Player Unknown Battlegrounds

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Player Unknown Battlegrounds

Post by Pete1210 »

Still playing a few rounds most nights. After a dry spell, everything broke right this weekend. Out of about a dozen games we got three chicken dinners. Very tense end games and satisfying wins.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Pete1210 wrote:Still playing a few rounds most nights. After a dry spell, everything broke right this weekend. Out of about a dozen games we got three chicken dinners. Very tense end games and satisfying wins.
Look for Me!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Got a Solo dinner last night. Intense ass game!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Free to play with Xbox Live Gold through April 22. Looks like I will have to give this a try this weekend.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Just got second out of 100 in a lunch time solo match, with two kills. Closest ever to the Chicken Dinner! Frustrating yet exhilarating!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

With some new DSP players due to the free Gold trial this weekend, I'm always up for some two-player or Squad PUBG! Look for me.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Supposedly next week, the PUBG test server will be available on the Xbox Store, which will give you access to the Myanmar map. The next patch is also supposed to do some major texture improvements which will also help with the initial pop-in during the plane jump, as well as better performance.

I played this a couple nights ago, after struggling and not being able to get in the top 50, I was in a good spot, loaded with good weapons, in the center of the circle in a building, 14 players to go, and the game crashes. That was frustrating!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:With some new DSP players due to the free Gold trial this weekend, I'm always up for some two-player or Squad PUBG! Look for me.
Lets do this! Got my first solo dinner last week!
https://gameclipscontent-d2006.xboxlive ... 963c425db2

Pete, myself and a few non DSPers play a lot during the week. Love playing in squads
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:With some new DSP players due to the free Gold trial this weekend, I'm always up for some two-player or Squad PUBG! Look for me.

Pete, myself and a few non DSPers play a lot during the week. Love playing in squads
Nice job. But that only exacerbates my pain from finishing second today, you f*ck! :)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:

Nice job. But that only exacerbates my pain from finishing second today, you f*ck! :)
Barry Pepper took over.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

AcemanPR wrote:Supposedly next week, the PUBG test server will be available on the Xbox Store, which will give you access to the Myanmar map. The next patch is also supposed to do some major texture improvements which will also help with the initial pop-in during the plane jump, as well as better performance.

I played this a couple nights ago, after struggling and not being able to get in the top 50, I was in a good spot, loaded with good weapons, in the center of the circle in a building, 14 players to go, and the game crashes. That was frustrating!
if you restart the game it will give you the option to return to game in progress. You have to hope that no one (or the storm) took you out the meantime.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'm a sheepish IDIOT: I've played this incredible game for months, and only today during lunch did I learn that double-tapping the left trigger activates all the cool accuracy doo-dads you attach to your gun, such as scopes, dot sights, etc.

DOH! :)

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

pk500 wrote:I'm a sheepish IDIOT: I've played this incredible game for months, and only today during lunch did I learn that double-tapping the left trigger activates all the cool accuracy doo-dads you attach to your gun, such as scopes, dot sights, etc.

DOH! :)
That was me for the first 5 days or so. Then it was “Ahhhhh”. The other day, I casually mentioned to a friend how handy the “auto-run” feature is and he was like “Wuuuh???!!!”. His left thumb was about to fall off from all the running across the map.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Auto-run? I don't know that, either! How do you do it?

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

pk500 wrote:Auto-run? I don't know that, either! How do you do it?
At a standstill, double click the left stick and your dude will just start running. Tapping the left stick (in any way) will cancel it.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

greggsand wrote:
pk500 wrote:Auto-run? I don't know that, either! How do you do it?
At a standstill, double click the left stick and your dude will just start running. Tapping the left stick (in any way) will cancel it.
Yahtzee! Thanks, Gregg!

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

This game throroughtly confuses me.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Spooky wrote:This game throroughtly confuses me.
I only played one game of this over the free weekend and that was enough for me, didn't find a bit of fun in it at all.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Curious -- what's the confusion? Not pointing fingers. Just want to help!

