The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote: I am with you Jimmy. Irons hit from the fairway should hit, check and stop. I just think the devs realized that would make the game too easy. Hell, there are still people shooting crazy scores even with the rollout.
Guess it depends on the game you're making. The average amateur golfer can't make a ball check up, never mind spin back. Guys I play with who do that are all scratch or +1 or +2. While my average real life shot doesn't roll like it does in this game, I seldom if ever spin a ball back.

Seem like TGC 2 was suppose to represent the average joe golfer, but you could spin the ball, hit crazy accurate chip shots etc. Now this is a PGA game and you can't do any of those things. Just seems odd.

Personally I like the harder chipping, the better rough play and the putting feels perfect in this version. But if I'm hitting a gap wedge from inside 100 yards, watching the ball roll well past the hole is annoying.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Vader, friendBOMBER has released East Lake TOUR for 2019.......

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Vader Is it possible we can get back to dailys and 1 weekly?
Follow Me on:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Danimal wrote:Vader Is it possible we can get back to dailys and 1 weekly?
Seconded.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

DivotMaker wrote:Vader, friendBOMBER has released East Lake TOUR for 2019.......
Awesome!
Danimal wrote:Vader Is it possible we can get back to dailys and 1 weekly?
We can do that.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Got tourneys and daily’s set through September 27th.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

vader29 wrote:Got tourneys and daily’s set through September 27th.

AWESOME,THANKS!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Congratulations to HOGZ-The-Truth for his DSP Society win at TPC Boston! I think you were -24 for the tournament, with Tim (DivotMaker) only three shots back. Good show by Diablo25, at 17 under, I think it was. TPC Boston is not an easy course by any stretch of the imagination. I was happy to escape with my 14 under score! I love the variety of shots I had to play in this tournament. I hope everyone is getting as much out of it as me :D

Oh, and don't miss today's Daily at Arctic Fury's "The House on the Cliff" course. It's the most impressive TGC 2 to TGC 2019 course transitions I've seen yet.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:Congratulations to HOGZ-The-Truth for his DSP Society win at TPC Boston! I think you were -24 for the tournament, with Tim (DivotMaker) only three shots back. Good show by Diablo25, at 17 under, I think it was. TPC Boston is not an easy course by any stretch of the imagination. I was happy to escape with my 14 under score! I love the variety of shots I had to play in this tournament. I hope everyone is getting as much out of it as me :D

Oh, and don't miss today's Daily at Arctic Fury's "The House on the Cliff" course. It's the most impressive TGC 2 to TGC 2019 course transitions I've seen yet.
I HATE it. One of the more annoying courses in the game. LOL.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I HATE it. One of the more annoying courses in the game. LOL.
I'll grant that this one is more of a fantasy course, and not one I'd want to play on a regular basis. My comment about it was more about how faithfully it transferred and benefited in appearance from the 4K enhancement. I take it you plan to skip today's event? :wink:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Yeah, I am not a fan of FANTASY courses and I it showed. Good scoring for those of you Even and better.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:I HATE it. One of the more annoying courses in the game. LOL.
I'll grant that this one is more of a fantasy course, and not one I'd want to play on a regular basis. My comment about it was more about how faithfully it transferred and benefited in appearance from the 4K enhancement. I take it you plan to skip today's event? :wink:
Irony of ironies...I had to play that course in my career mode yesterday and didn’t even note the course, just knew I wasn’t a fan. Then teed off in today’s event and said dammit after hole two. Lol. It does look cool for sure. Just hate how it plays.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yeah not a fan of the course at all. I found my first bit of wonky green physics and it was at Summerline which is surprising since it is an HBS course. Hit some pitches up to a green, ball land a foot short rolls back to my feet, don't recall which hole. It was during my PGA career so I had to finish it out. I like this mode but I think playing the same courses over and over is going to get old fast.

I do like that you can actually putt a ball too hard this year and it will hit the hole and pop out.
Follow Me on:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote:Congratulations to HOGZ-The-Truth for his DSP Society win at TPC Boston! I think you were -24 for the tournament, with Tim (DivotMaker) only three shots back. Good show by Diablo25, at 17 under, I think it was. TPC Boston is not an easy course by any stretch of the imagination. I was happy to escape with my 14 under score! I love the variety of shots I had to play in this tournament. I hope everyone is getting as much out of it as me :D

I HATE it. One of the more annoying courses in the game. LOL.
Ditto. I hate courses with bikini thin landing areas and unrealistic elevation changes.

I like Arctic Fury, but this course I was not a fan of.

Get ready for some low scores this weekend on Aronimink......flattest greens I think I have ever seen. Narrowest fairways too.....

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

In TGC2 a players’ ghost would appear automatically in your round. How do you add it to your round in 19?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:In TGC2 a players’ ghost would appear automatically in your round. How do you add it to your round in 19?
When you get to the launch screen, where you're player's standing on a patio just outside the clubhouse, there's three additional "add player" boxes to the right of your player. Click on the icon for that player - I forget what it says - and select ghost, guest or rival. It will actually pull up the player's avatar and they'll occupy the space where the add player icon had been. I find it so much better playing with a ghost now thanks to those new offset playing companion camera views. It keeps me from suffering from the "in the opponents huddle" syndrome I get from watching them from their swing camera perspective. :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

J_Cauthen wrote:
10spro wrote:In TGC2 a players’ ghost would appear automatically in your round. How do you add it to your round in 19?
When you get to the launch screen, where you're player's standing on a patio just outside the clubhouse, there's three additional "add player" boxes to the right of your player. Click on the icon for that player - I forget what it says - and select ghost, guest or rival. It will actually pull up the player's avatar and they'll occupy the space where the add player icon had been. I find it so much better playing with a ghost now thanks to those new offset playing companion camera views. It keeps me from suffering from the "in the opponents huddle" syndrome I get from watching them from their swing camera perspective. :)
Thanks for this. So let's say I want to follow your ghost. Or whoever, you won't know until you see the scorecard who's played a particular round. You would have to go back to the main screen again to add someone while backing out of the tournament?

