MLB The Show 18

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB The Show 18

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:In summary these are the improvements in this version of MLB 18. Getting my copy early this Friday.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... w-trailer/
I’ll be playing come midnight tomorrow night (12 am - early release). Always a much anticipated game release.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Diablo25 wrote:
10spro wrote:In summary these are the improvements in this version of MLB 18. Getting my copy early this Friday.

I’ll be playing come midnight tomorrow night (12 am - early release). Always a much anticipated game release.
Same...mine downloaded and ready to go for tomorrow night!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

For those who haven't yet bought MLB The Show 18, you can get a 20% discount on the game (Standard version is $48) by watching an Aaron Judge video over at live.playstation.com it's about 2 minutes long. Supposedly the 20% off discount is good besides The Show 18. It doesn't work for preorders so you'll have to wait for the game to release. Add the game(s) to your cart then apply the 10 digit code at checkout.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

wait wait... is it our friday? please say yes....

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sudz wrote:

wait wait... is it our friday? please say yes....
If you preordered it is available at midnight tonight.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Rodster wrote:For those who haven't yet bought MLB The Show 18, you can get a 20% discount on the game (Standard version is $48) by watching an Aaron Judge video over at live.playstation.com it's about 2 minutes long. Supposedly the 20% off discount is good besides The Show 18. It doesn't work for preorders so you'll have to wait for the game to release. Add the game(s) to your cart then apply the 10 digit code at checkout.
F#ck, all codes claimed.

Didn't even know Amazon had stopped offering 20% on new games for Prime members.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Wow...season mode is gone. Thanks for letting us know SDS.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

tjung0831 wrote:Wow...season mode is gone. Thanks for letting us know SDS.
Yea, this was conveniently not mentioned in the last six weeks, Welcome to "Madden The Show" :roll:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

snaz16 wrote:
Yea, this was conveniently not mentioned in the last six weeks, Welcome to "Madden The Show" :roll:
You guys can thank EA for starting that trend. Companies are focusing where the micro transactions are and although it’s not forced down your throat, there are players throwing a truck of cash on Diamond Dynasty every year. With icons as Babe Ruth this year, you’ll see more people doing so...

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

What???

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

jLp vAkEr0 wrote:
What???
Yep...it's completely gone. If you want to play a season....you have to do it through franchise mode.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

tjung0831 wrote:
jLp vAkEr0 wrote:
What???
Yep...it's completely gone. If you want to play a season....you have to do it through franchise mode.
BS...

Please tell me that you can edit the # of games per season or are you stuck at 162?

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

Nope thats gone too

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I tell what’s cool though. The baseball hat with black and golden colors looks very cool, that is if you ordered the All Rise edition.

Also the visuals on an HDR 4K TV is improved as well. Liking the show 16 view for hitting...

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:I tell what’s cool though. The baseball hat with black and golden colors looks very cool, that is if you ordered the All Rise edition.

Also the visuals on an HDR 4K TV is improved as well. Liking the show 16 view for hitting...
They gameplay and hitting are DEFINITELY smoother. Many more animations. Numerous new camera angles. The Programs, etc. in Diamond Dynasty are very nice. Heading into Road to the Show now :). Batting stance editor is super.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Bored so far. Can’t even finish a game. Guess I’ll shelve it till baseball season actually starts and we get opening day rosters.

The no season mode thing really pisses me off btw. I hate franchise modes.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I like the changes made on RTTS. No longer your character benefits from just random training points, but depending on the style of player you choose to emulate, you may advance or not your skill points based solely on your gameplay in the field and your talks to the manager in the locker room.

For example if you’re 0-4 for the day, your career doesn’t necessarily derail or lose points if you were solid in other aspects of the game. So if you foul off a straight on fastball, you do get a + bonus in the plate vision department.

I prefer this way of progressing your career.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Bored so far. Can’t even finish a game. Guess I’ll shelve it till baseball season actually starts and we get opening day rosters.

The no season mode thing really pisses me off btw. I hate franchise modes.
Taking the Season Mode out really does suck. Of all the sports, MLB games need a franchise mode the least. Who the hell plays multiple 162 game seasons? And if you are simming most of them, why aren't you playing OOTP?

But really, I'll play the Play Now during the season, with updated rosters, line-ups and stats, and lots of DD. I find RTTS to be boring, but I can see why a lot of folks love it. I'm not a fan of those modes in any sports games.

For now, I will just work on building up my DD team, and worry about real baseball when the season gets going. Really enjoying it so far. Looks amazing. I feel like hitting has been improved quite a bit. I've switched from Pulse to Analog pitching, and liker it quite a bit. DD has plenty of game modes and stuff to do. May end up being 90% of what I play.

Still hate the base running mechanics, but I think I will finally get used to them. I wish they would implement 2K base running mechanics, which were the best of any game I've played.

Got some pretty sweet cards in my pulls last night. I bought the premium version of the game to get the packs and such. I doubt I spend anymore money on the game. My big pull was Aroldis Chapman.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Aristo wrote:I feel like hitting has been improved quite a bit.
TOTALLY agree.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

A little taste of Diamond Dynasty - Conquest.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Nice Unis Diablo, we should hook up. Can’t figure how to get the fonts yet on it. I am it sure if it’s a glitch or just my cable but it happens only when I play the DD mode. My screen goes black for about five seconds before action resumes to normal. King of annoying but it’s been happening.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Nice Unis Diablo, we should hook up. Can’t figure how to get the fonts yet on it. I am it sure if it’s a glitch or just my cable but it happens only when I play the DD mode. My screen goes black for about five seconds before action resumes to normal. King of annoying but it’s been happening.
Wow that’s weird. We should Definitely hook up. There is an option to play friends.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Bottom of the 3rd inning, I was down by two runs until K.Kirmaier ties it late. A great feeling. Next, had a great at bats with Brandon Belt who after about 10 pitches crushes one of the park to eventually go up by one. Unfortunately for me had a misjudged dive in the following inning that resulted in an inside the park homer for the AI which eventually cost me the game. Love Conquest, even though I had more losses than wins so far.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I played a little bit of The Show while waiting for it to download, I took advantageof the 20% off code. I haven’t bought The Show in 3 years so a lot of the stuff i’ve seen so far doesn’t look as stale to me. Pitching intrigues me with confidence boosts for each pitch, although I think that feature has been in the game before. Hitting also looks good as well. It seems and maybe i’m wrong but every year has a new version of base running although this year it doesn’t seem too bad controlling your runners.

I only play RTTS mode but for those that play Season mode, it sucks that they removed it. That’s been my biggest beef with Madden since they dropped Season mode and now force you to play franchise mode. And to make matters worse you can’t even play the Live daily games without an XBL or PSN+ account.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:It seems and maybe i’m wrong but every year has a new version of base running although this year it doesn’t seem too bad controlling your runners.
I always go back to classic baserunning...it's just way more natural for me. The constant changing is annoying, so I just stick with what I know.