The game, in a nutshell:

1. You jump from the plane at the time of your choosing and land on the map along with 99 other players. Try to look around when falling from the plane and steer yourself away from other players.
2. You enter buildings to find weapons and other loot. Tip -- find a backpack as soon as possible so you can carry more loot.
3. You either hide or go Rambo to stay alive, huddling in a building or in cover or stalking people to shoot.
4. The map area shrinks at periodic intervals. Look on the map to see the big white circle. You must be inside that area when the blue line of constriction meets the white line and stops, or you will bleed out and die. This prevents stupid camping.
5. The red zones are bombing areas. The game finds where people are camping and bombs it. You're safe only if you're inside a building.
6. Finding a working vehicle is pretty clutch because you can stay inside the zone and avoid bullets much easier. It's also fun to run over dudes. :)
7. Die, and you're done. No respawns. Go to the menu screen and find another match.
8. Last man standing wins and gets the Chicken Dinner! :)

PUBG is compelling as hell because there are so many different strategies and ways to play, and every game feels different. Plus the suspense created by no respawns is more intense than any other game in my library.

One final tip: It's almost essential to play PUBG with headphones or a killer surround-sound system. Directional awareness of enemies often is triggered more by sound than sight, especially early in games when the map is still big.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Having your first and only experience being solo can be kind of jarring if that is how you guys tried it. I suck solo and on the PC solo I really suck but team play is a great equalizer and a lot more fun.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:Having your first and only experience being solo can be kind of jarring if that is how you guys tried it. I suck solo and on the PC solo I really suck but team play is a great equalizer and a lot more fun.
Definitely. Took me a few nights of playing solo to figure out what the hell was going on and how to play better. I regularly finish in the top half in solo matches, frequently getting into the top 25 or 30.

I'll admit: I'm a runner in this game, using stealth and cover much more than stalking and shooting. I've finished in the top 20 without firing a shot. But it is way more satisfying to earn a nice finish with a few kills, for sure.

I don't play much duo or squad. Would love to hook up with cats here to do it.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

pk500 wrote:
Curious -- what's the confusion? Not pointing fingers. Just want to help!

The game, in a nutshell:

1. You jump from the plane at the time of your choosing and land on the map along with 99 other players. Try to look around when falling from the plane and steer yourself away from other players.
2. You enter buildings to find weapons and other loot. Tip -- find a backpack as soon as possible so you can carry more loot.
3. You either hide or go Rambo to stay alive, huddling in a building or in cover or stalking people to shoot.
4. The map area shrinks at periodic intervals. Look on the map to see the big white circle. You must be inside that area when the blue line of constriction meets the white line and stops, or you will bleed out and die. This prevents stupid camping.
5. The red zones are bombing areas. The game finds where people are camping and bombs it. You're safe only if you're inside a building.
6. Finding a working vehicle is pretty clutch because you can stay inside the zone and avoid bullets much easier. It's also fun to run over dudes. :)
7. Die, and you're done. No respawns. Go to the menu screen and find another match.
8. Last man standing wins and gets the Chicken Dinner! :)

PUBG is compelling as hell because there are so many different strategies and ways to play, and every game feels different. Plus the suspense created by no respawns is more intense than any other game in my library.

One final tip: It's almost essential to play PUBG with headphones or a killer surround-sound system. Directional awareness of enemies often is triggered more by sound than sight, especially early in games when the map is still big.
That was a huge help. Thanks PK!
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

My pleasure, man. I know how you dig tactical shooters like Ghost Recon, but I don’t think there’s a more tactical console shooter now than PUBG, once you wrap your head around it.

It’s SO much different than other shooters I’ve played, so it took me a bit of trial and error to figure out.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

PUBG is a ton of fun. I play it regularly. I dream of the day it has 60 FPS. Pete and I have had some sweet matches. Look for me. I’ll play with any of you cats. Paul, if you see me online message me and we will get after it!

Vader, I really think you would enjoy it if you get in a squad, talk strategy, and learn all the little nuances of a match. The game becomes exponentially addictive after that.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

A second map, Miramar, will be playable on Xbox PUBG test server this week.

https://m.windowscentral.com/miramar-ma ... r-tomorrow