The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by Danimal »

Was -5 going into that hole ended up +2 after the hole. Absurd, half the field quit after that round. Didn't affect Vader though :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Anyone else notice some very slight stuttering at times during yesterday's tournament? Only happened maybe 3 times and it was real quick, but it did cause me to hit a "very slow" on one of my drives which I never do. I always hook it if anything.

Anyway, hit an eagle on the 18th to finally beat the beast Vader. I haven't checked to see if I won, but I was pretty pumped. Wife asked what happened, when I told her I heard the most careless "Alright!" I have ever heard :lol:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:Anyone else notice some very slight stuttering at times during yesterday's tournament? Only happened maybe 3 times and it was real quick, but it did cause me to hit a "very slow" on one of my drives which I never do. I always hook it if anything.
I didn't notice any stuttering, but I was playing this round with my XBox One X video output set to 1080p. I find that I get more consistent swing and animation performance when I do this, especially when I'm playing a course that has heavy grass planting. My TCL Series 6 display does a good job of upscaling the 1080p output to 4K. I have to pick it apart to spot the differences to be honest, but they're there.
Anyway, hit an eagle on the 18th to finally beat the beast Vader. I haven't checked to see if I won, but I was pretty pumped. Wife asked what happened, when I told her I heard the most careless "Alright!" I have ever heard :lol:
I had a career round, right on the heels of your round, and shot a 61 (-11)... a round that included a bogey, a double bogey, and two eagles. It was a roller coaster ride, but I enjoyed it! :D

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Lancer wrote:GC 2019 - Free May 16th as a part of Xbox Live Games with Gold for May 2019

https://majornelson.com/2019/04/29/xbox ... -may-2019/
I think this will be good for the game in getting it more exposure. I suspect that they have a new title waiting in the wings for July or August and this could seed some more potential buyers for the new game.

Those of you who do pick it up free later this month, please give the Digital Sportspage Society a trial. We have an 18 hole tournament daily, on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and then a 72 hour tournament Thursday through Sunday. The 72 hole tournament usually is at the same venue as the PGA Tour for the corresponding week, as I think almost every PGA tour course has been replicated now. You'll see a lot of familiar names in this tour :)

I'll be in that boat, loved playing the daily tournies we had back when I was more active.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Was at my friends Saturday, he has a modded Xbox controller with zero axis abilities. He only had TGC 2 so we played that. My lord it takes any fun out of the game. You can flick the stick any direction and get a perfectly straight path 100% of the time and what I discovered quickly is when you don't have to concentrate on being straight with the stick getting a perfect tempo is a breeze.

With one of these things all you really need to do it putt and pick the correct club. I shot a -11 without much effort as almost every putt was inside 8 feet.

He then showed me how he uses it for shooters which is what he plays and well now I know why I die in BF and what not all the time. These things have rapid fire ability and a load of other crap I didn't understand. Apparently these things are undetectable.

I think I called him an asshole about 35 times.
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Why bother playing video games. Really! :evil:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

10spro wrote:Why bother playing video games. Really! :evil:
Anytime you add a leader board to anything you're going to get cheaters. I would imagine most pro gamers aren't using these as they are banned at tournaments etc. It's just that 14 year old who kills you in COD without batting an eye who is probably using these.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Downloaded and played a round at Sawgrass.

Shot +8 cause I suck at golf games (well all games).

The game is very pretty and as a VERY casual player I like it.

Definitely worth the price of free with Gold.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:Downloaded and played a round at Sawgrass.

Good for you. Now you can enter the DSP’s dailies and weekend tourneys.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:

Dont get crazy.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

XXXIV wrote:
10spro wrote:

Dont get crazy.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:Image
^^^^^^
Posted by the Brooks Koepka of the DSP Society... the man just shot a 63, in round 2, while I was struggling to shoot 71... we're not wortheeeeee! :D I've still got two more rounds to play for the PGA Championship, so I've got more opportunities to fall even further behind him!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Oh I went crazy in this one... like a four quadruple bogey laced, 94 last night in the final round crazy :evil: I tried to binge play my final three rounds while watching the Bucks/Raptors game last night and it was a formula for disaster, after I had a couple of cans of belly wash toward the end of round 3. :) Great tournament by Vader though, he was playing in his own world though, where under-par 72 hole scores are a reality on courses like this!
Last edited by J_Cauthen on Mon May 20, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Yep, F that course :D

Good job Vader!

