Far Cry 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Far Cry 5

Post by Danimal »

Picked this up today and I am enjoying it a lot. It is the typical Ubisoft throw a ton of things to do at you. It is kind of hard to keep up with the missions etc. Fishing is a lot of fun, I spent an hour on it tonight. I don't get what this arcade thing is but I'm invested in it more than AC Origins.

I hope Ubisoft goes outside the box one time and just makes a fantasy equivalent of this type of game. Kind of a D&D type game with different dungeons, nations, missions etc. It would be very cool to have something like that come down the pipe.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Did anyone (Terry) get this on the PC (Terry) as I would love to try coop (Terry) because Xbox games nights don't last here anymore. :(
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Danimal wrote:Did anyone (Terry) get this on the PC (Terry) as I would love to try coop (Terry) because Xbox games nights don't last here anymore. :(
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, but nope! I've managed to buy games on a single platform lately...since the release of the X1X. Not having to fight with PC settings, worrying about silly things that I can't help doing--like "Why can I not run this at 60FPS with absolutely everything cranked?". If I can't do that, I end up buying new PCs, so I'm pleasantly surprised by the X's ability to keep me entertained without all of that.

I've done lots of co-op with my wife and a few sessions with Teal, and it's damned fun in co-op...even if I do stupid stuff like shoot Teal's mission-giver in the head while he's talking to them. I have no idea why I do some of the stuff I do in Far Cry. I think it's simply because I CAN? :?

Nothing beats Teal shooting the TAIL OFF OF OUR OWN PLANE as the rear gunner while dogfighting, though...

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

TCrouch wrote:
Nothing beats Teal shooting the TAIL OFF OF OUR OWN PLANE as the rear gunner while dogfighting, though...
Lol, hey, it was intense, and had him lined up....directly behind the tail... Gimme a break!! :lol:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Like I said before, I am really digging the game. I am just having trouble finding time to play it. Work and coaching is draining me lately.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal and I had some fun coop tonight. The game is just fun. Lots to do. Beautiful graphics. PK you’d love this game when you are "feeling good" on the weekends :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Diablo25 wrote:Teal and I had some fun coop tonight. The game is just fun. Lots to do. Beautiful graphics. PK you’d love this game when you are "feeling good" on the weekends :D
I concur. This has "PK laundry night" written all over it... :lol:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

This game can no doubt be fun as an open world shooter but I can see where the negativity is coming from. The cut scenes are really f***in bad and I'm not even that far into the game. Having a guy who is not terrifying in anyway singing amazing grace at me was bad enough but how many times am I going to be captured to watch a ridiculous cut scene to be "rescued'? And that poor female deputy (see i don't even know her name) why is she never pulled out during my rescues? It's trite and cliche storytelling. If you don't care about story then sure FC 5 is a blast and I imagine like other Ubi game a lot of fun coop based on the posts here.

IMO FC 4 is still the best in the series from a story telling aspect.

I'm also a little disappointed in the AI, especially of the people supposedly helping me. That mission with the mortars, stupid ass Merle couldn't kill a single guy. It's bad enough being swarmed by guys trying to use a mortar and the only help (literally WTF did everyone else go?) is a guy who can't shoot straight but then he gets taken out and I need to revive him.

Or the fact i can be driving a cult vehicle and people can know I'm a bad guy. Sure I'll buy a passing car has a chance of noticing me but a f***in plane flying above me? Little s*** like this is annoying, I felt the AI of your team mates in Wildlands was much better.

Overall I think the game is fun and I've spent $60 on worse things lately (Sea of Thieves) but I really don't think it is on the level of Wildlands, The Division or AC Origins.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Teal and I had some fun coop tonight. The game is just fun. Lots to do. Beautiful graphics. PK you’d love this game when you are "feeling good" on the weekends :D
I concur. This has "PK laundry night" written all over it... :lol:
Don't tempt me, f*ckers. But I am. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I'm enjoying the game, especially the wacky characters and side missions (make sure to talk to the cook in the Spread Eagle bar at Fall's End) The off the wall stuff does take away from the impact of the sadistic cult main story. I'm not paying much attention to it.

The arcade multi-player gameplay is average. I think it's all cod like team deathmatch so far. The arcade solo and coop plays better. What is impressive are the user created maps. There are some near perfect replicas from other games. I played one from Uncharted and another from an old RB6 game. A unique coop map the Bin Laden compound to clear out like Zero Dark Thirty.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Yeah, that single player arcade stuff is awesome. Played GoldenEye last night... :D

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

For someone that has played all the previous series, you can't help but feel a sameness to it, the tasks, missions, weapon progress etc. Having said that, it still has that addictive and fun factor that keeps me coming for more. For a big open world map, it may not have the attractiveness of Assassins Creed origin or beauty of Horizon Zero Dawn but taking out the bad guys systematically and in a sneaking fashion never gets old for me. In terms of difficulty FC4 and FC3 were a harder challenge, every mission had a tough boss you had to kill in order to advance.

