The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by 10spro »

J_Cauthen wrote:
10spro wrote:I find myself playing with Vader often, but it would be nice to have a foursome. Whether you have a mic or not, drop by and experience MP. Diablo happened to join in just to discuss the game.

With the new FF feature, games can end quicker too even with 18 holes.
I bought at BUTFULAKE SL-100 headset back in the Sping, and it was working great. Now all of the sudden it produces no audio, nor seems to be recognized by my XB1-X. It lights up when I plug the USB connector into the XB1-X, but I hear nothing, even after going into Settings and configuring for headphones. Anyone got any quick tips on this? I (or more likely my son) have lost the Microsoft gaming headset I got with my Forza Edition XBox One, years back.

I'd like to hook up for an alt-shot match with some DSP'ers tonight, headset or not. I'm online until probably 3:00 AM EDT.
Ok, I hope you get the sound going John. Hit me up if you want later on or I could send you an invite.

We played Skinz earlier on with Diablo and Vader, lots of fun...

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Something is really off w/ the greens and the break of putts. The speed of the grids seems too fast for what little break there is. I need to calibrate my mind or something because what I think is going to break two feet (over a 6-7 foot putt) is breaking like 6 inches. So I ended up getting a quad on the first par 3 of the tourney...basically ruining whatever chance I had. Coming back to +1 was a minor miracle.

I probably missed 6 or 7 putts because I thought they’d break considerably more than they did. Something w/ the settings/speed/condition must have been really different than the other rounds I played. Probably should pay attention to that.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

As I started the second round of our weekend event in BOS I started leaking power on all of my clubs.

Was sitting at -4 behind JCauthen. Then something weird started to happen.

From driver to irons, my swings would be on a perfect/slow tempo on a consistent basis despite taking a few practice shots to correct on my downswing.

On practice mode, I would hit the perfect tempo only to come back to a slow downswing again even though it didn’t feel like it. And I was pushing up pretty hard in that downswing. Just wondering if anyone had this issue.

All of the sudden my driver would go around 258 yards and all my other clubs would fall way short of their yardage too. Needless to say it cost me a few shots as I just couldn’t find the cause.

Anyone else had this experience? Is it a controller issue?

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Added JC as an admin in the DSP Society. Really fun playing skins last night with Diablo and 10s, loving this game so far! :)
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

10spro wrote:As I started the second round of our weekend event in BOS I started leaking power on all of my clubs.

Was sitting at -4 behind JCauthen. Then something weird started to happen.

From driver to irons, my swings would be on a perfect/slow tempo on a consistent basis despite taking a few practice shots to correct on my downswing.

On practice mode, I would hit the perfect tempo only to come back to a slow downswing again even though it didn’t feel like it. And I was pushing up pretty hard in that downswing. Just wondering if anyone had this issue.

All of the sudden my driver would go around 258 yards and all my other clubs would fall way short of their yardage too. Needless to say it cost me a few shots as I just couldn’t find the cause.

Anyone else had this experience? Is it a controller issue?

Don't. I find this swing takes a very light touch on the stick to get good tempo.

Don't let your backswing get to the top before you start your downswing.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I find the swing almost impossible to hit straight, at least in that display that shows the shot path. That area looks like me trying to write my name while being totally drunk. I played a round where I was spraying everything right, then next round I was pulling everything, next round for 9 holes I'm down the middle then back to the blocked shots. I just think the swing is a lot harder to master, I also think like Divot said you need use a lighter touch.

In TGC 2 I would just pull back to the stick hit the edge of the controllers and push up the same way. In this version I try not to let the stick connect with the edge of the controller because when I do I have no idea the result.

I also did that with chips, well I learned last night that with chips if you stop the downswing at the impact line you get much better result and your club that is suppose to go 13 yards and goes 35 won't if you do the swing correctly.

