#16 is where I had my hole in one)
Top 100 Donald Ross Courses https://www.top100golfcourses.com/architect/donald-ross

After playing the course I found that tho not long it was the greens that were the defense as there was not one flat that I could find and very demanding putting there. If I could change one thing I would change the trees on the first hole on the left side as they looked way to close to each other and all the same. I would space them different and also with different heights and maybe even a few different types of trees and not the whole hole just that batch on the left that run the length of the tee shot. Other than that I found it quite fun to play and a good challenge on the greens and at Firm and Fast it would be a load to play. Good job and look forward to more from you.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Ok guys, I’ve been working on my first course with ChadGolf’s Lidar tool and I published a beta version of the front 9 tonight. I am somewhat close to finishing the full 18 but I still have work to do. I just wanted to see the finished holes in action. It’s been pretty fun making the course. The Lidar input tool is amazing. When I originally tried to import the Lidar data it just wouldn’t work. Then I watched Chad’s Twitch stream of him using the tool and I FINALLY figured out that the data for my course was older and in feet not in meters. I had to make that adjustment in the tool (long story) and, bam, there it was. When the property first dropped I was astounded at how legit the course looked. All of the greens, slope of the course, etc. are spot on.

The course is one I’ve played my entire life. It’s right in my hometown and it’s called Schuylkill Country Club. I have two links below of the course history (it’s a Donald Ross course) and a course tour. The name my course is under in TGC19 is Schuylkill CC Front Beta.

Feel free to give me feedback on anything. Donald Ross greens are unique in design. If you aren’t careful on many of his greens your ball will simply roll off the green. Greens 4 and 9 are very challenging (in real life and the game). Those greenS will eat you up if you don’t play them smart. I have been experimenting and play testing those holes to make sure they aren’t ridiculous.

Give the front 9 a shot and let me know what you think.

Course History - http://www.schuylkillcc.com/history.php
Course Tour - http://www.schuylkillcc.com/history.php (#16 is where I had my hole in one)
Top 100 Donald Ross Courses https://www.top100golfcourses.com/architect/donald-ross

After playing the course I found that tho not long it was the greens that were the defense as there was not one flat that I could find and very demanding putting there. If I could change one thing I would change the trees on the first hole on the left side as they looked way to close to each other and all the same. I would space them different and also with different heights and maybe even a few different types of trees and not the whole hole just that batch on the left that run the length of the tee shot. Other than that I found it quite fun to play and a good challenge on the greens and at Firm and Fast it would be a load to play. Good job and look forward to more from you.
You are absolutely right about the greens being the course defense. The course just can’t be played on FAST greens. Certain holes would just be impossible (4, 9, 16 for sure). As far as hole 1 those are the exact trees that are there. Just to the left of them is the driving range. There are simply 2 rows of Pines as the border. Boring but true. That was the first hole I finalized so I was still getting familiar with planting trees and having a variety of sizing. When you use the “place multiple objects” option it automatically will vary the sizing even if you are only placing one at a time. Maybe I’ll go back and try and vary them a bit more but after having spent hours on building the course I am enjoying NOT working on it for a while :D Glad you enjoyed the course. For what it’s worth, I think it plays just like the real deal. It’s been fun playing it after playing it since I was 12.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Well, I just played my first society even in a long while :D. Figured I’d make an appearance since I made the course. Shot a 66. Hope you guys enjoy the course. It took a while to create but the process was fun.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I've been trying to make my local course with the Lidar tool but I can't get it to work. I followed the twitch video and downloaded the data but when I try and generate using it I get an error message about need to connect to prj2,epsg.org or something and that site doesn't even come up when entering it into a browser. I did a bunch of Google searches and no luck finding an solution. :(
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Playing yesterday's course with medium slow greens was definitely a shock. I left a few putts short early on and had to keep reminding myself about the change. I had one hole where I was 29 feet out with 5 inches uphill. I felt like I smashed my putt and still ended up 8 ft short. Other than that, I enjoyed it. I still feel like the games sweet spot for putting normal greens is medium fast.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:I've been trying to make my local course with the Lidar tool but I can't get it to work. I followed the twitch video and downloaded the data but when I try and generate using it I get an error message about need to connect to prj2,epsg.org or something and that site doesn't even come up when entering it into a browser. I did a bunch of Google searches and no luck finding an solution. :(
I haven't run into that error Dan, so I can't really speak to it. From what I gather, the quality of LiDAR data varies and that has a major bearing in the results. My problem is I can't get my tees, fairways, greens, lakes and bunkers to match up to the topography the tool generated. I think I need to start over again. Diablo will hopefully be able to speak to your situation. It looks like he did a great job with the topography he generated.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:Playing yesterday's course with medium slow greens was definitely a shock. I left a few putts short early on and had to keep reminding myself about the change. I had one hole where I was 29 feet out with 5 inches uphill. I felt like I smashed my putt and still ended up 8 ft short. Other than that, I enjoyed it. I still feel like the games sweet spot for putting normal greens is medium fast.
It's funny you mention the medium-slow greens as a shock JOZ. They turned out to be the perfect storm for me and my efforts to manage my more heavy-handed putting touch with my stock XBox One controller, now that I've gone back to it. I wouldn't have broken par with medium-fast greens on Diablo's course yesterday, but with medium-slow, I pulled a 62 out of my fanny! :o