The element of surprise is always fun and unique in FC games, you can't help but get a chuckle when you rescue someone only for the poor victim to be mauled later by a bear. Must admit that the crafting process here is not as tedious as previous FC games as the perk points are more flexible to achieve.

Overall, I am still enjoying this game a lot even though there's nothing new to it, I know I still have many hours of enjoyment ahead.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Personally, I love the Montana locale, and will take it over the Alps and the beach any day. Standing in a boat as the sun comes up while reeling in a salmon is just an awesome view.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I was just listening to a podcast and I think the summed it up with this line.

Far Cry 5 Good Game, Terrible Story.

I think that is spot on. The parts of the game, the shooting, the fishing the environments make up for the lackluster story. Much like Teal I love the fishing and hunting aspect. Last night I spent my final hour fishing seeing if I could top my biggest catch which right now is a 15.2 inch rainbow.
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I've never seen an actually compelling far cry story. But... That's not why I play them in the first place...

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal wrote:I've never seen an actually compelling far cry story. But... That's not why I play them in the first place...
I'm just posting my thoughts on the game. Some people, like myself may actually care about the story so I thought they might find some opinions on it useful. As i said previously the game is good enough to enjoy despite the story.

I have to wonder how many people bought the season pass considering the weird s*** it contains and the fact you guys say the arcade mode has cool levels.
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Danimal wrote:
Teal wrote:I've never seen an actually compelling far cry story. But... That's not why I play them in the first place...
I'm just posting my thoughts on the game. Some people, like myself may actually care about the story so I thought they might find some opinions on it useful. As i said previously the game is good enough to enjoy despite the story.

I have to wonder how many people bought the season pass considering the weird s*** it contains and the fact you guys say the arcade mode has cool levels.
I bought it immediately. I think that weird s*** is awesome, rather than trying to extend the main narrative... Lol. And, if I'm honest, I found the story as entertaining as 3 and 4, if not a bit derivative of those two. Nothing about any of them made me think very deeply about anything. The story has always been a backdrop to the real meat of the game for me. I think the mechanics, fun factor, and such are probably better in 5 than in previous iterations. Wasn't knocking you, btw, just making observations of my own.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Danimal wrote:I have to wonder how many people bought the season pass considering the weird s*** it contains and the fact you guys say the arcade mode has cool levels.
The outside the box DLC is what sold me on the season pass. Plus you get Far Cry 3, which I barely played.

Your post could be read to imply that season pass is required for Arcade mode - it is not.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I stand corrected, apparently going to Mars is a selling point. :D
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Danimal wrote:I stand corrected, apparently going to Mars is a selling point. :D
Cool thing is, none of it is random. There are allusions to all three scenarios in the body of the main game. You collect comics that have to do with Martians and zombies, and collect Vietnam lighters. There's a funny side mission that gives you an alien gun. So I'd bet they all have a character or a call back to characters in the main game.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

So, far cry primal. Never got to play it when it was released. I was still on the 360. Bought it today in the sale. That's a VERY different game from traditional far cry. It's fairly fascinating, and it's purdy, butt it's also...weird. Hard to explain.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not enjoying this game so it is going on the shelf. I'd rather spend my time in AC origins or exploring Wildlands new stuff. There are so many system that work well in this game and I'd enjoy just a hunting / fishing mode but I've grown tired of the countless cultists, the dumb stereo typical red necks asking me to find their truck or find bull balls for some contest or add your own dumb mission here. Each character you meet is more over the top then the next. However I think what is doing it for me the most of the bad guys and the forced captures, listen to a speech sequences. I mean at some point they should kill me right?

I understand it is Far Cry and it is meant to be wacky and over the top but I'm just not feeling it. Maybe if I played coop it would be better but no one I know has it on the PC.
Follow Me on:

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

For those with the season pass, Far Cry 3 is now available. On XB1 it should appear under your Ready to Install games.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Pete1210 wrote:For those with the season pass, Far Cry 3 is now available. On XB1 it should appear under your Ready to Install games.
Has it been remastered?

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Have played an hour or so of the Vietnam expansion, and I like it. They intended this to be stealth based, and it's more fun when you're sneaking about, taking out Viet Cong quietly. They will come after you something awful when you have to resort to shooting, but you have airstrikes once you take out the AA guns in an area, and that's fun stuff. The first American I liberated from POW camp was private Joker, which gave me a chuckle...lol. In some ways, it's still FC, but in other ways it feels different, like it's own shooter. Would like to try co-op with anyone that got the pass or the expansion.