The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

R1zzo23
Mario Mendoza

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by R1zzo23 »

bulls23 wrote:
R1zzo23 wrote:Promptly finished with a round of +22 to end the tournament +102. But as I always say you’re only as good as your last shot and I sunk a 20-foot birdie to cap off that historic performance!
I don't know whether to congratulate you or pity you for finishing that tournament. I would have quit and told myself "I missed the cut"
LMAO! I used it as a bunch of practice rounds to try a few things out. It’s clear it’s going to take me a long, long time to become competitive.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

I finally picked this up. One thing that drives me mad is that nearly every hole that is a par 4 or 5, I will default to something like a 6 iron on the tee. I have to manually go up clubs until I get to my 3 wood or driver. Any idea why this happens? Really annoying, but it nearly always gives me the right club for a par 3.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

fletcher21 wrote:I finally picked this up. One thing that drives me mad is that nearly every hole that is a par 4 or 5, I will default to something like a 6 iron on the tee. I have to manually go up clubs until I get to my 3 wood or driver. Any idea why this happens? Really annoying, but it nearly always gives me the right club for a par 3.
Have you got "Shot Suggestion" set to "On" under "Settings/Gameplay"? It sounds like you don't, but I'm thinking it *should* default to on. Some par fours with short doglegs will put an iron in your hand, but you shouldn't be seeing that as often as you're suggestion you're seeing.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Strange happenings on the XBox One/TGC 2019 server continue. I've had a number of issues that seem to be stemming from the HB Studios server for this game over the last four days. Today was really bad... first, I saw only three names from which to pick ghost players from in round 3, when I know there were at least twice that many who'd already played the round.

Secondly, I got out on the course and got what felt like a random, very fast downswing on the second hole, putting me in the water, which resulted in a bizarre drop, 140 yards behind and on the other side of the water from where I should have dropped.

Three holes later, I got a "very slow" downswing, which again felt like it came out of nowhere, which thankfully I was able to salvage par from. At that point, I powered down my XBox One and unplugged it for 15, or so minutes and cold booted it. I didn't have another very fast or very slow downswing for the remainder of the round, but I did get my normal ration of fasts and one slow, which was expected.

Finally, after completed my less than stellar round, which included a 4-putt double bogey from 11 feet on the 14th hole (after watching Vader drain his 9'ish footer for birdie :D ). That was all on me and my desire to take the break out of the putt with speed... rarely works out well when I try that! Heck, the double bogey putt was from six feet, so it could have been worse 8O Anyway, when I saw the leaderboard after the round, there were nine names listed. I never saw more than four names listed on the leaderboard through the round, however.

Oh, one other information note: JimmyDeicide has been added to the DSP Society... I'd like to be the first to welcome "The Deicide" to the family. His membership, BTW, brings us up to 25 members total now, with two more recent requests awaiting completion from the applicants.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Is anyone else seeing incomplete leaderboards here lately? I only had three options of ghosts with whom to play my final round at Colonial, yet I knew that at least 8 people had already completed that final round. When I finished the round, there were nine names listed with 72 hole totals... that's just one example.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

J_Cauthen wrote:Is anyone else seeing incomplete leaderboards here lately? I only had three options of ghosts with whom to play my final round at Colonial, yet I knew that at least 8 people had already completed that final round. When I finished the round, there were nine names listed with 72 hole totals... that's just one example.
I have, it’s been on/off for sure. Heck not even the calendar events are up to par when I log in daily. It often posts results from an event that happened a week ago, and not the latest event.

Just saw the final results for the weekend, tights as nails, congrats on the great win.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:I have, it’s been on/off for sure. Heck not even the calendar events are up to par when I log in daily. It often posts results from an event that happened a week ago, and not the latest event.
Yeah, I get that also, and have been for a long while before these other problems started showing up. I've been asked to rate a course we'd played three weeks earlier, at times!?
ust saw the final results for the weekend, tights as nails, congrats on the great win.
I played my final round late Sunday night. I accidentally went against my house rules about looking at the leaderboard in between holes, so as not to prematurely learn the status of my playing companions for up to 14 holes in advance of the hole they're playing with me. When I did that, I could see that Joz and Vader had each posted -30 for 72 holes.

