The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by Diablo25 »

Played the Web.com Q School event to start a career and, as I mentioned above, shot a 68 (-3). I missed at least 3 makeable birdies too. Hopefully I can improve my putting soon or I will be a cellar dweller in the DSP Society.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

DivotMaker wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
vader29 wrote:Set up the DSP Society (DSP - Digital Sportspage), you'll have to request to join as I can't send out invites. Set up the first tournament to start tomorrow and run a week at TPC Boston, made it a 100 coin entry fee with 50 percent payout and set the weather to clear with low winds for all rounds and set the time of day to morning for rounds 1 and 2, noon for round 3 and afternoon for round 4.
Just sent my request.
Ditto.
Not seeing your request either. :?
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

vader29 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
vader29 wrote:Set up the DSP Society (DSP - Digital Sportspage), you'll have to request to join as I can't send out invites. Set up the first tournament to start tomorrow and run a week at TPC Boston, made it a 100 coin entry fee with 50 percent payout and set the weather to clear with low winds for all rounds and set the time of day to morning for rounds 1 and 2, noon for round 3 and afternoon for round 4.
Just sent my request.
Not seeing any pending requests, wondering if the servers are working with society join requests on the first day.
Must be. After I clicked on request it then gave me the option to cancel the request so I did send it.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Sent my request like 30-45 mins ago as well.

Game locked up on me in my first Web.com event, also suffering a lot of stuttering at impact and when the ball leaves the club.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Sent my request a few hours ago.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Danimal wrote: Game locked up on me in my first Web.com event, also suffering a lot of stuttering at impact and when the ball leaves the club.
I've only played one round so far, but I had the same issue a few times, particularly when chipping.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yep locked up 2 more times on me.

Not a great start
Follow Me on:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Danimal wrote:Yep locked up 2 more times on me.

Not a great start
Someone else had a similar issue. Uninstall, then reinstall.

Hope that helps.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

In graphics I turned everything off except anti-aliasing and have had buttery smooth gameplay throughout 5 rounds, not a single stutter anywhere, private match with 10spro at TPC Sawgrass tonight worked perfect also. Saw someone else posted on the official forums about the private society's not getting pending approval notices, I posted a reply of the same problem and HBKeith replied that he would let the devs know so hopefully it gets worked out soon.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Mark, I sent my request to join around 10:40 PM EDT, last night. It shows that my request hasn't been approved yet.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Watched some streams one Twitter. First one, the guy complained about the greens in the same way you guys did this last year. In the second one, they were saying that Societies were borked and needed to be fixed asap.

The gameplay didn't really get me, It didn't look as nice as I thought it would, sounds terrible, and it still comes off as a indie game we are supposed to forgive since the devs are really great guys. So, we have a new golf game, but we are still waiting for something close to as fun and immersive as Links, PGA 2000, and Tiger Woods were.

The 2K partnership seems to be mostly about adding VC into the game. There is not a single element of anything that makes me think of 2K sports games in this. No great presentation. No emphasis on realism. There is just a stronger push for micro transactions.

Hard pass.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

J_Cauthen wrote:Mark, I sent my request to join around 10:40 PM EDT, last night. It shows that my request hasn't been approved yet.
Yeah I am still not getting any notifications of anyone joining yet, hopefully it gets fixed soon.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Sent my request as well. Thanks!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

vader29 wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote:Mark, I sent my request to join around 10:40 PM EDT, last night. It shows that my request hasn't been approved yet.
Yeah I am still not getting any notifications of anyone joining yet, hopefully it gets fixed soon.
Couldn't you make it public, we all join then make it private and kick out anyone you don't know?
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Having gotten some more rounds in now I've come to some better conclusions.

- The putting is much better than last year. It feels much more realistic and while you can still blow balls by the hole it will be because you struck the putt too hard, not because the greens are concrete. Of course these are all official courses and I think the green our on moderate but it just feels better.

- However the same can't be said for the greens being receptive of shots. They toned back the bite on approach shots a lot so even if you play more club but loft it to spin it like TGC 2 the ball will not nearly bite as much and frankly I haven't seen a shot spin back yet including flop shots. Thus the balls never stick on the green, at least not with Pro Clubs.

- I still don't get chipping or sand shots. Every shot comes off the club right but always ends up where I was aiming. I'm not sure if this is an animation decision or I'm just drawing my chip shots.

- I still think the draw and fade mechanic is very over done in this version.

