The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by fsquid »

I'd like to nominate Aristea Skies for use. Played in another group on it. Great course. Greens may be a tad too easy for this group. So very fast maybe should be used

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

fsquid wrote:I'd like to nominate Aristea Skies for use. Played in another group on it. Great course. Greens may be a tad too easy for this group. So very fast maybe should be used
Noted, and I'll set it up for Tuesday or Wednesday. I haven't heard of this one as much as I try to track the trends with courses for this game, so getting qualified input like this makes it easier to get good courses on our schedule.

The course on today's schedule, Quincy Downs, is one that's getting a lot of praise, including the executive producer of the game, Shaun West. It's created using the Autumn theme, which usually doesn't float my boat, but I've run into several over the past three months that have.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Deleted (Duplicate post due to noisy mouse button... replacement mouse coming Wednesday!)

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

Did you happen to notice that on hole #15 there is a tree and garden right in the middle of it? After that rollercoaster I just played tonight I might need a few drinks before I play this one. :lol:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:Did you happen to notice that on hole #15 there is a tree and garden right in the middle of it? After that rollercoaster I just played tonight I might need a few drinks before I play this one. :lol:
I missed the 15th fairway so badly with a "Perfect/very slow" tempo that I didn't know it had a fairway. All I saw was woods & weeds until I was able to punch it out onto the green! I had an 8 on the 5th, with two balls in the water, an 11 on the 11th (because I didn't know how to access the "declare unplayable lie" button), and then I had double bogeys on 8 and 15. It's a good thing I managed 6 birdies or I'd have had an even more embarrassing round! :oops: :D

I honestly don't understand the glowing reports I've read on this course... yeah, it looked good, but there were some ridiculous undulations in the greens, and some of the pin locations were criminal. I finished at +8, and Leadfoot was leading at -1. You know a course is tricked out when only one person in this crowd breaks par on it!? 8O

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Greensboronclion wrote:Did you happen to notice that on hole #15 there is a tree and garden right in the middle of it? After that rollercoaster I just played tonight I might need a few drinks before I play this one. :lol:
I missed the 15th fairway so badly with a "Perfect/very slow" tempo that I didn't know it had a fairway. All I saw was woods & weeds until I was able to punch it out onto the green! I had an 8 on the 5th, with two balls in the water, an 11 on the 11th (because I didn't know how to access the "declare unplayable lie" button), and then I had double bogeys on 8 and 15. It's a good thing I managed 6 birdies or I'd have had an even more embarrassing round! :oops: :D

I honestly don't understand the glowing reports I've read on this course... yeah, it looked good, but there were some ridiculous undulations in the greens, and some of the pin locations were criminal. I finished at +8, and Leadfoot was leading at -1. You know a course is tricked out when only one person in this crowd breaks par on it!? 8O
I went three over on the final three holes...ended up at +2 so I wasn't having any major issues with the course. VERY RARE
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Ok guys, I’ve been working on my first course with ChadGolf’s Lidar tool and I published a beta version of the front 9 tonight. I am somewhat close to finishing the full 18 but I still have work to do. I just wanted to see the finished holes in action. It’s been pretty fun making the course. The Lidar input tool is amazing. When I originally tried to import the Lidar data it just wouldn’t work. Then I watched Chad’s Twitch stream of him using the tool and I FINALLY figured out that the data for my course was older and in feet not in meters. I had to make that adjustment in the tool (long story) and, bam, there it was. When the property first dropped I was astounded at how legit the course looked. All of the greens, slope of the course, etc. are spot on.

The course is one I’ve played my entire life. It’s right in my hometown and it’s called Schuylkill Country Club. I have two links below of the course history (it’s a Donald Ross course) and a course tour. The name my course is under in TGC19 is Schuylkill CC Front Beta.

Feel free to give me feedback on anything. Donald Ross greens are unique in design. If you aren’t careful on many of his greens your ball will simply roll off the green. Greens 4 and 9 are very challenging (in real life and the game). Those greenS will eat you up if you don’t play them smart. I have been experimenting and play testing those holes to make sure they aren’t ridiculous.