Oddly enough I think putting is spot on. I still think the greens roll out too much, especially on approach shots but I'm having a much easier time reading greens and judging speed. Now when I miss a put, like the 18 inch one I missed last night it is because I didn't concentrate and just moved the stick. You can easily push and pull putts in this version.

I also don't know if it was this way in TGC 2 but when you add or decrease loft on a shot, or you try to fade or draw the ball the target area for hitting a good shot decreases a lot.

I played a shitty 1st round last night but a decent second round but getting the feel for it is going to take a bit. I still get a lot of stutter and frame jumps, especially when a putt lips out of the cup even with everything turned off in graphics.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

I am super impressed with both the graphics and the gameplay/control. Quick impressions after 12+ rounds on the XBox One X

+ Graphics are a noticeable step up from TGC2. The lighting (even without HDR) is fantastic.
+ No frame rate hiccups on my system that I have noticed
+ They made sand trap borders look more natural
+ Swing mechanics are a nice evolution from TGC2, love the improved feedback
+ Putting in this game is just so well implemented... Haven't had any "rage quit worthy" experiences yet
+ Really enjoying the PGA Tour single player mode, even with the lack of real players
+ I like the way scores are reported during Society tournaments, although this might be something they implemented in TGC2
+ Camera angles are nice
+ Love the fast forward feature
+ All the TPC courses look and play great

- No real PGA Tour Pro names
- Hurricane effects on the trees when the wind is blowing

I'll be down for some on-line play, but I don't have a mic.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Leadfoot5 wrote:I am super impressed with both the graphics and the gameplay/control. Quick impressions after 12+ rounds on the XBox One X

+ Putting in this game is just so well implemented... Haven't had any "rage quit worthy" experiences yet
Lead- where do you have the game installed? On the internal drive or an external? I’m getting quite a few jitters when the ball rolls on the green, especially close to,the hole. I’m on an external.

Rage worthy putts: I had a easy 6 footer on 17 for birdie to tie Divot for the second round lead and my putt leaked right even though every bead was moving the opposite direction. And the beads were moving fairly slow. I thought it was a gimme pretty much. NOPE! And pretty sure my swing was dead on. :twisted:
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Ironically, I think I missed more 6ft putts than the 20+ putts. Had some trouble coming off some deep deep bunkers and finished at -9.

I have my game installed on the internal drive and haven’t noticed any hiccups.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Leadfoot5 wrote:I am super impressed with both the graphics and the gameplay/control. Quick impressions after 12+ rounds on the XBox One X

+ Graphics are a noticeable step up from TGC2. The lighting (even without HDR) is fantastic.
+ Really enjoying the PGA Tour single player mode, even with the lack of real players
+ I like the way scores are reported during Society tournaments, although this might be something they implemented in TGC2
+ Camera angles are nice

Pretty much mirrors my experience so far.

Just got my hands on one of these, so I am ready for some online MP action....

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/plantronic ... Id=5923415

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

DivotMaker wrote:

+ Camera angles are nice

Pretty much mirrors my experience so far.

Just got my hands on one of these, so I am ready for some online MP action....

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/plantronic ... Id=5923415

That's what I use, best headset I've ever owned.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Well, just finished a nice round at deere run after moving my installation to the internal drive. Didn't experience any hiccups! This was without any ghosts as well. might be worth a try for anyone else experiencing hiccups.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

the game has been playing super smooth for me on my One X. Even online stroke play. It's a beautiful thing.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I wonder why i'm getting such choppiness then on my X. A lot of framerate hiccups for sure. Enough that it's driving me nuts.
GT = Wilk5280

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

vader29 wrote:
That's what I use, best headset I've ever owned.
Sublime so far.....

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Wilk5280 wrote:I wonder why i'm getting such choppiness then on my X. A lot of framerate hiccups for sure. Enough that it's driving me nuts.
I don't own this game yet. But could TGC 2019 be a game like the original Project Cars, which ran much smoother on an external drive than the internal Xbox console drive?