Seems like an extra step to do.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Tim, JC, Vader:
I would pay good money (seriously) for any of you to do a tutorial video through a variety of courses/holes and conditions, explaining exactly what you are doing from a club selection, shot selection, shot strategy/execution, and physically what you are then doing with the controller before the shot, followed by a break down/analysis of what worked/what didn't work and why based on what the onscreen displays show after the shot. I searched and have not seen anything quite like this for 2019 or even any of the other versions of TGC. Maybe it's because it would be looked at as giving away secrets or competitive advantage, but this would be awesome. I have done all the tutorials and still don't quite understand what happens and why. I will have a drive that looks pretty straight in the meter, says perfect on the up and down, does not seem to have much wind, but just goes horribly right or left, or very short on power based on the what the club says it should. I know I am terrible, but I am trying to figure out what I need to do differently to get better and can't quite figure it out. :)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:Thanks for this. So let's say I want to follow your ghost. Or whoever, you won't know until you see the scorecard who's played a particular round. You would have to go back to the main screen again to add someone while backing out of the tournament?

Seems like an extra step to do.
What I do is first of all turn my eyes away from the leaderboard, if I can, at the loading of the society. It's going to friggin' spoil all the drama because it's going to show the leader with a score reflecting how many holes they've played, not what round you're about to play. I hit the being round button, not knowing who I'm going to pick yet, but I'll have an idea in rounds 2, 3, or 4, depending on where I was on the in-game leaderboard at the end of the previous round...there it's only going to show the leader through that round.

I've got my Social settings set to not show ghost scores. When I'm making up my group, the ghosts that will be available to me are those who've already completed the round. If they're in the act of playing the current round, they'll show up as a "Rival", but you won't know what hole they're on. I know that if I pick one of the ghosts that are listed, I can add them to my group and play turn order (showing them fully playing their shot as if they're live with me), or turn order off, where all I'll see is their ball and it will play out in a non "order of play" fashion.

If I'm going to play back to back tournament rounds, I'll exit after one round and come back into the clubhouse. This gives me a chance to pick another ghosts if things have changed standings wise, and I want to pair up with someone closer to me in the standings. One thing though, I don't look at the in between hole leaderboard after I finish a hole. It's always going to show your playing companion(s) anywhere from 1 to 14 holes ahead of the hole you're actually playing with them in the round. I spoils the drama of the round, if something like that matters to you. HBS has officially logged that as bug they're going to try to fix.

I hope that answers your question... lemme know if I need to clarify it.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DChaps wrote:Tim, JC, Vader:
I would pay good money (seriously) for any of you to do a tutorial video through a variety of courses/holes and conditions, explaining exactly what you are doing from a club selection, shot selection, shot strategy/execution, and physically what you are then doing with the controller before the shot, followed by a break down/analysis of what worked/what didn't work and why based on what the onscreen displays show after the shot. I searched and have not seen anything quite like this for 2019 or even any of the other versions of TGC. Maybe it's because it would be looked at as giving away secrets or competitive advantage, but this would be awesome. I have done all the tutorials and still don't quite understand what happens and why. I will have a drive that looks pretty straight in the meter, says perfect on the up and down, does not seem to have much wind, but just goes horribly right or left, or very short on power based on the what the club says it should. I know I am terrible, but I am trying to figure out what I need to do differently to get better and can't quite figure it out. :)
I might be able to do something like that on Monday, but keep in mind, I'm the guy who didn't let it get through his thick skull how the new swing interface really works, with tempo being the sole factor that affects hooks or slices, until about four days into playing the game :D :oops: It's worth figuring all that out because the game is really deeper because of it, IMO. I understand the concepts now, but mastering them is going to be an ongoing pursuit!

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

J_Cauthen wrote: I might be able to do something like that on Monday, but keep in mind, I'm the guy who didn't let it get through his thick skull how the new swing interface really works, with tempo being the sole factor that affects hooks or slices, until about four days into playing the game :D :oops: It's worth figuring all that out because the game is really deeper because of it, IMO. I understand the concepts now, but mastering them is going to be an ongoing pursuit!
...But all I keep reading on the HBS forums is that the Master clubs are "too easy". :roll:

The driving in TGC 2019 is slightly easier for me than in TGC2 (although my FIR are almost the same as in TGC2). The short game is what really shines in TGC 2019. 8)

I would like to see the ball flight trajectory be higher and a little more spin added to iron shots. However, I hope they don't go overboard by adding back too much spin. :roll:

I still maintain that the main reason for the ridiculously low scores that I see on the official HBS Society scoreboards is due to the overuse of lofting in the shot shaper. :x If HBS ever decided to eliminate or at least minimize the distance element in the shot shaper I believe that the leaderboard scores would increase by possibly 6-10 shots on the good courses. :)

-MERACE

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

That was probably my best tournament in a DSP event but with that said WTF was that course. How are fairways that small?
Follow Me on:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Danimal wrote:That was probably my best tournament in a DSP event but with that said WTF was that course. How are fairways that small?
They aren't. Simply a horrible course.

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

DivotMaker wrote:
Danimal wrote:That was probably my best tournament in a DSP event but with that said WTF was that course. How are fairways that small?
They aren't. Simply a horrible course.
100% agree.

I could not even finish the first round. :(

-MERACE

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

I stopped when I was +9 after 3 holes