The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by Diablo25 »

I don’t know if there was a patch or something but I am having major frame rate issues with the game all of a sudden. Had to quit the daily it was so bad. Anyone else?
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Diablo25 wrote:I don’t know if there was a patch or something but I am having major frame rate issues with the game all of a sudden. Had to quit the daily it was so bad. Anyone else?
Don’t have any frame rate issues after the patch but the almost 2 second black screen between every shot is really annoying.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

There was a 'stability' update issued for the XBox One version sometime Thursday. I've played 45 holes with it and I do notice the longer "black screen" in between shots (as the next screen is being drawn), but I haven't noticed any difference in frame rate. I didn't have much in the way of stability issues on the XBox One X, prior to this update, so I can't say that it's helped with that. I had got an occasional screen freeze of 2 to 4 seconds, but none since this update. I'd gone 45 holes without a screen freeze prior to this update though.

I'm more interested in a scoring, stat, record keeping, spoiler leaderboard patch right now. I think one is coming but I can't get a handle on when.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

If I can figure out how to post video clips, I would really like some help before I end up destroying my new TV in anger. I cannot understand why I can't hit a straight drive. I am sure it's got to be me doing something stupid or not understanding the UI and game mechanics, otherwise, I can't imagine there would not be more frustrated people. It's got to be me. I was never good at TGC1 or TGC2, but I could at least drive straight most of the time, and when I did not, I had some idea as to why.

Side Note: It used to be very simple to make a video clip on the Xbox, open the Youtube app on the Xbox, then upload the video clip that you had saved. This option no longer seems available. So now I am saving to One Drive, then having to login to Youtube on PC, then figure out how to upload from One Drive to my Youtube channel, but seems to be an issue there with my security setting or something. When did they decide to make it so difficult to post a video clip to be accessible to the public?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So the 2 second black screen thing is beyond annoying, I almost quit out of my round.

Also it seems like they locked the frame rate, my golfers swing is much slower. Not stuttering just slower.

Also who is Jersey Shore? I don't know any DSP guy by that handle.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Danimal wrote:Also who is Jersey Shore? I don't know any DSP guy by that handle.
I just banned him but the game said it will allow him to complete the tourney he started, there are guys that hop in and out of societys to build up their coins. Set the society back to private for now.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

DChaps wrote:If I can figure out how to post video clips, I would really like some help before I end up destroying my new TV in anger. I cannot understand why I can't hit a straight drive. I am sure it's got to be me doing something stupid or not understanding the UI and game mechanics, otherwise, I can't imagine there would not be more frustrated people. It's got to be me. I was never good at TGC1 or TGC2, but I could at least drive straight most of the time, and when I did not, I had some idea as to why.

Side Note: It used to be very simple to make a video clip on the Xbox, open the Youtube app on the Xbox, then upload the video clip that you had saved. This option no longer seems available. So now I am saving to One Drive, then having to login to Youtube on PC, then figure out how to upload from One Drive to my Youtube channel, but seems to be an issue there with my security setting or something. When did they decide to make it so difficult to post a video clip to be accessible to the public?
You can download your clips that are uploaded to xbox live from here: https://xboxdvr.com/ they won't be in 4k though, you would have to record using a usb external hard drive and transfer that to your pc to upload to youtube if you want a 4k clip, don't know why youtube did away with the direct upload button on the xbox.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

vader29 wrote:You can download your clips that are uploaded to xbox live from here: https://xboxdvr.com/ they won't be in 4k though, you would have to record using a usb external hard drive and transfer that to your pc to upload to youtube if you want a 4k clip, don't know why youtube did away with the direct upload button on the xbox.
Thanks for that link. Very cool. Still don't understand why my drives won't go straight. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone half-decent could look at the clips below and tell me what I may be doing wrong. In looking at the replays, the only thing I could think is tempo, but that never seems to make a difference when I am practicing, and I don't think the 1st two versions of TGC would have tempo impact the direction of the drive, but maybe I am wrong. I thought I had a clip where it said perfect on the tempo, was relatively straight in the little window, but the shot went far right. Anyway, so trying to like this game as I like the first 2, but this is just torture so far for me. :)

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/dchaps66/video/60367698

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/dchaps66/video/60367717

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/dchaps66/video/60370969

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

All those clips are showing me the same video. Anyway the drive tempo was slow and very slow, this is going to effect the ball going straight way more than being a bit off center. In fact you will see less movement if you tempo is perfect but the line isn't perfectly straight. Of course perfect tempo and a very out of whack path is not good but work on tempo to improve your drives.

While i didn't see a chipping video I can tell you what worked for me. When I am swinging full I tend to hold my follow through by pushing the stick and hitting the end of the controller and keeping it there. I envision this as holding my finish. With chips, I try to stop the stick moving at impact, for whatever reason I get chips that land soft that way instead of ones that are blasted past the target line and rolling off the green.
Follow Me on:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Yep all about your tempo, your downswing affects the ball going either left or right depending on your speed, it will go to your left on a fast downswing and to your right on a slow downswing, these are the videos from HB Studios that explain it the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgnN7-eb3rY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEI0PYqWF-c

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Is everyone aware of a bug in society play where after finishing your first round if you immediately continue on to your second round you will be playing the exact same pins you did in your first round? :?