Might be worth a shot ...
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

pk500 wrote:
Wilk5280 wrote:I wonder why i'm getting such choppiness then on my X. A lot of framerate hiccups for sure. Enough that it's driving me nuts.
I don't own this game yet. But could TGC 2019 be a game like the original Project Cars, which ran much smoother on an external drive than the internal Xbox console drive?

Might be worth a shot ...
Smooth as a baby's butt on my X internal hard drive.....

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Perfectly fine on my One X internal drive.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Actually I moved mine from the external to the internal drive after seeing the post above and it ran smooth with no hiccups and stutters for the 2 rounds I played. Every other game I have runs better on the external drive, leave it to HBS to be the oddball.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Mine is installed on an external drive so will move it over this evening and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip
GT = Wilk5280

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Wilk5280 wrote:Mine is installed on an external drive so will move it over this evening and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip
Yeah, you f*ckers are all on the XB1X while I'm still on the OG XB1. So your internal drives probably run much more smoothly than mine. :)

Good luck!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I have mine installed on a Western Digital 4 TB external drive and haven't had any problems with it.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote: Ok, I hope you get the sound going John. Hit me up if you want later on or I could send you an invite.
I got my problem solved with the headset... I found out of I plug the USB connector that apparently only provides power to the "cool" LEDs embedded in the headset case and boom, it prevents the XBox One X from recognizing that I've got a headset attached when I plug the mike plug into the controller. I decided I don't need the "coo" LEDs and just plug the mike cord in and I'm good to go. Oh, I can plug the USB connector into my PC, while I'm playing on the XBox One X, and that doesn't prevent from being recognized... :?

I'm still enjoying the game tremendously, but I'm going to be working 12 hour night shifts tonight through Sunday night, so I'll be pretty much out of commission until Monday.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

pk500 wrote:
Wilk5280 wrote:Mine is installed on an external drive so will move it over this evening and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip
Yeah, you f*ckers are all on the XB1X while I'm still on the OG XB1. So your internal drives probably run much more smoothly than mine. :)
Paul, I recall reading a report where this was tested and the load time improvement on the X varied from 10% faster to 100% faster, but the weighted average was ~25% over all the games tested.

I was curious to do a comparison between the X and my stock XBox One last night so I installed it on my OG. I didn't notice a huge difference in load times, but it was noticeably "perkier" throughout. I'm glad I did this experiment though because it showed my just how much this game benefits from its XBox One X Enhanced status. I couldn't get over how muddy and "claymation" like the trees were on the OG XBox, versus the X in 4K.

TGC 2019 and Forza 7's XBox One X enhancements have finally completely justified my decision to spend the extra dosh on the X... the visual difference is stunning, but in terms of play quality, the swing, physics and animation smoothness are pretty comparable.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

+ Camera angles are nice

Leadfoot, I played round 3 last night with your turn enabled ghost. You've got a good handle on the putting... that was quite a show. Heck of a chip in you had on 11, I believe it was? I'm glad you weren't playing me live last night... you would have laughed your ass off at the "10" I posted on the par 3 16th.

I left my tee shot just under the rock wall in the front of the green. I tried a lofted chip over it and it hit the wall and bounced back into the lake. Had to drop on the other side of the lake and left it just behind the wall again. I thought I'd try a flop this time, and it went back into the lake. I was humiliated by the time I finished that hole, but it was all my doing... I had a three shot lead going into that hole and came away 4 shots back.

Your list echos mine, although I will say that I don't like the "spoiler" quality of the leaderboard. IOW, I was playing your ghost "live" (in a virtual sense) yet the between hole leaderboard was showing me your progress 4 holes in advance of what we were actually playing. I posted this as a bug report in the Bug reporting section of the official forum, and finally, after over a year of beating the drum about how this was happening in TGC 2 society events AND TGC 2019 during the stress test beta, HBS finally acknowledged that is was a problem and they were looking into it! That will be awesome to have that fixed!