Player Unknown Battlegrounds

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Player Unknown Battlegrounds

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:I think I'm out for now. Still playing GR almost nightly, Division has pulled me back in again, there's R6, Battlefield 1,4 Battlefront 2...I think I'm good on shooters... :D
Ditto. Let's carve up Manhattan tonight, Teal! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Pete1210 wrote:I also like that there are no classes, no perks, no leveling.
This is the main appeal to me. But I'm going to wait to see if the "new car smell" wears off like with most games these days at DSP.

Let's face it: The only game that has grown long legs for long-term group play around here in the last two years is NHL with the Ice Dragons. Not a criticism -- just a fact. We're all at different stages of our lives than 10 or 15 years ago, and online gaming is so much more robust, with tons of great titles. Fragmentation is inevitable.

But if this baby grows legs, I'll probably join after the New Year.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Should be on tonight.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote: Let's face it: The only game that has grown long legs for long-term group play around here in the last two years is NHL with the Ice Dragons. Not a criticism -- just a fact. We're all at different stages of our lives than 10 or 15 years ago, and online gaming is so much more robust, with tons of great titles. Fragmentation is inevitable.
True but NHL has a set night(s) which is usually Friday.

Back in the day when Zepp and Mix (and others) were playing with the rest of us we played on Tuesdays and it became habit. We also had a larger pool to pull from back then.

I think we would get more traction if we set a night and went from there. My 2 cents anyway.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Danimal wrote: I think we would get more traction if we set a night and went from there. My 2 cents anyway.
That seems to be the best solution. Back in the day, we had GRAW nights every Thursday and many times some people had to be left out because of overflow.

But like Paul also mentioned, there is an abundance of online games now. Back in the day, there were only a handful of games that worked to get a large group together. Now you have at least a dozen AAA shooters to play. Add in other genres, it is tough.

But I think if there was Racing Mondays, Shooter Tuesdays, ect., at a set time, you'd get a flow of people. You can also rotate different games in, especially if a game received some fresh DLC that week.

I know, easier said than done, but worth a shot.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:I think we would get more traction if we set a night and went from there. My 2 cents anyway.
Totally agree.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I'll show up most any night between 9 and 11et, later on weekends.

Tonight I'm planning on some PUBG starting around 8.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Well my digital code still hasn't arrived. amazon says today but it is not even listed as out for delivery.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Didn’t get a chance to play last night...went to The Last Jedi. I plan on getting on this weekend. The game is very fun/entertaining in squad mode. Solo can be very frustrating. Getting killed within a few minutes of jumping in can get annoying. It’s a solid game which will get better. I’d love to see the 50 v. 50 mode that Fortnite just released show up in PUBG. Looting and tricking out your gun is pretty damn fun also.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So who want to try and play tonight, anyone?
Follow Me on:

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Danimal wrote:So who want to try and play tonight, anyone?
I'll be playing more tonight.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

If I’m around I’ll play before 11. Hockey possibly at 11.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Played a few solo rounds this morning and it just confirmed to me that this game is infuriating in solo mode. With teammates it’s great. I was down on Fortnite until the 50 v. 50 mode came out last week. 3 squadmates, 45 teammates vs. the other 50. Fun.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Diablo25 wrote:Played a few solo rounds this morning and it just confirmed to me that this game is infuriating in solo mode. With teammates it’s great. I was down on Fortnite until the 50 v. 50 mode came out last week. 3 squadmates, 45 teammates vs. the other 50. Fun.
I don't mind playing this game solo, going at my own pace. Haven't had much chance though as its very popular on my friends list.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I’m all in on this game after geeking out on it all weekend. Never played a “shooter” where I pull the trigger once in a 20 minute match and I’m mentally exhausted afterwards. Never played anything like it. The closest “feel” is the original R6 Terrorst Hunt where you had to be calm and methodical (and one screw up & it's OVER).
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