I knew just what I had to shoot to get there, and I was able to pull it off with three "driver off the deck" shots that were possible because I had an 84 to 90% fairway lie with each of them. One of them led to a tap in birdie on 17, that I had to have to inch ahead of them. I had to scramble for par on the 18th hole, sinking the par putt from 7 feet. My knees were knocking over that putt! :D

I enjoyed the tournament, but it felt screwy not knowing what others were shooting, after I had spoiled the leaderboard and was actually following it. At least three other player's scores didn't show up until AFTER I had completed the round... and I know for a fact they weren't playing their rounds concurrently with me.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Today's Daily is at Cherokee CC (LiDAR). It plays like 6,400 yards off the blues. I love the textures of this course and it's also fun to play.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:Today's Daily is at Cherokee CC (LiDAR). It plays like 6,400 yards off the blues. I love the textures of this course and it's also fun to play.
Yeah, it's a great course. Loved it.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Yeah, it's a great course. Loved it.
I played six holes there to evaluate it for including it in our season and liked what I saw. Tonight, tee shot off the first hole traveled 8 yards... I've never hit a shorter tee shot in my TGC 2019 career. I was on the tee and preparing to hit, then I remembered the radio program I wanted to hear was about to go live, so I set my tablet to stream it so I could listen while I played. When I picked my controller back up, my index finger contacted the left thumbstick, somehow initiating and completed a swing. LOL... the ball didn't even make it to the Pro tee from the Tournament tee, but at least I had a good lie.

I went bogey, bogey, bogey on the first three holes, after getting two "perfect/very fast" tempos off tees two and three. I got another "perfect/very fast" which led to a triple bogey on 6. I figured a cache clearing reboot might be in order so I did so. I didn't get a "perfect/very fast" after that, but I still stunk it up, with three more 3-putts after that. It was a good course though, I just had one of those rounds where I had no confidence over a putt.

I played with the ghost rounds of the top three finishers and you all gave me a first class rump-roasting in this one! :)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Today's Daily is at TPC Tiger Woods course, after 10spro recommended it last week. I haven't had a chance to play it yet myself, but it looks good even from the splash screen!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:Today's Daily is at TPC Tiger Woods course, after 10spro recommended it last week. I haven't had a chance to play it yet myself, but it looks good even from the splash screen!
Quite possibly the best looking course in the game. It's so damn good.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote:Today's Daily is at TPC Tiger Woods course, after 10spro recommended it last week. I haven't had a chance to play it yet myself, but it looks good even from the splash screen!
Quite possibly the best looking course in the game. It's so damn good.
I was so out of position all round today....
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Its hard to play golf when your thinking about Hockey :mrgreen:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Its hard to play golf when your thinking about Hockey :mrgreen:
Happy Gilmore did aight.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Nine participants in a daily. Good showing boys. Loved that course.

I am expecting a low scoring weekend for the usual suspects...

R1zzo23
Mario Mendoza

Post by R1zzo23 »

Upset I missed out on that course and tournament. Not like I would have competed anyways lol. :lol:

R1zzo23
Mario Mendoza

Post by R1zzo23 »

Just shot +16 in the first round because I had a 10 on a par-3 due to lag on backswing three times, resulting in water hazards each time. Fun fun fun!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

R1zzo23 wrote:Just shot +16 in the first round because I had a 10 on a par-3 due to lag on backswing three times, resulting in water hazards each time. Fun fun fun!
Does the lag occur early or late in the swing? I've gotten to where if I see anything unusual with the backswing animation, I'll abort the swing, allow it to reset and start over. The thing I notice the most is a reluctance for the back swing animation to start, and when it does start it will appear to jump a couple of frames. Those are the ones that lead to the disastrous, "very slow" downswing. If you see that, stop the swing immediately and after your golfer is back at the address position, go right back with the swing. It'll work without a hitch, 95% of the time after a stutter.

Oh, are you playing on an XBox One X? I've found that it makes a difference in the way this game looks and performs.

R1zzo23
Mario Mendoza

Post by R1zzo23 »

I’m on an original XBOX One, so I guess I’ll learn to abort the swing. To do that, do you just have to stop swinging?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

R1zzo23 wrote:I’m on an original XBOX One, so I guess I’ll learn to abort the swing. To do that, do you just have to stop swinging?
Yeah, just let go of the stick and the golfer animation will stop and reset to the address position.

R1zzo23
Mario Mendoza

Post by R1zzo23 »

Played the last 3 rounds: +7, +1, +5. Not bad at all!

R1zzo23
Mario Mendoza

Post by R1zzo23 »

And the round of me shooting +7, I put it into the water twice and had two chips where I hit the ball one foot each lol. So those were 4 strokes that could have been easily avoided.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Couldn't make a putt to save my life in rounds 3 and 4 but for once I was still in contention after 2 rounds.

I notice a lot more courses where the par 5's are not reachable unless using tournament clubs. Just curious who in our society is using tourney clubs?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:Couldn't make a putt to save my life in rounds 3 and 4 but for once I was still in contention after 2 rounds.

I notice a lot more courses where the par 5's are not reachable unless using tournament clubs. Just curious who in our society is using tourney clubs?
I was ravaged by six or seven "very slow" downswings in round 4, and probably as many "Slow" downswings. I reached some par 5's in rounds 1 through 3, but I had to use a driver off the deck to do it... and those only in cases where my fairway lie quality was 87%, or greater. This was with Pro clubs.

I've wondered if it might not be a good idea, at least for the Dailies, to never select a tee set that exceeds 7,200 yards?