MLB The Show 18

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

MLB The Show 18

Post by Rodster »

Thought i’d start the new thread to say that Newegg.com has the preorder up, $49.99 for the standard edition and the steelbook edition is $64.99

I skipped 16 and 17 but with the new RTTS features i’m seriously thinking of getting it this year.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB The Show 18

Post by 10spro »

Preordered the MVP elite edition or whatever they call it since I play a lot of Diamond Dynasty to build my team in Conquest etc...

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Preordered the MVP elite edition or whatever they call it since I play a lot of Diamond Dynasty to build my team in Conquest etc...
I will DEFINITELY be preordering. This is my annual top 3 most anticipated game...its that good. I play RTTS and Conquest. Ramone said that RTTS has been signigficantly updated so I am pumped for that.

I wish Diamond Dynasty was more like Madden’s MUT. I would love to have quests like “its the bottom of the 7th vs the Astros, you are down by 3...win the game”. “It’s the bottom of the 9th vs the Cubs with the heart of their order coming up, close out the game.” Again, like MUT. This is why I would love EA to get back in the baseball ‘game’. They would definitely have an Ultimate Team mode in a baseball game.

I feel for those of you who like baseball and don’t have a PS4. This game is the best sports game out there (yes thats a bold statement but true IMO). The devs are tremendous. Can’t wait for the launch.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Only way I'll buy this again is if it comes to the PC.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Not sure if I mentioned this before but I was involved in a closed beta for MLB 18 The Show about a month ago. After last year’s server issues they have totally revamped their servers and the beta was to test them.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just an FYI...Sony SD Studios is doing a Twitch broadcast dealing with Gameplay and AI starting at 5pm EST

https://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Diablo25 wrote:
10spro wrote:Preordered the MVP elite edition or whatever they call it since I play a lot of Diamond Dynasty to build my team in Conquest etc...
I will DEFINITELY be preordering. This is my annual top 3 most anticipated game...its that good. I play RTTS and Conquest. Ramone said that RTTS has been signigficantly updated so I am pumped for that.

I wish Diamond Dynasty was more like Madden’s MUT. I would love to have quests like “its the bottom of the 7th vs the Astros, you are down by 3...win the game”. “It’s the bottom of the 9th vs the Cubs with the heart of their order coming up, close out the game.” Again, like MUT. This is why I would love EA to get back in the baseball ‘game’. They would definitely have an Ultimate Team mode in a baseball game.

I feel for those of you who like baseball and don’t have a PS4. This game is the best sports game out there (yes thats a bold statement but true IMO). The devs are tremendous. Can’t wait for the launch.
First, I agree 100% on wishing DD was more like EA's UT modes. I was never able to really get into DD, or even The Show this year. Not gonna lie, I am still missing the gameplay of MLB 2K. Through all of its issues, there still has never been a baseball game in which I was so addicted to the hitting and pitching mechanics. And its fielding and base running were spot on.

That said, I've been trying to play a little more lately, and I'm ready to do a deep dive in a baseball game this year. Baseball is still by far my favorite sport, and I feel like this is a good time to rekindle some console baseball play. The Show 17 was much better than my earlier experiences with the game, and I think I will be more able to hit the ground running this year and hopefully get more out of the game.

That said, the NFL offseason also gets me pumped up to play MUT, because I have all those ideas about building a team and such. I have my MUT SC team at an 85 OVR, and feel like I may play a ton of it rolling into August when the new Madden drops. We'll see who wins out.

One thing I am wondering though, is if the PS4 version is going to feel off. I'm not sure I want to upgrade to a Pro, but I am considering it if I find a good deal. Will my Slim feel like it is struggling, or will it just not be as crisp?
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Aristo wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:

First, I agree 100% on wishing DD was more like EA's UT modes. I was never able to really get into DD, or even The Show this year. Not gonna lie, I am still missing the gameplay of MLB 2K. Through all of its issues, there still has never been a baseball game in which I was so addicted to the hitting and pitching mechanics. And its fielding and base running were spot on.