Give the front 9 a shot and let me know what you think.

Course History - http://www.schuylkillcc.com/history.php
Course Tour - http://www.schuylkillcc.com/history.php (#16 is where I had my hole in one)
Top 100 Donald Ross Courses https://www.top100golfcourses.com/architect/donald-ross
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

J_Cauthen wrote:

I made bogey on the last two holes and thought I hit perfect shots into the green and the ball just rolled forever. The undulation led to a lot of putts of 50 ft or more and a few around 70. Very tough to get close with firm setting but it was a nice looking course just to much undulation.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

J_Cauthen wrote: I finished at +8, and Leadfoot was leading at -1. You know a course is tricked out when only one person in this crowd breaks par on it!? 8O
... and I was hanging on for dear life!!!! Concentrating more that normal for sure...

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

fsquid wrote:I'd like to nominate Aristea Skies for use.
Had fun on this course today, scored well. Gotta take advantage of the Par-5's.... That 15th hole was fun. :)

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Diablo25 wrote:Ok guys, I’ve been working on my first course with ChadGolf’s Lidar tool and I published a beta version of the front 9 tonight. I am somewhat close to finishing the full 18 but I still have work to do. I just wanted to see the finished holes in action. It’s been pretty fun making the course. The Lidar input tool is amazing. When I originally tried to import the Lidar data it just wouldn’t work. Then I watched Chad’s Twitch stream of him using the tool and I FINALLY figured out that the data for my course was older and in feet not in meters. I had to make that adjustment in the tool (long story) and, bam, there it was. When the property first dropped I was astounded at how legit the course looked. All of the greens, slope of the course, etc. are spot on.

The course is one I’ve played my entire life. It’s right in my hometown and it’s called Schuylkill Country Club. I have two links below of the course history (it’s a Donald Ross course) and a course tour. The name my course is under in TGC19 is Schuylkill CC Front Beta.

Feel free to give me feedback on anything. Donald Ross greens are unique in design. If you aren’t careful on many of his greens your ball will simply roll off the green. Greens 4 and 9 are very challenging (in real life and the game). Those greenS will eat you up if you don’t play them smart. I have been experimenting and play testing those holes to make sure they aren’t ridiculous.

Course Tour - http://www.schuylkillcc.com/history.php (#16 is where I had my hole in one)
Top 100 Donald Ross Courses https://www.top100golfcourses.com/architect/donald-ross

Before I retired to the beach I worked in Greensboro NC and lived about a mile from the front gate of Sedgefield CC home of the Wyndem Championship on your and it's a Donald Ross design. Lots of false fronts also there and his courses make you pay if your shot is a little off. I look forward to giving your design a test and will let you know how it played.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Cool. It’s just a beta. A buddy told me pin placement 4 is impossible on #9 so I’ll need to move it for the full 18 version.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:Ok guys, I’ve been working on my first course with ChadGolf’s Lidar tool and I published a beta version of the front 9 tonight. I am somewhat close to finishing the full 18 but I still have work to do. I just wanted to see the finished holes in action. It’s been pretty fun making the course. The Lidar input tool is amazing. When I originally tried to import the Lidar data it just wouldn’t work. Then I watched Chad’s Twitch stream of him using the tool and I FINALLY figured out that the data for my course was older and in feet not in meters. I had to make that adjustment in the tool (long story) and, bam, there it was. When the property first dropped I was astounded at how legit the course looked. All of the greens, slope of the course, etc. are spot on.

I'll give this a test tonight... sounds great! I'm trying to reproduce my local country club course using ChadGolf's LiDAR tool, but I can't get things to mesh up. If you didn't know what the course was supposed to look like, it would look 'okay' I guess, but my planting skills are horrific. Nothing looks like it should be growing where it's growing when I'm done :?