-MERACE

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Yep, thanks Mark.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I saw the black screen on/off in my second round with the odd choppiness and dare I say some frame rate issues. Was slightly better in the third round where it was nice to see some rain.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

MERACE wrote:Is everyone aware of a bug in society play where after finishing your first round if you immediately continue on to your second round you will be playing the exact same pins you did in your first round? :?

-MERACE
Oh wow, did not know that! Thanks!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:I saw the black screen on/off in my second round with the odd choppiness and dare I say some frame rate issues. Was slightly better in the third round where it was nice to see some rain.
I played my third round last night and saw major frame rate issues... like averaging in the mid to high teens in the FPS department. It was royally screwing up my tempo, as in lucky to shoot an 82. I rebooted my XBox One X twice to try to remedy it, to no avail. I haven't tried it today yet, but I will and I'll report back.

I'm trying to imagine how server or connectivity issues could affect frame rate that bad? I thought once all the hole data was loaded, it resided locally in RAM and was played out from there??

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
MERACE wrote:Is everyone aware of a bug in society play where after finishing your first round if you immediately continue on to your second round you will be playing the exact same pins you did in your first round? :?

-MERACE
Oh wow, did not know that! Thanks!
I noticed last night that when I went to select a ghost with whom to play round 3, half the field had play pin set 2 for round 3, while the other half had played pin set 3. I wasn't sure which pin set was right, but my player was locked into pin set 3. I'm sure they're aware of this and it *should* be addressed in the first patch.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

J_Cauthen wrote:
10spro wrote:I saw the black screen on/off in my second round with the odd choppiness and dare I say some frame rate issues. Was slightly better in the third round where it was nice to see some rain.
I played my third round last night and saw major frame rate issues... like averaging in the mid to high teens in the FPS department. It was royally screwing up my tempo, as in lucky to shoot an 82. I rebooted my XBox One X twice to try to remedy it, to no avail. I haven't tried it today yet, but I will and I'll report back.

I'm trying to imagine how server or connectivity issues could affect frame rate that bad? I thought once all the hole data was loaded, it resided locally in RAM and was played out from there??
It was as bad for me on the last round. Was hitting +2 after 14 and all of the sudden I went into the water three bloody times on #15. Double checked my clubs even, screwed my experience for sure after what I thought was a decent -7 after three rounds. Round 4 was a nightmare, as it felt I was swinging with mud. :evil:

Finished at +2.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I played round 3 right after round 2 but didn't pay any attention to the pins being the same, didn't have any rain in that 3rd round either so I guess the weather settings carried over from the 2nd round also.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

My framerates were fine...it's my shot making and putting that was out of whack.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

dbdynsty25 wrote:My framerates were fine...it's my shot making and putting that was out of whack.
Yep, my framerates were back to fine in round 4. I have no excuse for my second consecutive round in the 80's, in that one other than my sucky, only 2 perfect/perfect tempo swings for the round. I still had fun playing the round because there were some storybook pars I managed to eek out. I think friendBOMBER's rendition of East Lake is commercial quality.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Shot a 77 yesterday, unfortunately it was in real life not in this game.

I'm already losing interest in this game based on the shots into the green. I understand a hybrid or 6 iron rolling. I don't understand a wedge or 9 iron rolling out like a skull f***ed the shot.
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:Shot a 77 yesterday, unfortunately it was in real life not in this game.

I'm already losing interest in this game based on the shots into the green. I understand a hybrid or 6 iron rolling. I don't understand a wedge or 9 iron rolling out like a skull f***ed the shot.
By far the biggest complain of mine as well. Been that way since the 1st version of the game. Clearly they haven't figured out spin/green physics yet. I definitely shouldn't be trying to land every 9+ club on the very front fringe so it rolls to wherever the pin is. If the pin's in the front, forget it. It's not real golf. I've accepted it now...it's just a game.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Shot a 77 yesterday, unfortunately it was in real life not in this game.

By far the biggest complain of mine as well. Been that way since the 1st version of the game. Clearly they haven't figured out spin/green physics yet. I definitely shouldn't be trying to land every 9+ club on the very front fringe so it rolls to wherever the pin is. If the pin's in the front, forget it. It's not real golf. I've accepted it now...it's just a game.
#1 reason why I dropped playing this almost as fast as I started. The fact is, to this day I still have more fun playing TW13 & 14 over TGC. :-(
GT = Wilk5280

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Game is on sale this week for $37.49 on Xbox One deals with gold.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

So when it comes to picking the type of clubs, it’s (something like) rookie, pro, master, etc.. I choose Pro, but I have no idea what the differences are. Anyone?
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474