Player Unknown Battlegrounds

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Player Unknown Battlegrounds

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:I am getting my hard copy tomorrow. Some of the issues apparently the X is experiencing is that the frame rate drops quite a bit at 4K, most are playing it at 1080P.
My digital copy was delivered earlier. Now all I need to do is get home from work and install it :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:
10spro wrote:I am getting my hard copy tomorrow. Some of the issues apparently the X is experiencing is that the frame rate drops quite a bit at 4K, most are playing it at 1080P.
My digital copy was delivered earlier. Now all I need to do is get home from work and install it :D
Nice, get some feeds...

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/12/1676 ... erformance

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:I watched some videos. I'm still on the fence. I'll be watching for impressions.
For what it’s worth I think you will like the duo and squad modes. Relying on teammates is key. Getting 4 guys together and going to work would be fun. 1 vs. 100 with my skill set :) probably won’t work out too well.

I played Fortnite’s new 50 v. 50 mode last night and it’s way better than solo. I can rely on my other 4 squadmates (plus the other 45 teammates) to build defenses. Fun mode.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I played PUBG first thing this morning and just a few minutes ago over my lunch hour. First thing this morning, it was sluggish, connection hiccups were constant, it was a pretty big mess. However, performance 5 hours later seemed much improved. Never got a network connection error and the game felt smoother and less sluggish.

This battle royale format seems like it will be quite a bit of fun to sink my teeth into. Scavenging for weapons and gear initially is cool and super sweet when you find a pretty high powered weapon right off the bat. Allowed me to kill two intruders within 20 seconds with a shotty when they had nothing but their bare hands. However, I was on the other end of that scenario the previous game.

This game still has a long ways to go, but if they can make monthly improvements, I can see this being a game that has some legs for a while.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I have a copy waiting for me at Best Buy, glad they released code-in-box so the Gamer's Club discount works.

I like that the game ends when you die, since I'm (most likely) terrible I might be able to get multiple games in the time it takes others to play one.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Diablo25 wrote:
Teal wrote:I watched some videos. I'm still on the fence. I'll be watching for impressions.
For what it’s worth I think you will like the duo and squad modes. Relying on teammates is key. Getting 4 guys together and going to work would be fun. 1 vs. 100 with my skill set :) probably won’t work out too well.

I played Fortnite’s new 50 v. 50 mode last night and it’s way better than solo. I can rely on my other 4 squadmates (plus the other 45 teammates) to build defenses. Fun mode.
Been watching mixer for about an hour. Does seem pretty cool with a group, but also seems like it would suck without one you can rely on.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

First game went ok. I spawned near the circle's center, quickly found an AK and got 2 kills before finishing 20th.

Everything since then has been either me ending up miles from the zone and getting wasted trying desperately to reach it or spawning in a fine spot and finding nothing but pea-shooters.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Like I said single player can be a game of frustration which is why I'm looking forward to trying squad mode.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

RobVarak wrote:First game went ok. I spawned near the circle's center, quickly found an AK and got 2 kills before finishing 20th.

Everything since then has been either me ending up miles from the zone and getting wasted trying desperately to reach it or spawning in a fine spot and finding nothing but pea-shooters.
How does the game hold up performance wise? The technicals?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:
RobVarak wrote:First game went ok. I spawned near the circle's center, quickly found an AK and got 2 kills before finishing 20th.

How does the game hold up performance wise? The technicals?
Heading in to give it a go now.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

It's not much to look at, but there weren't any frame rate problems for the most part. A bit janky when the red zone barrages would come in.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I have no clue what I am doing. Ive picked up a few weapons and have no idea how to load them, etc. Yeah Im clueless.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Well I finally figured out what the hell was going on with the changing map, how to load ammo (hold X), how to attach things to your guns (hit A while on the attachment, then A again for it to attach), etc. Wow....clunky...or unique compared to other shooters. I just finished 19th out of 100 in a match. Made it to the final marked area on the map and got capped :). I jumped in a dune buggy to drive to the active play area. A HUGE key is to “mark” on the map (Right Stick movement while in map then right click to mark) where you want to go. Otherwise direction is confusing while in the actual playing screen. If you mark the map with a cursor you can see it at the top of the screen on the compass. The link below explains how the controls work. READ IT BEFORE PLAYING. There is definitely a learning curve! I definitely had fun. There are some frame rate issues but not crazy.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/12/10/ ... legrounds/

https://www.polygon.com/playerunknowns- ... guide-tips
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just played a squad match with Pete and a couple of his buddies and it was a blast. Our squad finished 3rd. It was very intense. Once you get the controls, etc. its a blast.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Played like 5 squad matches with Pete and its a ton of fun. Big map. Landing and looting for gear is fun. The map is that big that there is down time to move around and load up. Anyone that enjoys shooters will like this. Like I said, the controll scheme has a learning curve but once you get that down it is superb.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Superior to Fortnite?

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Teal wrote:Superior to Fortnite?
Yes, because I prefer the realistic/military guns, attachments and graphics. Technically there are framerate issues, but this is a game preview so I expect improvement. Game is fun and addictive.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Absolutely. Jason, You would like the game in squad or duo mode. Teaming up against other squads is fun as hell. Learning how to use the inventory interface is the quirky part. Once you get how to attach stuff, drop stuff, etc. the game takes off. It has a GR feel at times and then its heats up when you are out of the circle and gotta go! We actually finished in the top 5 squads twice. Once the circle gets tiny late it really gets intense.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Bill, I know you have an X, but Pete, what are you playing on?

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Fortnite has more polish for sure but PUBG is just more fun to play. The controls and inventory system does take a little while to get used to but I am not sure how much better they could implement the inventory controls. I did finish one game in 4th place last night before playing some Duo matches, which makes this game even more fun. There are framerate issues in the lobby screen and ejecting from the plane, but being on the actual battleground, it runs pretty smoothly.

What this game needs is more stat tracking, which I heard will be coming in a near update. Like I previously said, this won't be something I play super heavily, but is fun to play a few games here and there.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I think I'm out for now. Still playing GR almost nightly, Division has pulled me back in again, there's R6, Battlefield 1,4 Battlefront 2...I think I'm good on shooters... :D

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Teal wrote:I think I'm out for now. Still playing GR almost nightly, Division has pulled me back in again, there's R6, Battlefield 1,4 Battlefront 2...I think I'm good on shooters... :D
You aren't kidding! Too much to keep caught up on right now!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal wrote:I think I'm out for now. Still playing GR almost nightly, Division has pulled me back in again, there's R6, Battlefield 1,4 Battlefront 2...I think I'm good on shooters... :D
I really think this game would be right up your alley. If you ever see it on sale grab it would b my suggestion. Of course it is never on sale.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

30 bucks ain't bad. That said, it probably is up my alley to some degree. But I don't really like Fortnite at all, and it's not about the Minecraft stuff, so...

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Teal wrote:Bill, I know you have an X, but Pete, what are you playing on?
also Xbox One X
I get that. I got way too many games, but I couldn't pass this up. Its more exploration and survival than shooter, which I like. I also like that there are no classes, no perks, no leveling.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210