The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:Anyone have a link so I can buy while at work and have it download to my XB1X?

:D
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/the-g ... verviewtab
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

dbdynsty25 wrote:The greens aren't nearly as crazy with the roll and the physics seem a lot more realistic so far.
This is the only thing I'm interested in. Let me know what you see as you play more rounds, if possible, Scott. I got so fed up with the green physics on both of the previous versions, that I just quit trying.

I never missed an 8 foot putt by 20 feet in real life, but it seemed commonplace in some of the green configurations in TGC, even on normal greens without huge rolls in them.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

TCrouch wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:The greens aren't nearly as crazy with the roll and the physics seem a lot more realistic so far.
This is the only thing I'm interested in. Let me know what you see as you play more rounds, if possible, Scott. I got so fed up with the green physics on both of the previous versions, that I just quit trying.

I never missed an 8 foot putt by 20 feet in real life, but it seemed commonplace in some of the green configurations in TGC, even on normal greens without huge rolls in them.
Played another round, the only thing I've really noticed is the lofted shots don't quite get as much spin/bite as I'd like, but maybe that's because I'm playing w/ the middle level clubs. Gotta go up to the higher level clubs to check that out. The putting so far seems much better. I've only played on the official TPC courses too, so we'll see when the users start creating courses.

And yes, everyone, the tree shadows when it's windy are just as bad as you've read. Oh my...who decided those looked even barely passable? That's really the only graphical complaint so far.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote: And yes, everyone, the tree shadows when it's windy are just as bad as you've read. Oh my...who decided those looked even barely passable? That's really the only graphical complaint so far.
The fact you can't turn off shadows still is very annoying.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I'm reading, and will continue to. The greens broke me, and this will have to be a big step up for me to consider parting with cash. So keep em coming... :wink:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Will set up a DSP Xbox society tonight and get a tourney going for the weekend.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

vader29 wrote:Will set up a DSP Xbox society tonight and get a tourney going for the weekend.
YES, THANKS!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'd be down to try match play tonight if anyone is up for that.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:Will set up a DSP Xbox society tonight and get a tourney going for the weekend.
Awesome Mark... you da' man :) I saw Hogz The Truth online last night playing while I was. Maybe he'll want to come back and join? He was killing it while I was playing with him in Rival mode.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:I'd be down to try match play tonight if anyone is up for that.
I should have time for some match play tonight also. It's too bad we don't have the means in the Society clubhouse to create and invite people to matches from there.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Looking forward to re-joining the fray. Putting issues are why I put the controller down...

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Although I picked up TGC 2 awhile back, I never really played it much. Been playing 2019 today and am noticing some skipping while the ball is in the air on my X. Anyone else notice this and is there a setting I can change to remove it?
GT = Wilk5280

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Awesome Mark... you da' man :) I saw Hogz The Truth online last night playing while I was. Maybe he'll want to come back and join? He was killing it while I was playing with him in Rival mode.
I'd definitely be up for some online play. seems me an invite if you see me on.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

How’s around 11PM EST tentative time for a foursome? I could do earlier too.

Personally, I haven’t seen the ridiculous rolling off the greens but I haven’t played any of the created courses yet.

Changed my clubs to Master and I am having a good challenge.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I ran home at lunch and rushed through one game. I didn't edit my golfer, just switched to the middle clubs. I saw some good stuff but idk I wasn't gushing over it like some of you.

- Graphics didn't look like anything special to me, is this really a 4K game? there certainly isn't HDR

- Putting seems much better, the ball seemed to roll more realistically but that was 1 round and I don't even rememeber what the course conditions were. It was harder though.

- I don't think I hit a single straight shot, not even close. There is certainly a lot more variance to the swing and ball flight because of it. I'm not sure if I liked this or not.

- Having said that putting a draw or fade on the shot seemed to have a much more dramatic effect then last version. I tried to put a draw by moving maybe a 1/4 of the way left, the thing drew like crazy.

- Chipping, well it is much harder and the ball seemed to roll better. Maybe it was my crappy swings but every chip started right off the club.

- Hitting out of the rough and sand is fixed. I mean I was actually able to recover from rough and hit a GIR. Big plus.

- Aiming recticle is gone, I mean the one that was on the middle of the screen. Now I need to hit Y to see my landing area on every shot. Likely make the game harder, but slows down game play.

- When I finished my round I got XP, no idea what that is for as I had to run back to work.

The game felt much harder to hit a straight shot for me but even spraying the ball all over the place and missing some putts I should not of I shot a 79 so I don't know what to think.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just played a round at Deer Run and shot a 68 (-3) and had a great time. Gone are some of the frustrating things from TGC2. I felt in control of my shots. Starting getting a clue on reading the greens by the back 9. Made some great shots.

Im using the Pro clubs. What are you guys using? I never tried the Tour level or Masters clubs in either of the other two games.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Set up the DSP Society (DSP - Digital Sportspage), you'll have to request to join as I can't send out invites. Set up the first tournament to start tomorrow and run a week at TPC Boston, made it a 100 coin entry fee with 50 percent payout and set the weather to clear with low winds for all rounds and set the time of day to morning for rounds 1 and 2, noon for round 3 and afternoon for round 4.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Thanks Vader for setting up all the DSP Society tournaments in TGC2 and now for TGC 2019.

Are you planning on assigning one or two co-admins to help you with setting up the tournaments?

-MERACE

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

vader29 wrote:Set up the DSP Society (DSP - Digital Sportspage), you'll have to request to join as I can't send out invites. Set up the first tournament to start tomorrow and run a week at TPC Boston, made it a 100 coin entry fee with 50 percent payout and set the weather to clear with low winds for all rounds and set the time of day to morning for rounds 1 and 2, noon for round 3 and afternoon for round 4.
Just sent my request.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

MERACE wrote:Thanks Vader for setting up all the DSP Society tournaments in TGC2 and now for TGC 2019.

Are you planning on assigning one or two co-admins to help you with setting up the tournaments?

-MERACE
Yes definitely.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Vader let’s get a round going tonight with Diablo and whoever wants to join. Around 10 or 11 your time?

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

10spro wrote:Vader let’s get a round going tonight with Diablo and whoever wants to join. Around 10 or 11 your time?
11 is too late for me to start, could probably do 10,

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

vader29 wrote:
10spro wrote:Vader let’s get a round going tonight with Diablo and whoever wants to join. Around 10 or 11 your time?
11 is too late for me to start, could probably do 10,
Ok, I’ll see if I can start that early and Diablo I just switched to Masters clubs with mixed results.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Diablo25 wrote:
vader29 wrote:Set up the DSP Society (DSP - Digital Sportspage), you'll have to request to join as I can't send out invites. Set up the first tournament to start tomorrow and run a week at TPC Boston, made it a 100 coin entry fee with 50 percent payout and set the weather to clear with low winds for all rounds and set the time of day to morning for rounds 1 and 2, noon for round 3 and afternoon for round 4.
Just sent my request.
Not seeing any pending requests, wondering if the servers are working with society join requests on the first day.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Diablo25 wrote:
Just sent my request.
Ditto.