Have your found a good tutorial video or guide for this tool?

I'll give you some feedback on your beta course after I've played it.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote: I finished at +8, and Leadfoot was leading at -1. You know a course is tricked out when only one person in this crowd breaks par on it!? 8O
... and I was hanging on for dear life!!!! Concentrating more that normal for sure...
I would take a 71 at this course any day, especially the way I've been playing over the last two months. You must have avoided the double bogeys, or worse, a lot better than I did in this round.

I was actually -2 after 4 holes, but I became unhinged on the 5th hole, when my 8 iron approach shot with a "Perfect/Slow" tempo wound up carrying too long and too far right. It wound up in the water because it carried too far due to the "slow" downswing tempo :? I overcorrected on the next approach and had a fast downswing tempo which put me in the water to the left of the green.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

J_Cauthen wrote:.... but I became unhinged on the 5th hole, when my 8 iron approach shot with a "Perfect/Slow" tempo wound up carrying too long and too far right.
99% of my bogey's (and worse) are a result of Perfect/Slow (or VERY SLOW). Controller version of the "yips" for me....

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Had fun on this course today, scored well. Gotta take advantage of the Par-5's.... That 15th hole was fun. :)
yea, its a fun sucker. I haven't played the tournament for tonight yet. How did he set it up?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

That was a tricky one for sure, was pretty much on pins and needles every hole and just missed a birdie on the 18th to tie Leadfoot by inches.

Just finished playing Diablo’s creation with the man himself for the first 9 holes as the other 9 weren’t quite uploaded yet. Diablo, you put a lot of hard work there and should be proud of your work. Give it a try boys.

We all have our annoyances, hiccups, tempo issues and of course controllers problems. Personally, falling short of 10-15 yards in distance from the T feels like I am playing catch up constantly with all of you. Keep relying on my short game to get me afloat. Kept trying different controllers, same dilemma. It must be the loose sticks. :evil:

Will finish playing the daily later on as I stopped half way when I joined Diablo’s course. It’s been awhile but had a hole in one I think on the third hole.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

fsquid wrote:
Leadfoot5 wrote:
yea, its a fun sucker. I haven't played the tournament for tonight yet. How did he set it up?

Bring your radar as those are the thinnest fairways I have ever seen. :lol:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I posted the full 18 tonight as a beta. The greens are set to slow medium. If you go any faster your ball will simply roll off a few greens. A few of my buddies tried fast greens and couldn’t hold a few greens. If interested give the full 18 a whirl. Search - SCC Beta 1.0
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:

I'll give this a test tonight... sounds great! I'm trying to reproduce my local country club course using ChadGolf's LiDAR tool, but I can't get things to mesh up. If you didn't know what the course was supposed to look like, it would look 'okay' I guess, but my planting skills are horrific. Nothing looks like it should be growing where it's growing when I'm done :?

Have your found a good tutorial video or guide for this tool?

I'll give you some feedback on your beta course after I've played it.
Chad has a video on Twitch where he is using the tool. Maybe that will help. It helped me a lot. Its over 2 hours. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/414113375

I actually had an ace on #16 today on my simulator. Same hole I had my real hole in one.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Here is the ace I mentioned in the post above.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

That was a nice roll man.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:I posted the full 18 tonight as a beta. The greens are set to slow medium. If you go any faster your ball will simply roll off a few greens. A few of my buddies tried fast greens and couldn’t hold a few greens. If interested give the full 18 a whirl. Search - SCC Beta 1.0
Excellent! I'll set that for Monday's daily. I played the front nine beta and really enjoyed it, even with its allotment of "slopy" greens. It's a classic looking course and I bet you were glad you had LiDAR to help you with some of that topography... I can't imagine how much work it would take to reproduce some of that with the terrain tools in the designer.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:Here is the ace I mentioned in the post above.
Oh yeah... that was sweet! That was brilliant to play the ball out to the right and three yards long to take advantage of that slope :D Seriously though, that was fun to watch!