Player Unknown Battlegrounds

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Player Unknown Battlegrounds

Post by Diablo25 »

I know I discussed this in the XB1/PS4 thread but figured I’d start a thread for it. I’ve been watching this game on Mixer for a bit and it looks pretty cool. Battle royal style game similar to Fortnite. You can play in teams also. $29.99 for the game. I preordered it from Amazon and I got it for $23.99. Prime members get discounts on new game preorders. I didn’t realize that applied to digital codes but evidently it does. Anyway, it comes out this tuesday the 12th.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Player Unknown Battlegrounds

Post by pk500 »

Is Fortnite remaining free? That will be a big tipping point for me. Both games seem very similar.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:Is Fortnite remaining free? That will be a big tipping point for me. Both games seem very similar.
I don’t like the ‘building’ stuff in Fortnite. Once it gets to like 15 remaining everyone just builds defenses. Not a huge fan.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I could be wrong on this but I thought PUBG came out first. I never heard of Fortnite until PUBG got so popular. I've played it a bit on the PC and it is a lot of fun early warts and all. The main reason I don't play is because it seems more fun with a team and idk many PC players. If we got a group here I would buy in one the 1X
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Danimal wrote:I could be wrong on this but I thought PUBG came out first. I never heard of Fortnite until PUBG got so popular. I've played it a bit on the PC and it is a lot of fun early warts and all. The main reason I don't play is because it seems more fun with a team and idk many PC players. If we got a group here I would buy in one the 1X
I'm pretty sure I'll be playing the heck out of this on XB1. Been really digging Fortnight Battle Royale (the new 50 v 50 is good too), but I think I will prefer the more realistic graphics and gunplay in PUBG.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Fortnite just never grabbed me. It's okay, but there's just something about it I don't care for. I'll be waiting on PUBG until I know more. I literally know everything I know from Bill taking about it... Lol
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Diablo25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:Is Fortnite remaining free? That will be a big tipping point for me. Both games seem very similar.
I don’t like the ‘building’ stuff in Fortnite. Once it gets to like 15 remaining everyone just builds defenses. Not a huge fan.
Yes! I love the premise of the game, but the building stuff just ruins it. Doesn’t Battlegrounds also have vehicles? Looking forward to it.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

greggsand wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
Yes! I love the premise of the game, but the building stuff just ruins it. Doesn’t Battlegrounds also have vehicles? Looking forward to it.
Yes it has vehicles. The continually shrinking map is cool too.
PUBG did come out before Fortnite. It has more realistic, militaristic graphics.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Diablo25 wrote:
I couldn’t stand the “building” feature in Fortnite either and quit playing the game.

With your preorder from Amazon did you get the download code emailed to you or do you have to order the physical box?

-MERACE

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'm officially on the fence. PUBG looks fun, but my game collection overflows with quality titles right now. I have enough to satisfy me for a few months.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

MERACE wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
I couldn’t stand the “building” feature in Fortnite either and quit playing the game.

With your preorder from Amazon did you get the download code emailed to you or do you have to order the physical box?

-MERACE
Its a digital code. I wasn’t expecting the Prime discount and was surprised that I got it. Can’t beat $23.99! I haven’t gotten the email yet.

https://www.amazon.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS-B ... ounds+xbox
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Last edited by Diablo25 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Video unavailable

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I like the Battle Royale type games, solid for pick up and play kind of sessions. Fortnite is free to play and while it is a decent game, like others said, the building mechanic of the game gets to be over the top and takes the fun out of it for me. PUGB is more "realistic" and more my kind of style. I'll be picking this up, but don't expect to be heavily consumed in this game either.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

PUGB is one of the most streamed / twitch games around. I don't watch a lot of live game play but I do find watching PUGB fun if the person isn't a tool. It is a good way to judge the game.

The game itself can be one of frustration early but from a tension standpoint I've never played another game like it. I haven't played enough to be good and as I said above a team session sounds more interesting than a single player one.

I'll get the 1X version as it sounds like we will get a decent group.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Also FWIW I pre-ordered the digital code from Amazon as well and it said delivered Thursday 12/14.
Follow Me on:

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Danimal wrote:Also FWIW I pre-ordered the digital code from Amazon as well and it said delivered Thursday 12/14.
I did as well, but mine will be delivered tomorrow luckily. Didn’t know it was a physical digital code. Should have read the questions and answers.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

TheTruth wrote:
Danimal wrote:Also FWIW I pre-ordered the digital code from Amazon as well and it said delivered Thursday 12/14.
I did as well, but mine will be delivered tomorrow luckily. Didn’t know it was a physical digital code. Should have read the questions and answers.
Me too...damnit. I was hoping to give it a quick go at midnight tonight. Oh well, mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. s***.

From what I can tell the only way to get it is by physical copy or physical digital code. Unless they release it right at midnight on the MS Store. Its not up there yet.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Fortnite added a 50 v 50 mode tonight which is pretty cool. You get placed in a squad of 5 and your other 45 teammates have a green icon over them. Pretty cool. I just let my teammates do all the building that I dont like. :D. 50 on 50 battle royal.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TheTruth wrote:
I don't mind waiting a day or two. I had Amazon credit so it cost me a whole $6.72
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

So, is there no way to purchase the game straight from the Xbox one?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:So, is there no way to purchase the game straight from the Xbox one?
Looks like it’s there now. It must have went live at midnight. It wasn’t up on the store for PreOrder.
I’ll be on later tonight.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I watched some videos. I'm still on the fence. I'll be watching for impressions.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal wrote:So, is there no way to purchase the game straight from the Xbox one?
Yes there is, Amazon doesn't do digital codes and give discounts. It looks like they found away around that, send you a physical box of some type and put a digital code card in it. Honestly if I didn't have the credit I would of just bought it on the store as saving $6 is not a big deal. Saving $23 like I did however is worth waiting 2 days.
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I am getting my hard copy tomorrow. Some of the issues apparently the X is experiencing is that the frame rate drops quite a bit at 4K, most are playing it at 1080P.