That said, I've been trying to play a little more lately, and I'm ready to do a deep dive in a baseball game this year. Baseball is still by far my favorite sport, and I feel like this is a good time to rekindle some console baseball play. The Show 17 was much better than my earlier experiences with the game, and I think I will be more able to hit the ground running this year and hopefully get more out of the game.

That said, the NFL offseason also gets me pumped up to play MUT, because I have all those ideas about building a team and such. I have my MUT SC team at an 85 OVR, and feel like I may play a ton of it rolling into August when the new Madden drops. We'll see who wins out.

One thing I am wondering though, is if the PS4 version is going to feel off. I'm not sure I want to upgrade to a Pro, but I am considering it if I find a good deal. Will my Slim feel like it is struggling, or will it just not be as crisp?
I doubt the game wil struggle on the Slim. The Pro has graphic options: 1. Enhanced Visuals (combo of high resolution and frame rates). 2. High Frame Rate. (Like the title suggests). 3. 4K (Highest resolution. Some frame rate drop with this). On the Slim they will probably have the game optimized for high frame rates (probably 1080P). I’d be shocked it it ‘struggled’ on the Slim.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

New for MLB The Show 18 are:

1) Custom batting stances
2) Rain delays (franchise mode)
3) Rain postponements (franchise mode)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Developer stream 2 out today. Heading in to check it out for myself.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Nice broadcast improvements...

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Gamestop Mondays #3

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Is it fair to compare Diamond Dynasty to EA’s Ultimate Team modes?
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Murph wrote:Is it fair to compare Diamond Dynasty to EA’s Ultimate Team modes?
Definitely. Mind you it's not as deep as Fifa but the main idea is there. You're trying to build your team from scratch by beating different teams and stealing some of their territory. It's a grind but the good thing is that you only play 3 innings at a time unless you're still tied after that, which you would play until the winning run comes in.

Build your team with strong arms from the mound, it's my way to climb up.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Twitch Dev stream today at 5 PM EST (3/2)

https://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio/videos/all
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

So they announced that Online Franchise is being removed this year. They are implying that they are using the year to fix it, but there is no assurance it will be back. I doesn’t really bother me, since online play was mostly crud anyway. But I had also just pre-ordered earlier this week. Since Sony doesn’t take refunds, even for preorders, that is a real dick move.

Wish sports games would just go back to supporting smaller custom leagues. I would much prefer to play with 4-12 friends and not have to have a bunch of CPU teams.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

A new video about Road To The Show features was dropped yesterday. There is a Twitch stream tomorrow (3/8) at 5pm EST that will go into a lot more detail so I’ll be watching. For now...

https://www.facebook.com/mlbtheshow/vid ... 230023226/
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

New developer stream today dealt with Road To The Show. Some pretty cool new cameras in RTTS...especially on defense. The new outfield cameras in RTTS are awesome. Check it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/236643830
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Can't wait for The Show 18....This continues to be the only game that I truly look forward to anymore. Been playing a lot of The Show 17, The game itself is just so satisfying on so many levels, no other sports game really comes close and nothing else feels anywhere near as polished as The Show. I think for me, even though baseball isn't close to being my favorite sport, back in the early days of gaming, baseball was always easily the best computer sim game.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

tjung0831 wrote:Can't wait for The Show 18....This continues to be the only game that I truly look forward to anymore. Been playing a lot of The Show 17, The game itself is just so satisfying on so many levels, no other sports game really comes close and nothing else feels anywhere near as polished as The Show. I think for me, even though baseball isn't close to being my favorite sport, back in the early days of gaming, baseball was always easily the best computer sim game.
Its such a well done series. Every year The Show launch day is a BIG day :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

In summary these are the improvements in this version of MLB 18. Getting my copy early this Friday.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... w-trailer/