greggsand wrote:I’m all in on this game after geeking out on it all weekend. Never played a “shooter” where I pull the trigger once in a 20 minute match and I’m mentally exhausted afterwards. Never played anything like it. The closest “feel” is the original R6 Terrorst Hunt where you had to be calm and methodical (and one screw up & it's OVER).
It definitely is intense. I went about 25 minutes yesterday of walking around and driving around and didn’t fire a shot. I made it to the final 15 I believe. It’s just very frustrated when you get killed right away or right when you feel like you were about to do something big
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I also made it to final 15 solo last night. About 1/2 had vehicles and with the map contracting it was like a demolition derby. I saw one guy next to a crate and tried to run him over, but my dune buggy wheel got stuck on the crate and it was game over. Ended up 13th with 2 kills.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

I don't understand this game at all. Seems like something we would have enjoyed 10 year ago...?

What exactly is the pull?
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Spooky wrote:I don't understand this game at all. Seems like something we would have enjoyed 10 year ago...?

It has an RPG feel to it, exploring and finding items, mixed with random encounters. Solitary (or squad) travel across wilderness followed by tension when you hit the next village or city, not knowing if there's an ambush waiting behind the next door you open. Games can last anywhere from a few minutes to a 1/2 hour. And then you want to play one more.

To get a feel for PUBG, you can play Fortnight Battle Royale for free. It's like PUBG "light" with base building added on.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Pete1210 wrote:
Spooky wrote:I don't understand this game at all. Seems like something we would have enjoyed 10 year ago...?

It has an RPG feel to it, exploring and finding items, mixed with random encounters. Solitary (or squad) travel across wilderness followed by tension when you hit the next village or city, not knowing if there's an ambush waiting behind the next door you open. Games can last anywhere from a few minutes to a 1/2 hour. And then you want to play one more.

To get a feel for PUBG, you can play Fortnight Battle Royale for free. It's like PUBG "light" with base building added on.
Interesting - thanks Pete.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

More then once I've been on the 3rd floor of some building when I hear a car pull up and some guy is rooting around the lower floors. Hearing him slowly work his way up to my hiding spot while I'm just sitting there with a gun pointed at the door is insanely intense. I'm actually relieved if they just move on at some point.

I actually finished 2nd the other night. I had one shot at the guy with my crossbow, but whiffed. I also recommend headphones for this game. Hearing every little sound & where it's coming from (esp indoors) is crucial.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Okay, is anyone NOT playing on the X? Lol. I'd like to get some technical feedback on the xb1 S.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

It isn't the prettiest game and the framerate isn't the smoothest, but I think it is completely playable on an S. There is a lot of texture pop-in when parachuting into a level.

I'm having fun with the game, even though I tend to be one of the first 10-20 killed.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

greggsand wrote:More then once I've been on the 3rd floor of some building when I hear a car pull up and some guy is rooting around the lower floors. Hearing him slowly work his way up to my hiding spot while I'm just sitting there with a gun pointed at the door is insanely intense. I'm actually relieved if they just move on at some point.

I actually finished 2nd the other night. I had one shot at the guy with my crossbow, but whiffed. I also recommend headphones for this game. Hearing every little sound & where it's coming from (esp indoors) is crucial.
I know THAT feeling dude. I was in a room with the door closed the other night and I knew there was a guy working his way up. All I kept thinking was “don’t F it up, don’t F it up.” Guess what...I F’d It up.

When you actually get through the initial jump onto the island and get a gun solo can be fun as hell. Playing with Pete the other night in a 4 man squad was very fun. For $23 its tough to beat. They just need to clean up the frame rate. I still think 50 vs. 50 mode would be sweet...ala Fortnite.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

The game is still considered beta until 12/20 (when they put out a 'final release' with unlockables and such). The first few days were pretty rough with frame rates, pop-ins & such, but it was vastly improved this weekend IMO.

One tip I heard on a podcast: Once you get an assault rifle and a pistol, you're good to go. Apparently, most of the people who are good at this game get one of each and then stop looting.