- Not sure I like the aiming / target area over what we had last year. Makes it much easier to plan where your shot is going to land.

- The PGA presentation is pretty much non-exsistent. Sorry throwing up a splash screen before showing the leader board isn't a huge step forward and the on course guy who chimes in once or twice a round is also kind of useless.

- I was wrong about the graphics, my rushed round must of been on a bland course because the lighting and textures look great. Sand Dunes I think it was called was spectacular and I want to play there in real life now.

- Stuttering and lock ups ugh. While i appreciate the advice Divot, I can confirm uninstalling and reinstalling does nothing. Anyone who posted that is seeing the old placebo effect. Right after I reinstalled the game locked up. I'm going to try it on another XB1X tonight see if there is a difference.

Over all I think the game plays better than last year but again limited sample size on HBS courses. Once the creators start with the firm and fast bullshit who knows. The fact conditions are still tied into course creation show a tone deafness from HBS ibn my opinion.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

BTW I saw a bunch of you on last night but couldn't figure out how the hell to play MP. I wasn't sure if people were already in matches etc. I played an official society event and it threw in Hogz ghost about hole 11, but unlike last year he just played right on by me. Meaning I was hitting my 2nd shot and he was putting. Then by the time I was done he was teeing off on the next hole. That was very odd to me as it served no purpose.
Follow Me on:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Danimal wrote:
vader29 wrote:
Couldn't you make it public, we all join then make it private and kick out anyone you don't know?
Might do that tonight if it is not fixed by then.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

vader29 wrote:
Danimal wrote:
vader29 wrote:
Might do that tonight if it is not fixed by then.
I PM'd Shaun to see if they could step on it and get this resolved ASAP.....

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Can anyone explain the putting aimer to me? Really - I just want to know what exactly, if anything, the aimer thing does for distance. Of course I understand moving it left/right to aim - but if my putting swing is based off feel - why am I even allowed to move the distance marker aimer in and out?

What I am used to is the old Tiger/EA games where if you set the maker to 20ft, pulling back the putter all the way would mean that 100% was = to 20ft. In TGC, setting the marker to 20ft doesn't really matter correct?
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

The only thing I use it for is to see the slope changes. It might say 32 foot put 10 inches downhill but if i check out the path of the putt I can see if it is gradually downhill of if like the first 20 feet are flat and then it drops like 10 inches.

To my knowledge it doesn't thing with distance.
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Since it’s basically the only game in town these days the aiming/target area in my opinion is there to attract lesser golf fans to the game by simplifying things. I find myself still adjusting the angle of the player even after looking at the reticle so I don’t take it as a landing spot necessarily.

Finding the right yardage for the chip shots is what I really want to find out. Even after lofting the wedges, the ball seem to fly more than it should. I don’t want the precision of TGC2 where 5-7 yard chips would be an automatic hole in, but there’s a learning curve here for chipping.

As for lofting the ball, I did mentioned the fact that there’s hardly any roll back indeed especially after a bunk shot so that needs to be patch IMO.

In terms of joining a party, we are spread around in different time zones, so to set an approximate time to play here is still the best way to connect. Having said that, whoever picks a particular course, everything is quite customizable, so if someone wants to join in, we can make a quick round of 9 holes etc.

I find myself playing with Vader often, but it would be nice to have a foursome. Whether you have a mic or not, drop by and experience MP. Diablo happened to join in just to discuss the game.

With the new FF feature, games can end quicker too even with 18 holes.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I've got the game, I'm up for some strokes or skins anytime! :D

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Set the DSP Society to open until all DSP guys join, set a 100 coin entry fee and will just boot anyone who is not a member here.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Joined, just a heads up you need to cancel your pending request to join.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:I find myself playing with Vader often, but it would be nice to have a foursome. Whether you have a mic or not, drop by and experience MP. Diablo happened to join in just to discuss the game.

With the new FF feature, games can end quicker too even with 18 holes.
I bought at BUTFULAKE SL-100 headset back in the Sping, and it was working great. Now all of the sudden it produces no audio, nor seems to be recognized by my XB1-X. It lights up when I plug the USB connector into the XB1-X, but I hear nothing, even after going into Settings and configuring for headphones. Anyone got any quick tips on this? I (or more likely my son) have lost the Microsoft gaming headset I got with my Forza Edition XBox One, years back.

I'd like to hook up for an alt-shot match with some DSP'ers tonight, headset or not. I'm online until probably 3:00 AM EDT.