RIP Skull and Games

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

RIP Skull and Games

Post by Inuyasha »

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: RIP Skull and Games

Post by Inuyasha »

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

What is skull and games and what happened to it?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

fletcher21 wrote:What is skull and games and what happened to it?
LOL

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

fletcher21 wrote:What is skull and games and what happened to it?
I recognize these shots as belonging to HBO's underrated and prematurely killed off Carnivàle. but I can't figure out the meaning of S&G either.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

This rings a bell somehow but I can't quite place it. Was it SR related?
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

If I remember correctly Skull and Games was one of the revolutionary gaming sites related to Superior Man, Common Sense Man, Ernesto and Salvatore, etc.... I think there may have even been an actual site at one point of time. I think it all started in 2003 and ended in 2004. This is the best I could find on the Wayback machine.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040101160 ... iewers.com
A message about Skull and Games
Superior Man wanted us to share some information with you. It appears as if the upcoming Skullandgames.com is coming along well. We have been surfing around the beta site. It looks fantastic! His staff is doing a killer job. We cannot wait to get things rolling in full force.
December 13, 2003
https://web.archive.org/web/20040728100 ... iewers.com
Sports Reviewers will be returning very soon. SkullandGames.com has been scrapped after an unsuccessful beta run and a format that was too costly to maintain. Superior Man will devote all of his energy into making Sports Reviewers the best sports gaming site on the internet. Superior Man laughs at the lack of a sports gaming site that tells it like it is in a professional manner.
Not only will Superior Man be bringing you a quality sports gaming site that is free from industry influence or pathological deceit (no need to mention the other sites by name), but he will also be revealing his true identity upon the site's re-opening. His identity will shock many people. This will be followed by an aggressive marketing campaign to get word out about Sports Reviewers. Superior Man assures you that visitors to Sports Reviewers will be pleasantly surprised at the quality and amount of content that will be provided. He also believes that you will chuckle at some of the stories he would like to share with you concerning his visit to E3.

Lace up your sneakers and adjust your nether-region. Sports Reviewers is almost ready to take on the world of sports gaming in a manner that is entertaining, educational, professional, and uncensored. f*** industry swag. f*** gaming sites with employees who gravitate between working for the industry and posing as unbiased site writers. f*** a "feel good" sense of community. f*** trivial flame wars. Superior Man is here to rock your world. Hop aboard and enjoy the ride.
https://web.archive.org/web/20040101160 ... iewers.com
Interview with Ernesto and Salvatore
As the official opening of Sports Reviewers nears, Ernesto and Salvatore sit down with Superior Man for a candid interview. A wide range of topics are covered. Ernesto and Salvatore want you to know what they are up to.
Thanks for hanging in there
We appreciate your patience with us. Salvatore and me have been crazy busy at work. Trying to get in last-minute articles for publication is a real b*tch.
December 13, 2003
What the hell is going on?
You are probably wondering what in the hell is going on. Sports Reviewers has to have the most f***ed up history of any gaming site. You can chalk this next chapter as one more f***ed up episode in the life of Sports Reviewers. Here is an article explaining who we are and why we are taking on this gig.
November 28, 2003
Just getting started
Salvatore wanted to delay the launch of Sports Reviewers until we had more content to post. I told him to quit procrastinating and get the f***in site up already. There is not much s*** up right now, so bear with us while we get our act together.
November 28, 2003

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Oh boy...it sounds just as stupid and ridiculous as it did 15+ years ago.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Oh boy...it sounds just as stupid and ridiculous as it did 15+ years ago.
Yep. Someone in here is either really bored over the holidays, fishing for attention or both.

Forget this Skull and Games BS. The big question: Has there been a Matt Chamberlain sighting anywhere in the last 10 years? Is he still among us at DSP? Is he still among the living on this planet? I had a good, fun run with Matt when he ran Sports Reviewers. Haven't heard a peep from him online or via voice in close to 15 years.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Speaking of this, was it ever revealed who superior man was? I'm on the edge of my seat here.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Riddle me this

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

:lol: Rob.