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

I am sure the answer will be yes, but is the game worth $20? On sale at steam for the pc until Thursday.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

F308GTB wrote:I am sure the answer will be yes, but is the game worth $20? On sale at steam for the pc until Thursday.
If you have an XONE and XBL Gold, it's free this month. Personally I don't like it and find it a step back vs TGC2. I don't like the swing mechanics. Every ball I hit never goes stright and when I look at the shot analyzer the ball is never hit in a straight line. Several times I shanked the ball from the tee and a couple of times the analyzer drew an X. :P

Steam has a 2 hour refund policy but that might not be enough time to figure out if you'll like the game.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Rodster wrote:
F308GTB wrote:I am sure the answer will be yes, but is the game worth $20? On sale at steam for the pc until Thursday.
If you have an XONE and XBL Gold, it's free this month. Personally I don't like it and find it a step back vs TGC2. I don't like the swing mechanics. Every ball I hit never goes stright and when I look at the shot analyzer the ball is never hit in a straight line. Several times I shanked the ball from the tee and a couple of times the analyzer drew an X. :P

Steam has a 2 hour refund policy but that might not be enough time to figure out if you'll like the game.
So I guess TGC2 at Humble Bundle for $5 for the next few days is a much better buy.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The thing with the previous versions is that you may still experience the ridiculous bounces off the greens especially on firm conditions. The 19 version has somewhat fixed those issues albeit bringing new ones as Rodster was saying based on the feedback meter. I personally gave up and turned it off as my sticks are not in good condition either.

Unless you own of those fixed controllers, I don’t think your shots will be shown as straight on a consistent basis. It may work on with beginner clubs but not with the more difficult clubs.

For sure try the game for free if you have a game pass, the DSP community is still playing the daily and weekly tournaments and you can make your own decision from there.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

F308GTB wrote:
Rodster wrote:

So I guess TGC2 at Humble Bundle for $5 for the next few days is a much better buy.
It also has it’s share of problems wrt physics but for a fiver, that’s lunch money. I still don’t think they fixed their physics issues with TGC 2019 but getting the game for free means i’ll complain a lot less.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Great course on Monday this week...really enjoyed it
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:Great course on Monday this week...really enjoyed it
Yeah, I played it last Friday after a tip, and then fell asleep before I could play it yesterday... that friggin' NBA game running long got my attention, and I fell asleep during the postgame. It's a LiDAR creation and it looks to be very faithful to the look and feel of the course on which it's based.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Rodster wrote:It also has it’s share of problems wrt physics but for a fiver, that’s lunch money. I still don’t think they fixed their physics issues with TGC 2019 but getting the game for free means i’ll complain a lot less.
I still think mid and long irons tend to run out too much on approach shots, but the short irons are closer to reality in TGC 2019. I'd much rather play TGC 2019 and TGC 2, but both are considerably better than TGC 1, in terms of gameplay, IMO.

I'm finding a lot of people are hating on TGC 2019 because they don't understand the full effect of tempo on the shot result. It's really a bit counter-intuitive to someone who plays golf. It took me a while to grasp what was going on with it when I started playing. I like having to manage the added dimension of tempo, but would enjoy it more if they could model its effects in a way that was more consistent with reality, and swing path would have its more tangible affect on hooks and slices.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

J_Cauthen wrote:I'm finding a lot of people are hating on TGC 2019 because they don't understand the full effect of tempo on the shot result. It's really a bit counter-intuitive to someone who plays golf.
That's the thing, i've never played or will ever play real golf. However there is something I love about playing virtual golf, maybe it's my fondness when my first PC game I ever played was Links 386. But I can't get the tempo swing to work in TGC 2019. I will say though that I liked TGC 1 far more than the two successors because the physics in the first game weren't as batsh*t crazy as in TGC 2 and from what i've been reading TGC 2019 still has not properly fixed the issue because you still read about players "rage quitting".

I'm definitely not hating on TGC 2019 because I got it for free but it hasn't won me over. It may be time for me to revisit TW Golf on the Xbox 360.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Rodster wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote:I'm finding a lot of people are hating on TGC 2019 because they don't understand the full effect of tempo on the shot result. It's really a bit counter-intuitive to someone who plays golf.
That's the thing, i've never played or will ever play real golf. However there is something I love about playing virtual golf, maybe it's my fondness when my first PC game I ever played was Links 386. But I can't get the tempo swing to work in TGC 2019. I will say though that I liked TGC 1 far more than the two successors because the physics in the first game weren't as batsh*t crazy as in TGC 2 and from what i've been reading TGC 2019 still has not properly fixed the issue because you still read about players "rage quitting".

I'm definitely not hating on TGC 2019 because I got it for free but it hasn't won me over. It may be time for me to revisit TW Golf on the Xbox 360.
Rodster, I understand your point. This interface in TGC 2019 isn't going to strike a chord with a lot of gamers. If it doesn't suit you, it doesn't suit you. I hope that a future iteration of the game will take at least some of your criticisms into account. Many of which, have been aired and acknowledged by HBS... how much and whether they do anything about them is another story.

When you say you can't get the tempo swing to work for you in 2019, are you saying you're having trouble hitting a perfect/perfect tempo? I hit perfect/perfect maybe 85% of the time using Pro clubs, and maybe 75% of the time using Master clubs.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Guys, some of my HB Studios and Operation Sports forum friends have expressed an interest in playing in the DSP Society on XBox One. Their registrations here have to be approved by Scoop or Jared, but they're pending. I'm pleased to welcome SeoulReaper23, to the Digital Sportspage Society. Knock 'em stiff out there TJ! I'll announce the other two once their application and registrations are in.

One other one is now in, please welcome "74 Raiders" to the DSP Society!