The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by Danimal »

Was speed playing the daily and was -6 going into 14 and tripled it thanks to my dog jumping on me LOL

Anyway this course seem similar to what I remember. The backdrop is off but honestly there isn't a really good back drop for CC that have homes on them so no big deal.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

GC 2019 - Free May 16th as a part of Xbox Live Games with Gold for May 2019

https://majornelson.com/2019/04/29/xbox ... -may-2019/

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It looks like this could be one of MS free XBL Gold games for May.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:It looks like this could be one of MS free XBL Gold games for May.
What gave you that idea? (looks a post up) :D :D :D
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Rodster wrote:It looks like this could be one of MS free XBL Gold games for May.
What gave you that idea? (looks a post up) :D :D :D
Oh snap, I missed that thanks !

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Lancer wrote:GC 2019 - Free May 16th as a part of Xbox Live Games with Gold for May 2019

https://majornelson.com/2019/04/29/xbox ... -may-2019/
I think this will be good for the game in getting it more exposure. I suspect that they have a new title waiting in the wings for July or August and this could seed some more potential buyers for the new game.

Those of you who do pick it up free later this month, please give the Digital Sportspage Society a trial. We have an 18 hole tournament daily, on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and then a 72 hour tournament Thursday through Sunday. The 72 hole tournament usually is at the same venue as the PGA Tour for the corresponding week, as I think almost every PGA tour course has been replicated now. You'll see a lot of familiar names in this tour :)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I reached an embarrassingly new low with this game yesterday in the final round of our 72 hole tournament at Quail Hollow... a 94 was carded by 'moi! A 4-putt green from 7 feet on the third or fourth hole ignited a Jon Daly-esque, fit-plagued round. I did get up and down from the left side of the creek on the 18th green for a closing par, so at least it ended on a positive note. :wink:

Good performance by Vader again this week. I was within two strokes of him after 45 holes, but the back nine of round 3 was sort of the precursor to my meltdown in round 4.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I was ok after two rounds. Then my constant hesitation and misunderstanding as to why my shots don’t shoot straight on my feedback swing starts taking over. I end up with slow downswings, often lacking distance and ending inn slices. Of course I try to mentally straighten up the momentum swing and instead in ends up in the water a few times with a hook.

It was frustrating, pitch shots within 60 yards just sail on me, It’s becoming at times so mental for me in trying to see what’s wrong on my feedback swing that it becomes a separate game within the game.

Might just turn the damn feedback off as Vader suggested me and take it from there.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I was -4 going into 18 in todays daily and the last hole has the stutters like I've never seen before. I felt like I was on a 300 baud modem, it was unplayable and I ended up with a double bogey. Did anyone else have a problem on that hole or was it my Xbox?
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:I was -4 going into 18 in todays daily and the last hole has the stutters like I've never seen before. I felt like I was on a 300 baud modem, it was unplayable and I ended up with a double bogey. Did anyone else have a problem on that hole or was it my Xbox?
Happened to me as well, as my approach shot neared the green, I could count the frames as the animation stuttered. It was affecting my putting animation also. I had to back out of two par putt attempts before I got a stroke I felt like I could halfway manage. I was lucky to make the putt in spite of that.

It was so odd because the course didn't stutter anywhere else. There were a number of ruin structures in this area, the likes of which I'd never seen before. I think a lot of them were other building accessories patched together to look like something else. It looked interesting, but I think it was just overdone on 18, resulting in the bogged down animation.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DSP Daily tournament for Tuesday, May 8th: Susquehannock Golf Club (Members). I'm bringing this one up because this course is simply spectacular. It's made by one of the game's top 5 designers, CSUGolfer60, IMO. This course is just dripping with character and is a fair, but challenging venture. I played the Tour version earlier today (with empty grandstands and camera towers) and enjoyed it tremendously, but I was struggling to break par on it. There are some deceptively deep fairway bunkers that have a way of sneaking up on you.

The designer recommends starting with the Members version to get accustomed to the course, thus I set it for the members version.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:It was so odd because the course didn't stutter anywhere else. There were a number of ruin structures in this area, the likes of which I'd never seen before. I think a lot of them were other building accessories patched together to look like something else. It looked interesting, but I think it was just overdone on 18, resulting in the bogged down animation.
Ok glad it wasn't just me. I really liked the course and was going to favorite it until that last hole.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Sorry for my oversight in forgetting to change the tees to the tips at Susquehannock GC yesterday. I knew something was amiss when I played the 376 yard par 5 third hole! 8O :oops: That might now be my favorite course in the game... when played of the back tees, which even then are only like 6,800 yards.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Round two of the weekend tournament. Hole #12, supposedly the most difficult one. Really? Give yourself a double scotch if you didn’t feel like quitting right there. :evil:

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

No kidding! I got lucky with a quadruple bogey:). Chipped it in after it went past the hole a rolled back down and in.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:Round two of the weekend tournament. Hole #12, supposedly the most difficult one. Really? Give yourself a double scotch if you didn’t feel like quitting right there. :evil:
I'll be playing that round this afternoon... thanks for the warning! This is a pretty Spartan rendering of Trinity Forest Golf Club, and I think it was the only one available at the time Vadar set the tournament. I honestly couldn't tell you what course I was playing if it didn't have a name attached to it.

Out of curiosity I did find a more recently published Trinity Forest Golf Club and played the back nine. It looks more like Trinity Forest in terms of course objects and trees, and while it's got a more defined topography than the one we're playing, it still falls short of undulations of the real course. This is a course that would have benefited greatly from LiDAR rendering, but only designers with a PC can do that.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:No kidding! I got lucky with a quadruple bogey:). Chipped it in after it went past the hole a rolled back down and in.
You guys have got me scared to play it now! 8O At least we're all having to play the same track! 8)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

lol to the 2nd round hole 12, like you guys said. WTF are they thinking?

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
JOZ wrote:No kidding! I got lucky with a quadruple bogey:). Chipped it in after it went past the hole a rolled back down and in.
You guys have got me scared to play it now! 8O At least we're all having to play the same track! 8)
I ended up with a double bogey on that hole, holes 12 and 13 were the only holes I had any trouble with throughout the entire tourney.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

vader29 wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote:
I ended up with a double bogey on that hole, holes 12 and 13 were the only holes I had any trouble with throughout the entire tourney.
Was -6 and leading the second round heading into that hole. Shot a max +7 for the hole, couldn't figure out how to approach the hole and not run off... Now I'm 8 strokes off the lead heading to the third round.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

That’s what frustrated me the most. I was decent after the first round at -10. The way I’ve been struggling with this game I was quite content with that score. Wasn’t hitting as many birdies on the second round which is fine, until the dreadful #12. I took the maximum allowable shots but mentally I was like ‘what a crappy way to ruin a tournament’. Pure BS at its best. :evil:

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

That was absurd. Rage quit the tourney after hitting the ball repeatedly and having it roll down the green and off until it just moved me on to the next hole.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Sudz wrote:That was absurd. Rage quit the tourney after hitting the ball repeatedly and having it roll down the green and off until it just moved me on to the next hole.

And that's precisely why I never bought TGC 2019. I gave up on TGC 2 and their defy the laws of physics crap.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:And that's precisely why I never bought TGC 2019. I gave up on TGC 2 and their defy the laws of physics crap.
It was strictly a poor hole position. Let’s not get carried away.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Rodster wrote:And that's precisely why I never bought TGC 2019. I gave up on TGC 2 and their defy the laws of physics crap.
It was strictly a poor hole position. Let’s not get carried away.
It's still an ongoing issue that hasn't been resolved.