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Danimal wrote:I've been trying to make my local course with the Lidar tool but I can't get it to work. I followed the twitch video and downloaded the data but when I try and generate using it I get an error message about need to connect to prj2,epsg.org or something and that site doesn't even come up when entering it into a browser. I did a bunch of Google searches and no luck finding an solution. :(
I haven't run into that error Dan, so I can't really speak to it. From what I gather, the quality of LiDAR data varies and that has a major bearing in the results. My problem is I can't get my tees, fairways, greens, lakes and bunkers to match up to the topography the tool generated. I think I need to start over again. Diablo will hopefully be able to speak to your situation. It looks like he did a great job with the topography he generated.
Is there somewhere for discussion on this with the guy who made the tools to ask questions?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

J_Cauthen wrote:
JOZ wrote:Playing yesterday's course with medium slow greens was definitely a shock. I left a few putts short early on and had to keep reminding myself about the change. I had one hole where I was 29 feet out with 5 inches uphill. I felt like I smashed my putt and still ended up 8 ft short. Other than that, I enjoyed it. I still feel like the games sweet spot for putting normal greens is medium fast.
It's funny you mention the medium-slow greens as a shock JOZ. They turned out to be the perfect storm for me and my efforts to manage my more heavy-handed putting touch with my stock XBox One controller, now that I've gone back to it. I wouldn't have broken par with medium-fast greens on Diablo's course yesterday, but with medium-slow, I pulled a 62 out of my fanny! :o
Nice! I had not looked at results yet.

I say medium fast, but medium would probably be good or better too. I would have to play more with those settings.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Generally speaking, I think medium/fast is the comfort sweetspot that would fit my game when it comes to putting. What I found odd yesterday is that despite the slow/medium settings, on some holes the ball would still run quicker than what it’s indicated and on the odd others like Joz was mentioning when it came to uphill putts, the ball would crawl to a halt despite the added mph I had compensated for.

Regardless, nice putting for you Mr Cauthen that was well done.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:Is there somewhere for discussion on this with the guy who made the tools to ask questions?
Do you have this link? https://chadrockey.github.io/TGC-Designer-Tools/? That might be a good starting point if you don't. He hasn't been in the TGC Tours forum since late February though, so I don't know what's up with him right now.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I was having trouble getting this course to work with Chads tool and then I ran across something in his Twitch stream that changed everything. I believe his tool, by default, is looking for meters. My Lidar data was old and in feet (I believe). In the stream Chad pointed out that you needed to change the one figure to something like .3048 or something. After I did that it worked fine and the property dropped. I will look for the exact spot in Chad’s stream and let you know. Not sure if that is your problem Dan but it’s worth a try.

As far as the greens on my course, I tried moderate the other day and it seemed to play well. Fast just won’t work with this course. Pin placement 4 on several greens would be impossible to hold. This course isn’t really long so the greens are it’s defense. I play tested faster greens on #4, 9 and 16 (radically sloped greens) and it was a no go. Balls just kept rolling off the green. Eventually I may get back to it and touch up a few things. Been enjoying time away from editing the course because it took over my life for about a week :D
Last edited by Diablo25 on Tue May 05, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Danimal wrote:Is there somewhere for discussion on this with the guy who made the tools to ask questions?
Do you have this link? https://chadrockey.github.io/TGC-Designer-Tools/? That might be a good starting point if you don't. He hasn't been in the TGC Tours forum since late February though, so I don't know what's up with him right now.
Here is the forum where I found Chads tool. Maybe it’ll help.
https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/go ... dar-import
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote:
Here is the forum where I found Chads tool. Maybe it’ll help.
https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/go ... dar-import
Here is the spot in Chad’s Twitch stream where he talks about Lidar data and what needs to be done in the tool to work with the meters vs. feet scenario. Instead of 1.0 in the “Force Lidar Unit” you need .3048. Hope it helps. Look right around the 40 minute mark. The whole stream walks you thru his tool.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/414113375?t=2276s
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

FYI, I published a “Final” version of my course and called it Schuylkill C.C. (Lidar). Only made a few minor tweaks. MODERATE greens are the best experience. As you were.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Saw this posted on Facebook today.

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

vader29 wrote:Saw this posted on Facebook today.

Intriguing.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:Saw this posted on Facebook today.

OMG... I'm - I'm verklempt over this news 8O :o You guys tawk amongst yourselves hee-yuh while I get my thawuhts togetha... :D